Weather in Udon ?

General Udon Thani topics only!
747man
udonmap.com

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by 747man » June 1, 2020, 5:27 pm

Pal52 & Barney, I Have the SAME Problem with my pool EVERY Year at this time,What I've done for the past couple of years I've put in 1 Litre of Acid in to every 10,000 Litres of Pool Water so in mine 3 1/2 Litres of Acid It Kills the green Algae & I Have Totally CLEAR Water within 24 Hours......And It's Quite safe to go in the pool after the 24 Hours have elapsed !!

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » June 2, 2020, 8:14 am

Thanks for the tips.

Have used 15 KG of Chlorine powder in the last 2 weeks.
It clears it but after another downpour the Algae is back so obviously not clearing it totally.

Have ordered some Copper Sulphate from Swimming Pools Thailand (sponsor on Udon Map).
Will give it a try & if it does not work will try the Acid but my pool is 170,000 Litres.

I have never had the problem as bad as this in the 10 years have had the pool which makes me think the rain has a big increase in Algae due to the long hot/dry spell we had.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 2, 2020, 8:29 am

I've recently started using different chemicals.
Clear advance
Swim advance

I still keep acid in balance and run slightly yellow chlorine colour in the test kit

One is for algae, other like flcculent.
My water is crystal clear.
Get both in plastic bottle from Lazada

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » June 2, 2020, 12:41 pm

Just watched a interesting video on Algae & how to kill it.

Algae is airborne & so are the Phosphates which the Algae lives on.

It mentions the weather which is the time of year we are in now.
Worth watching if you have a pool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzGoK4Cd7tc

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 2, 2020, 2:46 pm

pal52 wrote:
June 2, 2020, 8:14 am
Thanks for the tips.

Have used 15 KG of Chlorine powder in the last 2 weeks.
It clears it but after another downpour the Algae is back so obviously not clearing it totally.

Have ordered some Copper Sulphate from Swimming Pools Thailand (sponsor on Udon Map).
Will give it a try & if it does not work will try the Acid but my pool is 170,000 Litres.

I have never had the problem as bad as this in the 10 years have had the pool which makes me think the rain has a big increase in Algae due to the long hot/dry spell we had.
Will give it a try & if it does not work will try the Acid but my pool is 170,000 Litres.Just Do the Math pal52....About 17 Litres of Acid Mate.. :-$ :-$ \:D/ \:D/

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » June 4, 2020, 4:28 am

hhmmnn forecast for rain all week. i'm not yet sure how this relates to trump/u.s.a. but we can
find a way. air is finally clearing up. thank buddha

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 6, 2020, 5:24 pm

Nice storm and heavy rain here at present

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 7, 2020, 8:04 am

Probably same storm passed through us from 2100 to 2230h. Nice bit of rain with quite spectacular light show.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » June 7, 2020, 11:18 am

Lost power for 2 hours yesterday evening. Happens a lot in our mooban.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 7, 2020, 12:36 pm

mak wrote:
June 7, 2020, 11:18 am
Ours too, not been an issue since i bought a generator, my big problem now is loss of power, sometimes it drops as low as 180v and then fans etc run at half speed.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 7, 2020, 1:23 pm

vincemunday wrote:
June 7, 2020, 12:36 pm
mak wrote:
Ours too, not been an issue since i bought a generator, my big problem now is loss of power, sometimes it drops as low as 180v and then fans etc run at half speed.
Yes, that's our issue too. It's been that way since the house was built near 15 years ago and there's a whole lot of houses have tapped onto that line since then. The transformer blows up at least twice a year and they replace it with the same size.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 7, 2020, 1:26 pm

mickojak wrote:
June 6, 2020, 5:24 pm
Nice storm and heavy rain here at present
I went for a test drive of my newly cleaned, garden-fresh air conditioning around 5:30 PM last night. Just a nice 30-minute drive around the ring road, check out the repairs on the south side, etc.. The heavens opened up just before I got to DM's love junction and that's when I realized I hadn't put the windscreen wiper arms back on yet.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 7, 2020, 3:28 pm

tamada wrote:
June 7, 2020, 1:23 pm
vincemunday wrote:
mak wrote:
Yes, that's our issue too. It's been that way since the house was built near 15 years ago and there's a whole lot of houses have tapped onto that line since then. The transformer blows up at least twice a year and they replace it with the same size.
Buy a gennie Tam oops! I mean generator (in case redundant tefl teacher on here too), dirt cheap and will do most things you want it to.

https://www.dohome.co.th/nash-generator ... 78143.html
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 7, 2020, 6:13 pm

I too thought about a generator, but when all things considered, the amount of times off fopr more than 30 to 50 mins very rare and not that often either. Freezers will keep stuff frozen for up to 24 hrs, fridges if not electric rarely open. Have never suffered any loss of food because of a power cut, but keep the freezer topped up .
Cost of a generator is far more than I would pay to refill a freezer at least 4/5 times so I risk it , plus you have to wire it in and arrange to cut off switches etc. plus maintain the Generator and SERVICE it. In 16 years never a real problem / Only when they rewired the High voltage cables for three days no power each day for 8/10 hours, but I knew and organised myself accordingly.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 7, 2020, 6:51 pm

I see your point KP but most of us don’t worry too much about the cost and the maintenance isn’t difficult to do yourself. We get outages of three hours sometimes, that is a long time for me to be without air con, particularly if it’s nightime and I’m trying to sleep.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 7, 2020, 7:19 pm

vincemunday wrote:
mak wrote:
I am touching wood and crossing fingers etc but our power supply out here seems really quite stable compared to other area's. In 5 years we have had a single 3 hour shutdown once when they were changing the transformer (a few short term ones as well) and almost zero cuts so far this year. We had a few micro cuts of less than an second or two the other night during a storm which is a pain waiting on the modem to reboot but really nothing to worry about. Watch this, now I have mentioned it, the power cut Gods will punish me.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 7, 2020, 8:26 pm

I don't have an issue with power outages. They are few and far between. I have issues with mains power around 175 volts between 3-4 hours in the evenings. On a good night it drops around 6 pm and gets back to normal around 9 pm. The hotter the day, the earlier/later the low voltage period. Right now at 20:20 it is 167 volts and today wasn't even a scorcher. I don't need a generator, I need a utility company that provides something they are getting paid to provide. I am only about 500 meters from the under-sized moobahn transformer that blows up maybe twice a year.

I thought about the obvious option (to me), a 25 kva voltage stabilizer for about 25 k baht + installation, available from Global. The hook up would be quite easy at my place. However, an AVS consumes more power as the voltage drops so, this is power consumed through my meter. Based on the experience of someone who has already installed an AVR, I will most certainly have the 240 V that the PEA is already charging me for but unable to provide. However, I will also be paying for the ~12% increase in my monthly bill due to the AVR. I will be paying them more for something that they can't provide.

There's a sub-station going in about 750 m on the other side of the ring road. I will ask the PEA is this will augment or replace the end-of-the-line situation I am in. It would be a bugger to fork out for an expensive, power eating AVR that may be redundant well before the next 'hot' season.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 30, 2020, 10:00 am

We`ll they tell me it is the Rainy season, being gullible I believed them BUT the last 4 days in sleepy Nongnakham, narry a drop not even a sprikling of the wet stuff. Temperatures between 35-39 in the day WTF ???

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 30, 2020, 10:05 am

OUT THE DOOR WEATHER REPORT
Well KP we may have to get you as a roaming reporter for our Weather Network
Here east of the Ring Road , just wait have to get out of the chair, it is Sunny with a few clouds OR if you like Partially Cloudy with Sunny Periods

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 30, 2020, 10:05 am

OH, sorry and its Hot

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”