A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post Reply
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 12016
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by jackspratt » June 6, 2020, 7:08 pm

jackspratt wrote:
June 6, 2020, 3:55 pm
You be as outraged as you like, Sport - but I don't think anyone will give a toss.
Well., maybe 1. :D
pipoz4444 wrote:
June 6, 2020, 6:01 pm
Ashamed to be Australian [-( and sad to see what the Country has become. My Forefathers (don't know about yours), would jump out of the graves and take up arms.

Just glad I don't and I no longer have to live, there. They can have the Country and I will just have a much happier life elsewhere.

pipoz4444



cjd01
udonmap.com
Posts: 438
Joined: May 19, 2015, 8:53 am

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by cjd01 » June 6, 2020, 7:15 pm

marjamlew wrote:
June 6, 2020, 7:06 pm
cjd01 wrote:
June 6, 2020, 6:28 pm
marjamlew wrote:
June 6, 2020, 6:20 pm
mickojak wrote:
June 6, 2020, 6:15 pm
marjamlew wrote:
June 6, 2020, 6:05 pm
but common sense and good government is working.
Didn't the government just let thousands mingle in the city with no social distancing??????
The government advise was and still is to stay home if you don’t need to be out. The protest leaders were fined $1600. Common sense and good government.
Could you post me a link to that, like to read it Thanks
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-06/ ... e/12329514
Thanks, if they were going to fine them shouldn't have let the protest in the first place

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1229
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by pipoz4444 » June 6, 2020, 7:27 pm

The size of the crowd is pathetic and hardly represents the view of all Melburnian's, let alone that of the majority of Australian's.

What a crowd of 10,000 or may 20,000 at a pinch in Melbourne. Bonnie and Clyde had more people at each of their funerals \:D/ \:D/ =D>

If they had managed to get 500,000 to 1,000,000 people out on the streets of Melbourne, they might have something to gloat about. This is nothing more than, a “Spare prick at a Wedding”. No one with any common sense will pay much attention to it, opp's, then again, CNN might air it on tonight's BS show. :-k

pipoz4444

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 12016
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by jackspratt » June 6, 2020, 8:15 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
June 6, 2020, 7:27 pm

What a crowd of 10,000 or may 20,000 at a pinch in Melbourne. Bonnie and Clyde had more people at each of their funerals \:D/ \:D/ =D>
Were Bonnie & Clyde buried in Melbourne? ;)

User avatar
marjamlew
udonmap.com
Posts: 1810
Joined: March 13, 2006, 2:00 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by marjamlew » June 6, 2020, 8:16 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
June 6, 2020, 7:27 pm
The size of the crowd is pathetic and hardly represents the view of all Melburnian's, let alone that of the majority of Australian's.

What a crowd of 10,000 or may 20,000 at a pinch in Melbourne. Bonnie and Clyde had more people at each of their funerals \:D/ \:D/ =D>

If they had managed to get 500,000 to 1,000,000 people out on the streets of Melbourne, they might have something to gloat about. This is nothing more than, a “Spare prick at a Wedding”. No one with any common sense will pay much attention to it, opp's, then again, CNN might air it on tonight's BS show. :-k

pipoz4444
Not sure if you're aware but there's a bit of a nasty bug about at the moment. Might have had a bit of an impact on the numbers :D
Watch Me!!

cjd01
udonmap.com
Posts: 438
Joined: May 19, 2015, 8:53 am

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by cjd01 » June 6, 2020, 8:21 pm

jackspratt wrote:
June 6, 2020, 8:15 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
June 6, 2020, 7:27 pm

What a crowd of 10,000 or may 20,000 at a pinch in Melbourne. Bonnie and Clyde had more people at each of their funerals \:D/ \:D/ =D>
Were Bonnie & Clyde buried in Melbourne? ;)
Jack
I'm sure there's a Bonnie and Clyde buried somewhere in VIc
maybe after the lock down, we could meet in Vic get some Woolworths beetroot and do a grave check (not rob)

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 1354
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by Whistler » June 6, 2020, 10:11 pm

Seem like you will get your 20,000.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/black ... 7074c8f980

From my point of you, it should not take place
lies are already halfway around the world before the truth has laced up its shoes

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 6296
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: Auckland

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by GT93 » June 7, 2020, 3:58 am

I've been to protests in Melbourne where we would have been pleased to get 100 people. I didn't think the people at the protests were scum although it appears Sport might have got a bit excited about us. I recall some people used to get very upset when they came across protestors. Even when there were police nearby some people felt free to threaten to kill us and to use really obscene language. They would even act like this in front of children. After a good while, the cops would ask them to dial down their language.

cjd01
udonmap.com
Posts: 438
Joined: May 19, 2015, 8:53 am

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by cjd01 » June 9, 2020, 1:10 pm

[Pier’s off: fishers get marching orders

Victoria Police closed a Mornington Peninsula pier over concerns fishermen were not social-distancing just two days after thousands marched through the streets of Melbourne without penalty

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 1354
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by Whistler » June 9, 2020, 1:23 pm

cjd01 wrote:
June 9, 2020, 1:10 pm
[Pier’s off: fishers get marching orders

Victoria Police closed a Mornington Peninsula pier over concerns fishermen were not social-distancing just two days after thousands marched through the streets of Melbourne without penalty
Blackfish lives matter
lies are already halfway around the world before the truth has laced up its shoes

User avatar
marjamlew
udonmap.com
Posts: 1810
Joined: March 13, 2006, 2:00 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by marjamlew » June 9, 2020, 4:22 pm

There were also 50,000 people, each day, shopping at Highpoint Shopping centre on Saturday, Sunday and Monday (long weekend Queen's birthday - thanks Lizzy). Apparently people were queuing for 90 minutes to get into Footlocker and spend their cash on a new pair if Nikes. Black lives may matter but not as much a shopping does in this city.
Watch Me!!

User avatar
mech_401
udonmap.com
Posts: 845
Joined: August 13, 2018, 3:59 am

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by mech_401 » June 9, 2020, 6:48 pm

stop and give an aboriginal a hug . it's painfully
shameful the way they've been treated. and silent
respectful protests, just aren't popular in news

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 1354
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by Whistler » June 9, 2020, 10:28 pm

My mob do not protest much, we did this week. Normally we just get on with life.
lies are already halfway around the world before the truth has laced up its shoes

User avatar
AlexO
udonmap.com
Posts: 1251
Joined: June 8, 2015, 11:45 am
Location: Nong Lat Udon

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by AlexO » June 10, 2020, 12:09 am

GT93 wrote:
June 7, 2020, 3:58 am
I've been to protests in Melbourne where we would have been pleased to get 100 people. I didn't think the people at the protests were scum although it appears Sport might have got a bit excited about us. I recall some people used to get very upset when they came across protestors. Even when there were police nearby some people felt free to threaten to kill us and to use really obscene language. They would even act like this in front of children. After a good while, the cops would ask them to dial down their language.
Protesting against what 93. You poor wee soul, someone used offensive language while you were protesting about what was it again? The sad thing is that a great number of protesters in a crowd have absolutely no idea what they are protesting about, its just a day out with their friends and a chance for some more selfies.

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 6296
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: Auckland

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by GT93 » June 10, 2020, 8:17 am

If Highpoint was in Auckland I still wouldn't have gone if there were that many people there. And that's despite all our queues and restricted movements within NZ having gone for now. A bit of social distancing seems to have become habitual.

I read in The New York Times that Jacinda Adhern officiated at the unveiling of a plaque in November 2019 to mark the 1918 influenza pandemic in New Zealand:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/14/busi ... rials.html
It reads: “1918 Influenza Pandemic.” Beside those words is a panel dedicated to the dead, then another panel with a single sentence underscoring the value of learning from the past: “This disaster shaped modern approaches to managing infectious diseases, helping to protect future generations.”

The prime minister gave a brief speech, reminding attendees that New Zealand had a plan to manage pandemics, which it has been revising for years, most recently in 2017.
She was the first person in recent authority in NZ to agree to such a plaque. Her somewhat recent thoughts about the influenza pandemic seem to have had her primed to immediately take Covid 19 very seriously

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1229
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by pipoz4444 » June 10, 2020, 10:45 am

AlexO wrote:
June 10, 2020, 12:09 am
GT93 wrote:
June 7, 2020, 3:58 am
I've been to protests in Melbourne where we would have been pleased to get 100 people. I didn't think the people at the protests were scum although it appears Sport might have got a bit excited about us. I recall some people used to get very upset when they came across protestors. Even when there were police nearby some people felt free to threaten to kill us and to use really obscene language. They would even act like this in front of children. After a good while, the cops would ask them to dial down their language.
The sad thing is that a great number of protesters in a crowd have absolutely no idea what they are protesting about, its just a day out with their friends and a chance for some more selfies.
Touche =D> =D>

pipoz4444

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 12016
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by jackspratt » June 10, 2020, 12:17 pm

AlexO wrote:
June 10, 2020, 12:09 am
The sad thing is that a great number of protesters in a crowd have absolutely no idea what they are protesting about, its just a day out with their friends and a chance for some more selfies.
How many protests have you participated in, Alex - so we can understand how qualified you are to make this claim?

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 1354
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by Whistler » June 10, 2020, 12:42 pm

It's interesting Jack,

Nobody can openly state they are in favour of racism, police violence or other unsavory topics, when in fact they are racist, or believe in authoritarianism, they never express their true views.

then they come in at the side, vilifying those who oppose these nasty things. So all protesters are looters, arsonists, taunting police, plants for ANTIFA, parts of secretly funded groups, or as Alex just stated, the are really just air heads that are protesting for the sake of it. Trumps disgraceful tweet about the 75 year old guy in Buffalo is a classic example of this tactic.

These bigots will say anything to oppose, but never admit their bigotry.
lies are already halfway around the world before the truth has laced up its shoes

Sport
udonmap.com
Posts: 1232
Joined: October 30, 2006, 10:13 pm
Location: LA USA
Contact:

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by Sport » June 10, 2020, 1:55 pm

AlexO wrote:
June 10, 2020, 12:09 am
Protesting against what 93. You poor wee soul, someone used offensive language while you were protesting about what was it again? The sad thing is that a great number of protesters in a crowd have absolutely no idea what they are protesting about, its just a day out with their friends and a chance for some more selfies.
[/quote]

Completely agree Alex with your comment.

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 1354
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by Whistler » June 10, 2020, 2:25 pm

80,000 football marched in protest against New Limited kicking South Sydney our of the Australian Rugby League, I was part of that group. I am sure we all knew exactly why we were there, and eventually News Corp caved in.

You think they did not know what they were marching for, it was pretty damned obvious to everybody I saw on that protest, no long haired dimwits, just great football fans

Apart from Vietnam, the only protests I have every marched in. On those experiences people knew why they were there.

There are some protests, like save the Vericoloured Southern Newt from the opening of a children's playground in an outer London greenbelt, that you do get silly behavior from BANANAS. However when you get major protests such as we have seen, it is a different story.
lies are already halfway around the world before the truth has laced up its shoes

Post Reply

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”