Border and bar closings

Fuzzy Ken
udonmap.com

Re: Border and bar closings

Post by Fuzzy Ken » May 28, 2020, 6:53 pm

Border and bar closings are relevant subjects and I fail to understand what the connection is with recent postings or am I missing something ?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 28, 2020, 7:00 pm

Well it is "bordering" on sanity and "barring" anything new happening it does keep the thread from "closing" till there is any new news to report

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 28, 2020, 8:14 pm

Fuzzyken wrote:
May 28, 2020, 6:53 pm
Border and bar closings are relevant subjects and I fail to understand what the connection is with recent postings or am I missing something ?
Nothing wrong with a bit of thread topic drifting .. seems the norm now and in most cases the posting matter usually gets back on topic after a few wayward posts.. nothing real serious is it ?

See July 1st mooted for border reopening of all businesses and International travel.

source - 747 Alan from Nong Khai (see other UM thread)

here u go back on topic already

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 29, 2020, 8:57 am

Almost 9 already so we can assume nothing happening up the junction.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 29, 2020, 9:17 am

The most famous intersection (in udon) is totally back to pre C19 normality so no more updates .. sorry Tam .. i know you loved them .

Brownie the randy duck noodle dog (more pups) , Carrie the cow and Whitey the albino squirrel will miss the attention and tourist tips but we can all get our lives back ... UNTIL NEXT TIME !!

I along with hundreds of forum members around the world will also miss them and no amount of lobbying or bribes paid to me will get them reinstated ..

DM

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 29, 2020, 2:10 pm

It took you one post to go off track again DM. Get a grip.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 31, 2020, 12:28 am

After an afternoon walk turned into a few slurps .. walked home in a massive thunderstorm .. really enjoyed it .. even tho it took me a 2 or 3 mins over the curfew 11pm .. pissing down still and also loads of curfew violating vehicles on the road obviously thinking the BIB wont be out in this weather.

Borders remain closed as do bars .. but not the one i was in all afternoon

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 31, 2020, 8:17 am

Mrs tam and half the moobahn have been out past midnight these past couple of wet nights catching frogs. Thai cops are like cats in the rain, a fact that has enabled more than a few to keep drinking later during the old normal.

I read that inter provincial travel has got the government's nod from manana but I guess the individual provinces will be calling that one. The 'popular' destinations like Pattaya, being in Chonburi, will probably remain restricted to stop the weekend flood of Bangkokians. Hope that Buriram gets their act together soon though. You need a break.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 31, 2020, 8:29 am

tamada wrote:
May 31, 2020, 8:17 am
Mrs tam and half the moobahn have been out past midnight these past couple of wet nights catching frogs. Thai cops are like cats in the rain, a fact that has enabled more than a few to keep drinking later during the old normal.

I read that inter provincial travel has got the government's nod from manana but I guess the individual provinces will be calling that one. The 'popular' destinations like Pattaya, being in Chonburi, will probably remain restricted to stop the weekend flood of Bangkokians. Hope that Buriram gets their act together soon though. You need a break.
OK to go Buriram from tomorrow Tam .. re checked with Poo yai ban and alls good first 3 days there village nurse Gladys comes to check temp thats it .. more or ess free movement.

NEED A BREAK :lol: :lol: im just fine thanks

After April n May furloughed myself the thought of cracking on again June is still being considered only .. wait n see what the majority of our customers are doing.

As far as im seeing whilst out n about other than government buildings malls etc its bizz as usual .. take one road for example ..from RR to Kutchap on my walking route im seeing many Thai restaurants openly serving booze with food now regardless of if its allowed or not and the mom n pop concrete table slurpers is out in force.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 31, 2020, 8:38 am

^ Don't forget we need pictures of nurse Gladys.

PS: aircon doghouse beers around noon today. Now there's a brisk, healthy walk for you, no?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 31, 2020, 11:35 am

My mate who lives on the dark side of Pattaya says Pattaya is "open for business" from tomorrow. They just had that one-week local lockdown a wee while ago between the darkside and the... light side to control something or other.

I may pop down myself and collect my DHL package personally when it comes in.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 1, 2020, 1:27 pm

Spoke to most of our regular 3DM customers (most of which are closed or at best open selling only take away ).... and also my bizz colleagues in Bkk over the weekend.

Following this I called a meeting with myself this morning ... i turned up with myself and went thru the single item up for discussion listed in the minutes...

i) re opening the business from today or July 1st ..

After deliberation and a nice poached salmon and salad lunch i though fook it im gonna have another month off.

Lots to do walking and finishing some of my needle craft projects... and of course THE INTERSECTION needs me.

I know all UM members will be over the moon to hear DM will be "forum active" for a while longer tho will be posting on the happy threads mainly as it a common known fact it takes more facial muscular exersions to frown than smile.

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 1, 2020, 1:33 pm

Typical, knew all these bloody layabouts wouldnt go back to work if given the option to sit on their ar*es for another month

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 1, 2020, 1:55 pm

Layabout :shock: :shock: ..i furloughed myself

Im hearing from a few folks back in UK that jo public are getting used to being furloughed and paid 80% of their salary for tossing it off , many will find it difficult to prize their fat beach ball like arses of the sofa squeeze threw the front door and waddle to the local deli for a scotch hegg and custard slice never mind actually start work again.

walk time :wave:

DM

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » June 3, 2020, 9:17 pm

does anyone even know what the curfew is for
June? still 23:00-0:400 or now 24:00-04:00 ?
* this is not a trump thread* not a trump thread*

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 24, 2020, 1:45 pm

Tam....Pleased to see my junction is still here and as busy as ever .. :lol: :lol:

Our business has been given the green light to restart so demothballing now ready for July 1st kick off.

Talking to our established customers none are closing perminently / not reopening thou are expecting business to be quiet for a few weeks, thankfully our business base being Isaan is very much NONE reliant on tourism unlike Patts Phuket and CM etc.

Restaurants that have already opened are placing orders and commenting things are getting better.

Borders need to get open for sure but only when its right ..What we dont need a second wave of c19 .. [-o<

DM

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » June 24, 2020, 6:26 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 24, 2020, 1:45 pm
Tam....Pleased to see my junction is still here and as busy as ever .. :lol: :lol:

Our business has been given the green light to restart so demothballing now ready for July 1st kick off.

Talking to our established customers none are closing perminently / not reopening thou are expecting business to be quiet for a few weeks, thankfully our business base being Isaan is very much NONE reliant on tourism unlike Patts Phuket and CM etc.

Restaurants that have already opened are placing orders and commenting things are getting better.

Borders need to get open for sure but only when its right ..What we dont need a second wave of c19 .. [-o<

DM
I was in Tbar talking to Steve a couple of days ago
Asked him how business was going after the Alcohol ban Finished.
He said it was slow as his regulars did not come out so much but expected it to gradually improve.
It is only to be expected after the harsh Lock down the Govt imposed regarding Alcohol sales.
I agree borders should not yet be reopened but no reason to stop Locals enjoying themselves after 30 days of no local infections.
Keep the powers to lock-down on an an area if new cases appear.

Udon Map
Admin

All businesses, including "entertainment venues" to resume on July 1

Post by Udon Map » June 25, 2020, 11:14 am

Massage 1.jpg
Soapy massage parlours are among the businesses allowed to reopen on July 1, the government's coronavirus response spokesman said. Photo by: Wichan Charoenkiatpakul

All businesses and activities suspended to control the spread of coronavirus disease will be allowed to resume on July 1 - including entertainment venues and "soapy massage" parlours.

Dr Taweesilp Visanuyothin, spokesman of the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, announced the decision on Wednesday.

He said regulations had been drafted for the fifth round of resumption of business and activities "when complete relaxation will occur".

Businesses and activities to resume this time posed a high risk of disease transmission. Their closure had an insignificant impact on the overall economy, but some groups of people were in financial trouble because of it - including musicians and singers, he said.

Dr Taweesilp said schools will fully open. Restrictions on opening hours at malls will be lifted.

Pubs, bars and karaoke shops will reopen, but must close at midnight. Groups of visitors will be capped at five people, and will be prohibited from joining other groups. Sales promotion activities will be banned.

Video game parlours will reopen, but will not be allowed to sell food or beverages.

Premises offering a bath-sauna-massage service [aka soapy] will reopen on the condition that customers and staff wear face masks and observe social distancing - except during "bathing time", Dr Taweesilp said.

"Customers will use the Thaichana app when they check-in, or manually register their visit in a book," he said.

Staff would be regularly tested for Covid-19 and other related diseases.

At all these premises, the government will continue to require body temperature screening, the use of face masks, social distancing, regular cleaning, one-month of surveillance camera footage to facilitate disease investigation, and use of the Thaichana app for check-in and check-out.

At wet massage parlours, surveillance cameras would cover only public zones, Dr Taweesilp said.

Courtesy of The Bangkok Post
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... x#cxrecs_s

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 25, 2020, 6:05 pm

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 25, 2020, 6:35 pm

Reading all the 22 rules, just goes to show the Thai Government is completely out of touch with how many of these places operate, and as Pattaya Bar owners have said not bothering to open.
Unlike the up-market places like Oscars here in town, patrons are Government Folk , Normal bars etc will have a a hell of a time even managing to pay for all the requirements and still make a profit when you have no patrons.

So although Bars etc can reopen, the atmosphere will be almost non-existent . So all the workers will be unemployed until all these restrictions are either watered down or stop altogether`.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”