Sex Predator Weinstein To Pay Out $27.5M to Victims

World news discussion forum
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Sex Predator Weinstein To Pay Out $27.5M to Victims

Post by jackspratt » July 1, 2020, 9:20 pm

In the first skirmish against Weinstein, he is apparently up for $27.5 million in damages to his numerous victims.

Weinstein is currently serving 20+ years in the calaboose for rape and sexual assault against 2 women.

However, lawyers have foreshadowed further claims by a number of other women against the pervert, outside of what has been determined in New York.

Whatever damages they end up receiving, I doubt that any of them had a monetary settlement in mind when they were attempting to pursue their careers, but ran up against this predator.

To suggest otherwise would be disgraceful.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Re: Sex Predator Weinstein To Pay Out $27.5M to Victims

Post by mech_401 » July 1, 2020, 10:21 pm

yes , that's horrible . starlets getting pressured on
casting couch. and i'm sure he's quite sleazy

was reading about yet another thai kid abused and unicef reports this happens 50x a day here.
usually from people they know. who cries for them

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » July 1, 2020, 10:47 pm

jackspratt wrote:
July 1, 2020, 9:20 pm
In the first skirmish against Weinstein, he is apparently up for $27.5 million in damages to his numerous victims.

Weinstein is currently serving 20+ years in the calaboose for rape and sexual assault against 2 women.

However, lawyers have foreshadowed further claims by a number of other women against the pervert, outside of what has been determined in New York.

Whatever damages they end up receiving, I doubt that any of them had a monetary settlement in mind when they were attempting to pursue their careers, but ran up against this predator.

At the time most of these women were willing, able and happy to further their careers for a little bit of naughty action. Do not kid yourself. Who was playing who? I work in the film industry and believe me there is a lot more going on than many think. Weinstein is no doubt a creep and if he did actually forcibly rape someone he should pay the price for that but most of this all about cashing in. The women got their career advanced and now they are crying abuse to make some cash.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 2, 2020, 6:12 am

^ What's that you're saying about a creep?

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 2, 2020, 6:46 am

jai yen yen wrote:
July 1, 2020, 10:47 pm
jackspratt wrote:

At the time most of these women were willing, able and happy to further their careers for a little bit of naughty action. Do not kid yourself. Who was playing who? I work in the film industry and believe me there is a lot more going on than many think. Weinstein is no doubt a creep and if he did actually forcibly rape someone he should pay the price for that but most of this all about cashing in. The women got their career advanced and now they are crying abuse to make some cash.
What about those actresses that turned him down, and subsequently had their careers ruined.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » July 2, 2020, 8:40 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 2, 2020, 6:46 am
jai yen yen wrote:
jackspratt wrote:

What about those actresses that turned him down, and subsequently had their careers ruined.
I have not seen proof of that and besides it would be very hard to do. He could not tell fellow producers not to hire a girl because she refused to have sex with him could he? As well any actor or actress has many options for movie work. Weinstein was not the only game in town. What a lot of these starlets would do for a movie roll would make a bargirl look like the virgin Mary. He may be a creep and f he did indeed rape these girls he should pay the price but I have no doubt in my mind many of these poor innocent little girls are playing the cash game. Happy to put out before for a movie roll before and happy to jump on the poor young girl being abused band wagon now.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 2, 2020, 9:07 am

jai yen yen wrote:
July 2, 2020, 8:40 am
I have not seen proof of that and besides it would be very hard to do. He could not tell fellow producers not to hire a girl because she refused to have sex with him could he? As well any actor or actress has many options for movie work. Weinstein was not the only game in town. What a lot of these starlets would do for a movie roll would make a bargirl look like the virgin Mary. He may be a creep and f he did indeed rape these girls he should pay the price but I have no doubt in my mind many of these poor innocent little girls are playing the cash game. Happy to put out before for a movie roll before and happy to jump on the poor young girl being abused band wagon now.
You are as bad, if not worse, than the (now removed) thread from yesterday.

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow ... CAs&uact=5

"If he did....."

Why do think he is in jail for 20+ years?

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » July 2, 2020, 11:22 am

i'm trying to think of all the places i worked at where i observed, pretty young staff use their charms&wiles, suggestive touching , flirting other
attempts at flattery&adulation with male mngrs to
get what they wanted. uuhhrr would be every one

i dont doubt weinstein deserves time though

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 2, 2020, 11:59 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 2, 2020, 6:46 am
jai yen yen wrote:
jackspratt wrote:

Exactly. This guy's epitaph will be, "You're f^cked of you do and you're f^cked if you don't."

An equal-opportunity predator.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » July 2, 2020, 9:56 pm

jackspratt wrote:
July 2, 2020, 9:07 am
jai yen yen wrote:
July 2, 2020, 8:40 am
You are as bad, if not worse, than the (now removed) thread from yesterday.

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow ... CAs&uact=5

"If he did....."

Why do think he is in jail for 20+ years?
Why? Political correctness and our current social climate a
long with all the lefty's crying about anything and everything. people are being charged and vilified for doing things 30 years ago that would not cause any concern at the time and should not. I.E., a politician kissing a girl in high school 30 years ago and now being labeled a predator. Many examples of this happening. One more thing. Keyboard warriors who love to read what media puts out and take it as the truth and who have no experience in what they are talking about might want to consider that someone who has worked in the film industry for over 30 years might have a little more insight than people that have not. What has happened to Weinstein could happen in Thailand. All the poor innocent bargirls that were taken advantage of by the horrible Farang suing for sexual abuse. Are you guilty?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 2, 2020, 10:06 pm

jai yen yen

How many girls does it take to say yes, to balance the justification of one girl who says no and is raped?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » July 2, 2020, 11:07 pm

Whistler wrote:
July 2, 2020, 10:06 pm
jai yen yen

How many girls does it take to say yes, to balance the justification of one girl who says no and is raped?
I am not trying to justify anything, just saying that many of these so called victims are just cashing in and were happy to put out for a movie roll at the time. I also said that if Weinstein did indeed forcibly rape any of these girls than he should pay the price like anyone else.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 3, 2020, 8:40 am

JYY,

What has emerged in the Me-Too movement is uneven power being used to abuse. Young impressionable girls being coerced by men in powerful positions. In the celeb cases it as serial offending by men who were so powerful in their industries that they were repeat offenders. There is a blurry line between rape and coercion, I think it is healthy this is out in the open. Certainly from what I have read, Weinstein straddled both sides of that blurry line.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » July 3, 2020, 9:31 am

A line from Del boy " she only realised she had been raped when the cheque bounced "
Whilst i support these women that alledgedly have been abused by Weinstein deserve to see justice , i think this whole Me too movement has got out of hand .
These days if you comment on a woman having a nice arse or legs , or whatever your seem as a pervert , or worse sexual predator . In my day if you said something like that you would get a smile or an extra wiggle . Now it would be straight to HR ,or if on the street , a glare and maybe reported .
I mean come on lets get real here .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 3, 2020, 9:36 am

jai yen yen wrote:
July 2, 2020, 11:07 pm
Whistler wrote:
July 2, 2020, 10:06 pm
jai yen yen

I am not trying to justify anything, just saying that many of these so called victims are just cashing in and were happy to put out for a movie roll at the time. I also said that if Weinstein did indeed forcibly rape any of these girls than he should pay the price like anyone else.
The assumption that the actresses "were happy to put out for a movie roll at the time" is so deeply rooted in misogyny, I am not surprised you are trolling about Thai bar girls who seemed happy enough with the 500 baht.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » July 3, 2020, 9:58 am

I'd bet that 95 percent of these women knew exactly what they were doing. I seriously doubt that he raped any of them. That's not to say that he is innocent of coercing them. Taking advantage of your position to coerce women is a low life thing to do, but Hollywood is full of assholes. Powerful politicians are in the same category, they are just more careful and keep their asses covered. Slick Willy is a good example of this kind of guy. I suppose some of those women are ashamed that they traded sex to advance their careers and are now standing there with their hands out wanting to cash in on this turn of events. Maybe this is karma and they are able to kick a man in the nuts when he is down.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 3, 2020, 11:15 am

Interesting to see how much respect men have for women with certain posters on this forum. Glalt seriously doubts he raped any of them, yest a jury found him guilty of just that, rape where he physically overpowered and raped more than once. It is not unusual for women to try to deal with such rapes in ways that I for one, do not understand. It is the same for women who live in abusive relationships to stay and tolerate years of abuse.

I have unfortunately witnessed this first hand, nothing said for a long time, then some trigger sets off the bomb, then the world crashes around you.

95% knew what they were doing? How can you possibly know more than a judge, a jury and the conviction of a monster.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 3, 2020, 12:16 pm

glalt wrote:
July 3, 2020, 9:58 am
I'd bet that 95 percent of these women knew exactly what they were doing. I seriously doubt that he raped any of them. That's not to say that he is innocent of coercing them. Taking advantage of your position to coerce women is a low life thing to do, but Hollywood is full of assholes. Powerful politicians are in the same category, they are just more careful and keep their asses covered. Slick Willy is a good example of this kind of guy. I suppose some of those women are ashamed that they traded sex to advance their careers and are now standing there with their hands out wanting to cash in on this turn of events. Maybe this is karma and they are able to kick a man in the nuts when he is down.
If the reason why they felt compelled to do it is lost on you, then go and stand in the corner with @jai yen yen

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » July 3, 2020, 10:07 pm

Whistler wrote:
July 3, 2020, 8:40 am
JYY,

What has emerged in the Me-Too movement is uneven power being used to abuse. Young impressionable girls being coerced by men in powerful positions. In the celeb cases it as serial offending by men who were so powerful in their industries that they were repeat offenders. There is a blurry line between rape and coercion, I think it is healthy this is out in the open. Certainly from what I have read, Weinstein straddled both sides of that blurry line.
The line is indeed blurry, at least it is now. How many young men have dined and wined women in the hopes of getting a reward at the end of the evening? A little alcohol offered to help the process. Is this rape? Telling a woman what she wants to hear to get in her pants, is this coercion? Buying a woman gifts and taking her on a holiday? Maybe tomorrow a lot of men will be charged for these things. What happened to the womans movement telling us that women are strong and independent? Why are they being portrayed as helpless little darlings? Why does a man convicted of rape get the same sentence as murder? I worked for several years as a personal bodyguard for some actors and traveled and stayed at their homes. The things I saw young women do to benefit their careers would astound you. All I am trying to say is too many people are on this bandwagon of nonsense and love to cry and scream about injustice when they really do not have a clue.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 3, 2020, 10:41 pm

jai yen yen wrote:
July 3, 2020, 10:07 pm
Whistler wrote:
July 3, 2020, 8:40 am
JYY,

The line is indeed blurry, at least it is now. How many young men have dined and wined women in the hopes of getting a reward at the end of the evening? A little alcohol offered to help the process. Is this rape? Telling a woman what she wants to hear to get in her pants, is this coercion? Buying a woman gifts and taking her on a holiday? Maybe tomorrow a lot of men will be charged for these things. What happened to the womans movement telling us that women are strong and independent? Why are they being portrayed as helpless little darlings? Why does a man convicted of rape get the same sentence as murder? I worked for several years as a personal bodyguard for some actors and traveled and stayed at their homes. The things I saw young women do to benefit their careers would astound you. All I am trying to say is too many people are on this bandwagon of nonsense and love to cry and scream about injustice when they really do not have a clue.
Bugger all blurry when it comes to the subject of this thread. I had my fare share of groupies when I was a budding rock and roll star and legend in my own lunchtime back in the 1970's but it didn't make it right, even way back then. Just because someone apparently doesn't mind being abused (especially after drinking five black velvet's and sharing a joint after being allowed back stage) doesn't make the abuse right.

Return to “World News”