Gary Jacobi

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
maaka
udonmap.com

Re: Gary Jacobi

Post by maaka » June 30, 2020, 9:30 am

bump

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » July 1, 2020, 7:41 pm

bump again, and thanks to all those UM members who gave a little for the cause..
its helping Mrs Gary get thru a rough patch, so much appreciated..

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » July 2, 2020, 7:27 am

So far 8 donations to GFM totaling $680 which has been transferred to Tookta, Gary's wife. 2 cash donations of 4k and 10k baht from Udon residents which have been transferred to Tookta. One grant of 15 k baht from the VFW which was deposited in Tookta's account.
Thank you everyone.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » July 2, 2020, 7:33 am

SSA finally answered. Gary is still receiving his SS checks. They are being deposited in his US bank. Unfortunately Tookta cannot access the account with their debit card. The account must be locked and the bank has not answered any of our emails.

Fuzzyken
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by Fuzzyken » July 3, 2020, 5:41 pm

Just trying to help and forgive me if this has already been tried. Is it possible for Tukta to open a bank account in Thailand in her name? If she can, SS could be requested to send all further payments to her account, I think this might work if they are legally married. This of course does not solve the blocked account but that can be dealt with separately.
Personally, I would not waste time sending messages so may I suggest that someone phone the bank and ask them for their advice as to what can be done to unblock the account. I do not know why it is blocked but could be a simple technical problem and easy to rectify.
Also, is Gary entitled to the 1000 dollars or so that Trump promised to pay US citizens and has he in fact applied for it. Maybe paid already into the blocked account!
I do hope that this is helpful
Fuzzyken

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » July 3, 2020, 8:26 pm

thanks Ken for your suggestions..
they have been voiced before, both phoning the bank directly, and tookta opening a new account and then getting SS sent there..We have had a person visit the bank twice, to see what they require, but it needs to be followed up with another call.I believe the bank has an intrepreter on stand by for Tookta, yet other verification papers are needed, and thats where we are at. This applys also to SSA..Even though one is married, a spouse does not automatic access to the husbands accounts and things of that nature...

I am grateful for all input as it keeps me checking that I have everything covered..Thanx

We have recieved some donations, but we are alongway from our goal of 10,000 dollars

Return to “Open Forum”