America coming apart at the seams?

World news discussion forum
Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by Whistler » June 29, 2020, 8:43 pm

big note offer is still on

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 29, 2020, 8:46 pm

No pal.
you rejected it.
Its now off the table

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 29, 2020, 8:47 pm

ok
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 29, 2020, 8:51 pm

Found this on FORBES;

Is the president of the U. S. required to have an annual physical exam?

Extract: There is no legal requirement whatsoever regarding the President’s physical health, nor is the president under any legal obligation to assess or disclose it.

What the other misinformed people are referring to is a convention that has existed for much of the 20th century, wherein Presidents (and candidates for presidents) have typically done an annual physical and released a physician statement to the press/public attesting to their fitness. This is entirely at their choosing, they can vet it at whatever level they wish, and what gets communicated is also entirely up to them, so it is a lot closer to a press release from their communications office than an independent health assessment. And, presidents can (and have) decided to just not do it at all, if they wish - or they can choose to withhold or flat-out lie about very significant health events or conditions. Presidents have had strokes, cancers, heart attacks, dementia, Addison’s disease, and more, in office, without informing the public, and there was nothing technically illegal about it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2017 ... 48c4f22397

Found this below which tends to support the above

https://apnews.com/afs:Content:5693890001

Extract: However, there is “absolutely no requirement” for presidents to have annual health exams or release the results to the public, said Jacob Appel, a physician and professor at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York who has researched the medical histories of U.S. presidents.

President Richard Nixon was the first modern president to publicize his annual medical exams, Appel said. Since then, the process has become more customary for U.S. presidents.

I actually find this strange, and would have thought that there was/should be a Mandatory requirement for some form of Medical, at the start of each new Presidents term, if nothing else to check to see if he had a 50/50 chance making it through his first four year term. \:D/ \:D/

I suppose it is a similar system that they follow for the US Supreme Court judges, where they just wait to carry them out in a timber box at the end, before they contemplate replacing them. Same again for the Senate/Congress and House of Representatives, that being no mandatory Medical checks and no mandatory Retirement age for them, but a totally different set of rules for us Plebs. =; :-k

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » June 30, 2020, 1:09 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
June 29, 2020, 7:10 pm
A group of veterans opposed to President Donald Trump released a new video calling him out over reports that the U.S. government knew the Russian military paid bounties to Afghan militants for killing American soldiers.

On Friday, The New York Times reported that Trump was briefed on the situation in March, but took no action against Russia. To the contrary, Trump said he would like to invite Russian President Vladimir Putin to the next G-7 meeting in September.

Trump said on Twitter that he was not briefed about the alleged bounties, called the Times “fake news” and claimed “nobody’s been tougher on Russia” than his administration.

VoteVets ripped into him.

“Putin owns Donald Trump,” the organization wrote on Twitter, along with the #TRE45SON hashtag that went viral over the weekend. The group also released a new video:

“Intelligence reports on his desk. He says nothing to his master. Takes no action to protect us,” the voiceover stated. “If you’re going to act like a traitor, you don’t get to thank us for our service.”

Trump responds!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 30, 2020, 9:49 am

AP sources: White House aware of Russian bounties in 2019

https://apnews.com/425e43fa0ffdd6e126c5171653ec47d1

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » June 30, 2020, 9:53 am

Biden will pick Hillary as running mate...whats the bet on that..

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 30, 2020, 9:55 am

Meanwhile, on UM, more slack-jawed silence from 45's formerly vociferous acolytes.

...the ones still bothering to post I mean. It's gone especially quiet when they learned that he'd hidden in his WH bunker for the best part of a day.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 30, 2020, 10:03 am

Tam,
I don't notice anyone changing opinions. :lol:

Sort of become a pointless argument.
Might just as well wait until November, then the real sparring can occur. :lol:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 30, 2020, 10:05 am

maaka wrote:
June 30, 2020, 9:53 am
Biden will pick Hillary as running mate...whats the bet on that..
Perilous. However, whoever Biden's choice for VP could always step aside some time after the election win due to any number of reasons and then Hillary could get the gig.

Winning!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 30, 2020, 10:30 am

mickojak wrote:
June 30, 2020, 10:03 am
Tam,
I don't notice anyone changing opinions. :lol:

Sort of become a pointless argument.
Might just as well wait until November, then the real sparring can occur. :lol:
I wasn't suggesting anyone's doing a 180 mick. I'm simply pointing out how quiet they've all become. Nobody's even bothering to restate or argue the totally unlikely and quite frankly, the increasingly ridiculous excuses, lies and flip flops.

I was watching McEnany's press briefing on this 'bounty' issue on Fox last night. That was a frightfully stage managed event if ever I saw one. It's well known that such briefings require questions to be filed in advance so that the correct responses are given. Not unique to the WH either: all wannabe emperor's do it (despots don't even bother with the artifice). However, she did it all so very, very badly. After she's pointed to the reporter of her choice, she's not even listening to the question. She's shuffling through the dossier of the pre-approved Q and stock A to find that reporter's name so she can trot out the pre-approved answer. She's not even pretending to listen to the bloody question. Most if her answers simply restated that the US intelligence community didn't rate the intel and that there was some "dissenting" opinion. Rinse and repeat. Then she ends it with the rote put-down if the NYT and the open suggestion that you must be a hair on fire Democrat to believe what they posit... before the grand flounce off the podium.

Then afterwards on Fox, you get a Trump 2020 campaign adviser ridiculing the WH media for repeatedly asking the same question. Hello?! These were the questions that McEnany... no, that the WH damage control managers CHOSE to be repeated. I doubt she would be so dumb as to pick dozen correspondents with the same questions. Or maybe, like her employer, she is?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 30, 2020, 10:36 am

Tam you would be better off watching a Korean soap

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 30, 2020, 10:46 am

tamada wrote:
June 30, 2020, 10:30 am
wasn't suggesting anyone's doing a 180 mick.
Understand :lol:
tamada wrote:
I doubt she would be so dumb as to pick dozen correspondents with the same questions. Or maybe, like her employer, she is?
Maybe, but definitely appealing to the eye, mine anyway :lol:
And, I don' even like western chicks anymore :lol: \:D/

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 30, 2020, 11:29 am

mickojak wrote:
June 30, 2020, 10:46 am
tamada wrote:
wasn't suggesting anyone's doing a 180 mick.
Understand :lol:
tamada wrote:
I doubt she would be so dumb as to pick dozen correspondents with the same questions. Or maybe, like her employer, she is?
Maybe, but definitely appealing to the eye, mine anyway :lol:
And, I don' even like western chicks anymore :lol: \:D/
Maybe that's why 45 chose her? An eye-candy distraction from the fact that she's not half the press secretary of ALL her predecessors and that's already a quite low bar IMHO. At least they appeared to have read their answers beforehand and had the courtesy to watch and listen while the question was being asked.

She's only a couple of years younger than Mrs tam and I will admit that at first glance (and in 5 to 10 second sound bytes), she's decent-looking. However, that's the first time I have watched her entire presentation and there was absolutely nothing that made we want to reach for my cock.

On the other hand, those Korean soaps...

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 30, 2020, 11:46 am

tamada wrote:
June 30, 2020, 11:29 am
there was absolutely nothing that made we want to reach for my cock.

:lol: Good to see some humour on here.
It's been sadly missed. =D>

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 30, 2020, 11:54 am

mickojak wrote:
June 30, 2020, 11:46 am
tamada wrote:
June 30, 2020, 11:29 am
there was absolutely nothing that made we want to reach for my cock.

:lol: Good to see some humour on here.
It's been sadly missed. =D>
Yeah go ahead. Laugh at my cock. Everyone else does...

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 30, 2020, 12:06 pm

Is that why we're both in Asia? :lol:

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » June 30, 2020, 2:27 pm

have you both got little noses.??

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 30, 2020, 2:50 pm

[/quote]

[/quote]

You have to live in Korea (South) to really appreciate how gorgeous, feminine and elegant, some of those Korean girls can be. The closest I have seen to the Korean girl in elegance and femininity are the Vietnamese girls.

They (K girls) really do carry themselves in a certain way. It's just eye candy in high heels \:D/ \:D/ and some are quite tall. Gangnam at night, its an experience, you are unlikely to see elsewhere. :shock: :shock:

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 30, 2020, 3:35 pm

maaka wrote:
June 30, 2020, 2:27 pm
have you both got little noses.??
Actually, my nose is quite prominent :lol: :^o
pipoz4444 wrote:
June 30, 2020, 2:50 pm
some of those Korean girls can be.
Can attest to that.