Air Asis does not like Udon/Pattaya

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Post Reply
User avatar
joepai
udonmap.com
Posts: 644
Joined: February 25, 2012, 1:21 pm

Air Asis does not like Udon/Pattaya

Post by joepai » June 13, 2020, 4:18 pm

Air Asia has just cancelled all their July flights to Pattaya - ever felt unloved :cry:


I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7823
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Air Asis does not like Udon/Pattaya

Post by tamada » June 13, 2020, 4:47 pm

Thai Vietjet Air got it sewn up with Nok Air for now. We still love you.

User avatar
joepai
udonmap.com
Posts: 644
Joined: February 25, 2012, 1:21 pm

Re: Air Asis does not like Udon/Pattaya

Post by joepai » June 14, 2020, 2:36 pm

Agree but via Bangkok which is a PITA where UTP is a nice little airport and just a 40 min ride from Pattaya
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7823
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Air Asia likes Udon/Pattaya in August

Post by tamada » June 29, 2020, 2:34 pm

Thaiger is reporting that "Thai Air Asia will return to full domestic services in Thailand during July" but looking at their online booking system, it looks like most services, including to/from U-Tapao won't start until 1 August.

User avatar
joepai
udonmap.com
Posts: 644
Joined: February 25, 2012, 1:21 pm

Re: Air Asia likes Udon/Pattaya in August

Post by joepai » June 29, 2020, 3:00 pm

tamada wrote:
June 29, 2020, 2:34 pm
Thaiger is reporting that "Thai Air Asia will return to full domestic services in Thailand during July" but looking at their online booking system, it looks like most services, including to/from U-Tapao won't start until 1 August.
That is correct, my July tickets to UTP have been changed to August
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 13250
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Air Asis does not like Udon/Pattaya

Post by stattointhailand » June 29, 2020, 10:40 pm

Rumour that they are short of serviceable planes & pilots, but hope to get a job lot on the cheap from Pakistan soon :-$

User avatar
joepai
udonmap.com
Posts: 644
Joined: February 25, 2012, 1:21 pm

Re: Air Asis does not like Udon/Pattaya

Post by joepai » July 10, 2020, 3:35 pm

Hmmm now the August flights have been cancelled
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 11373
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Air Asis does not like Udon/Pattaya

Post by 747man » July 10, 2020, 3:42 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 29, 2020, 10:40 pm
Rumour that they are short of serviceable planes & pilots, but hope to get a job lot on the cheap from Pakistan soon :-$
But Does that include the Pilots ??

User avatar
Stantheman
udonmap.com
Posts: 1244
Joined: February 9, 2009, 3:33 am
Location: USA (For Now)

Re: Air Asis does not like Udon/Pattaya

Post by Stantheman » July 11, 2020, 6:43 am

Air Asia might be getting better if their plan to fly out of Swampy comes about, but no matter what they do wife refuses to use them.
https://www.nationthailand.com/business ... l_referral

Chuchi
udonmap.com
Posts: 541
Joined: April 17, 2016, 1:55 pm

Re: Air Asis does not like Udon/Pattaya

Post by Chuchi » July 11, 2020, 7:36 am

Something seems to be amiss with Air Asia, I looked to book a flight to Phuket but last time I looked not starting to September. I will be using Lion Air via Bkk ,flights for my dates are averaging around 1200 baht each.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7823
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Air Asis does not like Udon/Pattaya

Post by tamada » July 11, 2020, 7:42 am

Stantheman wrote:
July 11, 2020, 6:43 am
Air Asia might be getting better if their plan to fly out of Swampy comes about, but no matter what they do wife refuses to use them.
https://www.nationthailand.com/business ... l_referral
Looks like they're going to try and clip Thai VeitJet's wings on the BKK-UTH service. The latter are on a tidy wee earner on that route with Thai Smile even beating AirAsia to reopening the route.

What happened that caused Mrs Stan to show them the hand?

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7823
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Air Asis does not like Udon/Pattaya

Post by tamada » July 11, 2020, 7:45 am

Chuchi wrote:
July 11, 2020, 7:36 am
Something seems to be amiss with Air Asia, I looked to book a flight to Phuket but last time I looked not starting to September. I will be using Lion Air via Bkk ,flights for my dates are averaging around 1200 baht each.
AirAsia's press releases state full domestic Thai service will be restored BY September. That's when they're UTP service restarts. Waiting for foreign tourists doesn't seem like a good strategy to me though.

User avatar
Stantheman
udonmap.com
Posts: 1244
Joined: February 9, 2009, 3:33 am
Location: USA (For Now)

Re: Air Asis does not like Udon/Pattaya

Post by Stantheman » July 11, 2020, 9:37 am

tamada wrote:
July 11, 2020, 7:42 am
Stantheman wrote:
July 11, 2020, 6:43 am
Air Asia might be getting better if their plan to fly out of Swampy comes about, but no matter what they do wife refuses to use them.
https://www.nationthailand.com/business ... l_referral
Looks like they're going to try and clip Thai VeitJet's wings on the BKK-UTH service. The latter are on a tidy wee earner on that route with Thai Smile even beating AirAsia to reopening the route.

What happened that caused Mrs Stan to show them the hand?
Tam, the one time we used on trip to Krabi many years ago they treated everyone like cattle at the gate in Krabi, plus she also doesn't like their safety record. With her one bad experience is only thing she remembers no matter how much they improve

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7823
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Air Asis does not like Udon/Pattaya

Post by tamada » July 11, 2020, 11:10 am

^ As an infrequent AirAsia user here, I had no big issues and the staff were quite good at controlling the 'cattle' when boarding at Suvarnabhumi, not so much at U-Tapao. I found the trick to beating the deplaning stampede as soon as the plane stops landing is to get a window seat and let them have at it. Then walk past them as they stand still on the travelators! I haven't used them since the shift to Don Meuang.

Now AirAsia international via their old, former cargo shed at KUL? Now THAT was something to be avoided. Their new setup at KUL2 seems to work OK though.

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 11373
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Air Asis does not like Udon/Pattaya

Post by 747man » July 11, 2020, 12:45 pm

Chuchi wrote:
July 11, 2020, 7:36 am
Something seems to be amiss with Air Asia, I looked to book a flight to Phuket but last time I looked not starting to September. I will be using Lion Air via Bkk ,flights for my dates are averaging around 1200 baht each.
I will be using Lion Air via Bkk.......God Help Yer !! :-" :-" :-"

Chuchi
udonmap.com
Posts: 541
Joined: April 17, 2016, 1:55 pm

Re: Air Asis does not like Udon/Pattaya

Post by Chuchi » July 11, 2020, 2:53 pm

tamada wrote:
July 11, 2020, 7:45 am
Chuchi wrote:
July 11, 2020, 7:36 am
Something seems to be amiss with Air Asia, I looked to book a flight to Phuket but last time I looked not starting to September. I will be using Lion Air via Bkk ,flights for my dates are averaging around 1200 baht each.
AirAsia's press releases state full domestic Thai service will be restored BY September. That's when they're UTP service restarts. Waiting for foreign tourists doesn't seem like a good strategy to me though.
Yes Tam they may miss out on domestic tourism if this strategy works.

https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/we ... -15-307055

User avatar
noosard
udonmap.com
Posts: 2492
Joined: April 17, 2011, 4:07 am
Location: Ban Jumpa Udon
Contact:

Re: Air Asis does not like Udon/Pattaya

Post by noosard » July 11, 2020, 4:24 pm

tamada wrote:
July 11, 2020, 11:10 am


Now AirAsia international via their old, former cargo shed at KUL? Now THAT was something to be avoided. Their new setup at KUL2 seems to work OK though.
Spent a lot time in that old inter airport
My normal flight back to Aus had a 6 to 8 hr wait time there

Post Reply

Return to “Travel & Transport”