School restarts.

General Udon Thani topics only!
GT93
udonmap.com

Re: School restarts.

Post by GT93 » July 2, 2020, 2:30 pm

Sadly yes. I had that rubbish inflicted on me too. Fortunately we didn't have to do any shxt with a flag. Many a Thai family will be rejoicing at school being back.

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 2, 2020, 4:18 pm

Spend an hour singing about "fighting a good fight" and as soon as you did ....... they put you in detention .... talk about mixed messages

daithic
udonmap.com

Post by daithic » July 2, 2020, 6:11 pm

Do any of you have kids in secondary school, from Mathayom 1 up? How are they studying now with the Covid-19 rules in place? Not really talking about International Schools as one would expect them to be extremely organised. Talking about your Udon Pitts, Satri Rachinutits and Udonpichairaks etc

I have a little fella in anubahn and his class size is about 20 so quite manageable for the Covid-19 rules they have in place.

However, my concern is for the daughter who is starting Mathayom 1. There are 45 in her class. They have divided these into groups A and B. Group A study at school in Week 1 and stay home in Week 2, and so on. It is vice versa for Group B.

When questioned, it appears that the daughter, during her rotational week at home, should watch DLTV channel on tv for lessons. I tuned in with her yesterday to see it. She reckons the topics don't fit in with what's in her books, the lessons are repeated again and again, so there are no new lessons daily, as you might expect in regular school. They also seem to finish at around 1.30pm.

Also, there is supposed to be a Line group for her class so at least the ones who are at home can keep up with whatever homework or other things that are relevant, but there is no Line group. Maybe the teacher didn't bother opening it.

If this nonsense continues, she is only going to get, at best guess, half a normal year's education, but more likely about 25% of a normal year's education when all the additional holidays (like this month) are factored in, as well as Sports Day and other nonsense like that.

So, what's happening with your bundles of joy who are in secondary school?

phen
udonmap.com

Post by phen » July 3, 2020, 7:46 am

It's the first week and they try things out.
Yesterday she get the first line group open and some homework.
Next week to school and then I hope thinks will be more clear.
But learning will be more difficult when they only gives a lot off homework without interaction.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 3, 2020, 8:32 am

Have son at Udon pitt
He does 3 days a week Tue Thur Fri
Not how many hours yet

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » July 4, 2020, 8:55 am

School run yesterday afternoon was a nightmare. Over an hour to go 7 kms.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 4, 2020, 10:38 am

daithic wrote:
July 2, 2020, 6:11 pm
Do any of you have kids in secondary school, from Mathayom 1 up? How are they studying now with the Covid-19 rules in place? Not really talking about International Schools as one would expect them to be extremely organised. Talking about your Udon Pitts, Satri Rachinutits and Udonpichairaks etc

I have a little fella in anubahn and his class size is about 20 so quite manageable for the Covid-19 rules they have in place.

However, my concern is for the daughter who is starting Mathayom 1. There are 45 in her class. They have divided these into groups A and B. Group A study at school in Week 1 and stay home in Week 2, and so on. It is vice versa for Group B.

When questioned, it appears that the daughter, during her rotational week at home, should watch DLTV channel on tv for lessons. I tuned in with her yesterday to see it. She reckons the topics don't fit in with what's in her books, the lessons are repeated again and again, so there are no new lessons daily, as you might expect in regular school. They also seem to finish at around 1.30pm.

Also, there is supposed to be a Line group for her class so at least the ones who are at home can keep up with whatever homework or other things that are relevant, but there is no Line group. Maybe the teacher didn't bother opening it.

If this nonsense continues, she is only going to get, at best guess, half a normal year's education, but more likely about 25% of a normal year's education when all the additional holidays (like this month) are factored in, as well as Sports Day and other **** like that.

Having topped out P6 at Udon Christian on Udondutsadi last year, my oldest just started M1 at Udon Christian Suksa outside the ring road on the NK road. During the extended holidays, efforts were made to get some form of online tuition going but it didn't seem to get much traction, instructions were vague and I think they gave up the ghost in the end. Certainly nothing was done in this household. He started last Wednesday and it looks like a full 5 days/week in attendance as his class of 17 looks manageable. I imagine the larger schools with bigger classes will be the ones doing some sort of alternate day in conjunction with online learning? However, since he only had 3 days before this long weekend, I will wait to see how things pan out once they manage a full couple of weeks before updating on how they're coping.

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » July 4, 2020, 1:36 pm

daithic wrote:
I sent my two to a large Thai private (not international) school in Bangkok from 1-Jul. Thats two kids paid for 3 days each so far. The semester fees are 56kTHB each kid per semester.

So far each kid has spent just 1 day of the 3 in school and the other 2 days (different days for each kid) they have sat at home waiting for the school to get its crap sorted out organizing the social distancing.

I never expected much less really.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 4, 2020, 10:27 pm

I noticed my kids started school again on 01 July 2020 and now they apparently have 3 or 4 days off, this coming week :confused: :confused:

Why bother starting back on 01 July

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 5, 2020, 6:50 am

Thai logic , asking that question shows that you can think ..........lol

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 5, 2020, 7:52 am

Mjkt wrote:
July 4, 2020, 1:36 pm
daithic wrote:
I sent my two to a large Thai private (not international) school in Bangkok from 1-Jul. Thats two kids paid for 3 days each so far. The semester fees are 56kTHB each kid per semester.

So far each kid has spent just 1 day of the 3 in school and the other 2 days (different days for each kid) they have sat at home waiting for the school to get its crap sorted out organizing the social distancing.

I never expected much less really.
If I was paying that much per student per semester, I would expect them to have worked out the social distancing versus class sizes already. I doubt they were blindsided by a slew of last-minute sign-ups.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 5, 2020, 7:57 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
July 4, 2020, 10:27 pm
I noticed my kids started school again on 01 July 2020 and now they apparently have 3 or 4 days off, this coming week :confused: :confused:

Why bother starting back on 01 July

pipoz4444
In non-Covid times, schools would already have been open for ~8 weeks and it would be a non-issue. At the same time, the 1st July was the date mandated by the government for earliest school opening but admins could have waited until 8th... if they had bothered to look at a calendar.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » July 5, 2020, 8:45 am

many of you are long stayers ...you should know by now that the motto of Thailand is ,
why do easy when you can do it difficult ?,and logic is a word absent in the Thai dictionary or way of thinking ,TIT ;)

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 5, 2020, 10:37 am

:lol: That's a really good line. I enjoy it.

I better be on my guard in case I'm going to get whacked with it.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » July 5, 2020, 7:09 pm

and " off to work" as well. seeing a lot of bustling
and flapping of wings. i guess some youngsters
are moving into careers

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 10, 2020, 5:42 am

My daughter has volunteered to be a temperature scanner at her school in the morning. Been to n duty for over a week now.
She has had to break out of her midday hibernation awakening and is certainly learning the responsibility of rising early.
5am is a new sensation for her brain.
Good on her for having a go.
Except dad has to get her moving and on the bike early.
There are thousands at the school. So lots of scanner pointing at the 4 main gates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 10, 2020, 9:18 am

Barney do the write down the temps to names
Paramin does

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 10, 2020, 10:52 am

noosard wrote:Barney do the write down the temps to names
Paramin does
Not sure mate.
I’ll check and ask her what is the protocol. There are thousands of girls in this school. I doubt they would do as Paramin with written names.
But I did ask what happens to over temperature girls. She said they are told to sit to the side in the shade, a few come with hot heads from the sun and are then retested.
Most likely hot heads from no bike helmet.
A teacher is there to supervise.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 10, 2020, 7:09 pm

Barney wrote:
noosard wrote:Barney do the write down the temps to names
Paramin does
Not sure mate.
I’ll check and ask her what is the protocol. There are thousands of girls in this school. I doubt they would do as Paramin with written names.
But I did ask what happens to over temperature girls. She said they are told to sit to the side in the shade, a few come with hot heads from the sun and are then retested.
Most likely hot heads from no bike helmet.
A teacher is there to supervise.

Noosard
Confirmed that no signing in for the girls.
Have been told there are about 4,000 girls. To many to sign.
If there are 2 high readings after the rest period then it’s off home. But no one has failed.
37.4 is the limit.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » July 31, 2020, 10:07 am

I'm advised that Udon Christian School is back to normal, ie. five days a week, as of Monday 3rd August.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”