America coming apart at the seams?

World news discussion forum
GT93
udonmap.com

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by GT93 » June 3, 2020, 1:20 pm

Answering the question posed in the thread title, I'd say "yes". The US defence secretary has described US cities as the “battlespace” and the bible flaunter has rejoiced in his administration’s “overwhelming force” and “domination” over the citizenry. The US is falling through the floor. :(

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » June 3, 2020, 2:55 pm

GT93 wrote:
June 3, 2020, 1:20 pm
Answering the question posed in the thread title, I'd say "yes". The US defence secretary has described US cities as the “battlespace” and the bible flaunter has rejoiced in his administration’s “overwhelming force” and “domination” over the citizenry. The US is falling through the floor. :(
So I will guess you agree, “What you are watching is class war, disguised as race war… and that the US civil war may have started on 11/8/2016" ?
The election of Donald Trump may have drawn the lines between civil nationalism and ethno-tribalism
https://theduran.com/second-us-civil-wa ... 016-video/
?

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » June 3, 2020, 3:17 pm

Yes coming apart at the seams and having an immature, petty, mean, revengeful, ignorant person in charge is making things much worse.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 3, 2020, 3:45 pm

The African American population in the USA is 37 Million, there are a hell of a lot more opposed to Trump including middle class white with degrees who overwhelmingly oppose Trump.

This is not a class war, it is a protest against bigotry, ignorance and an awful government particularly the the Federal Executive

It started off as a protest against police brutality but has now morphed into something a whole lot bigger.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » June 3, 2020, 3:55 pm

Do"The do gooders" still have anything to say about Asian governments mistreatment of protesters?(HK,China, etc..)
I hear crickets chirping.
Voiceover for hire.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 3, 2020, 3:58 pm

Whistler wrote:
June 3, 2020, 3:45 pm
The African American population in the USA is 37 Million, there are a hell of a lot more opposed to Trump including middle class white with degrees who overwhelmingly oppose Trump.

This is not a class war, it is a protest against bigotry, ignorance and an awful government particularly the the Federal Executive

It started off as a protest against police brutality but has now morphed into something a whole lot bigger.
Yes must be Trump's fault none of this bigotry existed before he became President
it was him that told Chauvin to become a cop some 20 years ago.
as an aside I just kicked my big toe I'm pretty sure it's because of that bloody Trump

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 3, 2020, 4:07 pm

Whistler
Unfortunately I have to go (silly farm work)
please feel free to morph this discussion as you do to any any direction which will deflect from any serious questioning of your undeniable logic.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » June 3, 2020, 4:49 pm

Don't watch this if you have a bad ticker or hate to watch violence

Atlanta protest arrest bodycam video shows college students tazered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEtyEPe ... e=emb_logo

then we have this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 3, 2020, 5:15 pm

RLTrader wrote:
June 3, 2020, 4:49 pm
Don't watch this if you have a bad ticker or hate to watch violence

Atlanta protest arrest bodycam video shows college students tazered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEtyEPe ... e=emb_logo

then we have this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo
They were innocent until proven black.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 3, 2020, 5:17 pm

Innocent until they refused to get out of the car under police orders

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » June 3, 2020, 5:50 pm

you can't make this stuff up

targeting foreign & domestic journalists. Trump Calls Up Military For 'Law And Order' Campaign Stunt. click on the can't believe link.

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2020/06/t ... .html#more

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » June 3, 2020, 6:05 pm

It's true ...

by lizard
hauled from a comment

I think this relevant to how fractured the discourse is. it's a repost from my litter watering hole.

I know it’s going to be difficult to accept what I’m about to say because people get very invested in their chosen narratives, but it’s important that you at least be exposed to the notion that it’s all true.

It’s true that people engaged in peaceful protests.
It’s true that people engaged in lawless looting.
It’s true that provocateurs have committed acts of vandalism and sometimes carry umbrellas.
It’s true that Antifa exists and that they don’t advocate gently placing flowers in the gaping hole of a long gun.
It’s true that some very messed up militia minded people call themselves Boogaloo Bois, wear Hawaiian shirts, and are showing up to add their brand of crazy to the mix.
It’s true looters come in all shades and sizes.
It’s true some desperate people are taking things they need.
It’s true some opportunistic people are taking things they want.
It’s true opportunistic government thugs suddenly shifted the Covid-19 rationale for using contract tracing to a catch-them-rioters rationale for using contract tracing.
It’s true the policy infrastructure for enacting martial law has been a long-term, bi-partisan project.
It’s true that now is the time to realize what’s at stake, but instead of acting collectively for our mutual benefit, the cognitive challenge of accepting that all these things can be true at the same time will keep us tied to one of these things to the exclusion of all the others.

It’s hard work, I know. But I have faith in you.

Posted by b on June 1, 2020
Me for one have zero faith

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 3, 2020, 6:23 pm

mickojak wrote:
June 3, 2020, 5:17 pm
Innocent until they refused to get out of the car under police orders
They were ordered out of the car because they were black, this is Atlanta. Using tasers on frightened college kids?

There were dozens of cops around, not need to use tasers as excessive force. This is why these protest are all over America, thuggish cops routinely abusing people of colour

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 3, 2020, 6:26 pm

Whistler wrote:
June 3, 2020, 6:23 pm
They were ordered out of the car because they were black
Really?

How do you know that?

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 3, 2020, 6:28 pm

And, no matter what colour you are, the cops ask you to do something, you do it, or suffer the consequences.

No sympathy from me

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 3, 2020, 6:32 pm

mickojak wrote:
June 3, 2020, 6:28 pm
And, no matter what colour you are, the cops ask you to do something, you do it, or suffer the consequences.

No sympathy from me
Utter nonsense, police must have reasonable cause, that even the case in Thailand which is an authoritarian nation. Police cannot search, detain, question or take any action without reasonable cause. even with reasonable cause, they cannot use excessive force

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 3, 2020, 6:35 pm

Out at night in the middle of the riots.

Hmmm, reasonable cause, absolutely.

Oh, maybe they just innocently went to McDonalds, and had no idea what was going on.

Gimme a break

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 3, 2020, 6:41 pm

What riots? Nothing in that video showed riots taking place.

You defending excessive force as well, so the poor sod who was killed that stated all this mess should have meekly surrendered and died in the knowledge that the cops can do anything they like.

You condone murder?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 3, 2020, 6:50 pm

My father was a soldier and for three years a cop. He would never condone what you just support

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 3, 2020, 6:51 pm

And what do I support?

Return to “World News”