Why would you want to. Stay in Thailand.

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Re: Why would you want to. Stay in Thailand.

Post by semperfiguy » May 28, 2020, 1:43 pm

mech_401 wrote:
May 28, 2020, 9:50 am
burger individual 109฿ whoppers w/cheese all month
free delivery. there's one reason :-s i'll think of more
I remember 20 years back a BK in my hometown in Tennessee, USA was selling Cheese Whoppers for $1 or say 32 Baht. Boy have times changed......and how time flies. Seems just like yesterday!

Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 28, 2020, 1:52 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
May 28, 2020, 1:43 pm
mech_401 wrote:
I remember 20 years back a Burger individual in my hometown in Tennessee, USA was selling Cheese Whoppers for $1 or say 32 Baht. Boy have times changed......and how time flies. Seems just like yesterday!
I shouldnt really do it but now circa 40 bt to the quid i do tend to compare everything to pound sterling ..

Without thinking i bought a bag of 3 small bottles of organic 100% orange juice sold by the intersection walkers 3 for 100bt ..its delicious but then i thought thats 2 pound 50p , 80p for a 200 ml bottle :shock: :shock:

An English breakfast is 4 or 5 quid
Chang small can is a quid
A coffee house capu a quid

Basically you dont get much for 40bt nowadays

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 28, 2020, 2:22 pm

choi choi wrote:
May 28, 2020, 12:29 pm
Not to keep on asking, but can I get this right? those staying in Thailand with a "O" type Visa dont require a health insurance.But now seems EVERYONE needs the insurance to enter Thailand. "O"Visa or not!
I have cancelled my trip to UK but British Airways will only give a voucher for a later flight!
If I cant get back, I lose 720 quid!
Requirement to enter Thailand for any foreigner is/was for Covid insurance only

Visa requirement for Health insurance generally is/was for newly issued OA visa only

I think....!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 28, 2020, 2:45 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 28, 2020, 1:52 pm

Without thinking i bought a bag of 3 small bottles of organic 100% orange juice sold by the intersection walkers 3 for 100bt ..its delicious but then i thought thats 2 pound 50p , 80p for a 200 ml bottle :shock: :shock:
DM
Oranges are cheap but you’re paying for the 195g of refined sugar in each bottle ;)
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 28, 2020, 2:51 pm

Niggly wrote:
May 28, 2020, 2:45 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 28, 2020, 1:52 pm

DM
Oranges are cheap but you’re paying for the 195g of refined sugar in each bottle ;)
Dunno but tasted lovely .. im on a fruit and veg diet from now on .. too much bread rice etc .. might slip in an odd cheesecake now n then as a treat in fact going to papas soon to buy them all :lol: :lol: :lol:
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 28, 2020, 2:56 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 28, 2020, 2:51 pm
might slip in an odd cheesecake now n then as a treat in fact going to papas soon to buy them all :lol: :lol: :lol:
Too late \:D/
Snooze, you lose

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 28, 2020, 2:57 pm

choi choi wrote:
May 28, 2020, 12:29 pm
Not to keep on asking, but can I get this right? those staying in Thailand with a "O" type Visa dont require a health insurance.But now seems EVERYONE needs the insurance to enter Thailand. "O"Visa or not!
I have cancelled my trip to UK but British Airways will only give a voucher for a later flight!
If I cant get back, I lose 720 quid!
1. Non Imm O visa: My understanding is that those Farang's already in Thailand on a Non Imm "O" Type, visa do not need Medical Insurance cover, at this time, according to what I have read.

2. Non Imm O-A Visa: I might be wrong, but my understanding is that,
2A. For Farang's Outside of Thailand, wanting to get a Non-Imm O-A Visa: That is anyone who is wanting to apply (first time) for a Non Imm O-A type visa at a Thai Embassy in your Country of Residence, he will need to present with his Application to the Thai Embassy, evidence that he has Medical Insurance cover, for that proposed 12 month period, from one of the 13 Companies listed in the Link below.

https://longstay.tgia.org/

2B. For Farang's currently inside Thailand and on Non-Imm O-A Visa and now wanting to extend for another 12 Months: This is where it gets a bit unclear. My reading is that when the Farang does next go apply for his 12 month extension to his existing Non-Imm O-A Visa, he might (and I say might) be asked to provide proof of Medical Insurance cover from one of these 13 Companies, in order to get his next 12 month extension of his Non-Imm O-A Visa. As I say, this is just my understanding of how I believe it may work and if I am wrong, someone can correct me.

3. Farang's who are currently stuck outside of Thailand: For those Farang's who are currently stuck outside of Thailand and looking to return to Thailand in say 3 or 4 months’ time, (whether they be on an O type, O-A type or Retirement visa), I don’t think anyone knows for sure what the rules will be from the Thai Immigration or what type of Medical Insurance they might ask for (at the Airport Counter) if any, when the he borders re open for Farang’s. The question of what Medical Cover (if any) for returning Faring’s and or what other Thai Immigration restrictions might be imposed, is open to debate and yet to be clearly answered, by the Thai’s. It does however appear that Thai Immigration will be imposing some sort of restrictions on the returning Farang’s.

If was in Thailand at present (which I am not) on any visa type (O type, O-A type or Retirement), I would just be sitting it out and certainly not exiting Thailand the rules /restrictions for returning Farang's are made clear by the Thailand Immigration.

You just don't know what might drop out of the Thai tree, in the next 3 to 4 months

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 28, 2020, 3:07 pm

mech_401 wrote:
Papa’s cheeseburger pies are cheaper & lovingly created by an artisan rather than BK mass produced chain restaurant food.

Just thought I’d mention it, hope you don’t object :-"

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 28, 2020, 3:22 pm

An application for an extension (ie in Thailand) of an O-A visa, based on retirement, requires insurance.

For an extension based on marriage (even if previously based on retirement), insurance not required. SFG did this recently.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 28, 2020, 3:41 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 28, 2020, 3:22 pm
An application for an extension (ie in Thailand) of an O-A visa, based on retirement, requires insurance.

For an extension based on marriage (even if previously based on retirement), insurance not required. SFG did this recently.
Thanks, makes it more clear

pipoz4444

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » May 28, 2020, 5:00 pm

jackspratt wrote:

OK yes I understand that.But if go out the country,can you come back without that health insurance?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 28, 2020, 5:25 pm

At the moment, and until the COVID restrictions are eased/lifted, my understanding is that all non-Thais (with some exceptions) require US$100k insurance to enter Thailand, whether they have a visa, or are coming in visa exempt (eg tourists).

I am not sure how that fits in with the insurance required if you apply for a Retirement O-A visa while overseas.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 28, 2020, 5:30 pm

^ I may be wrong but I think the US$100k Covid-19 insurance requirement was rushed out solely as a deterrent in March and in lieu of the subsequent virtual 100% foreigner lockout and border closures. It also suggested that Covid-19 infection was something they could prevent in Thailand when once again reality dictated that every nation is now infected. The added deterrent back then was such insurance had a Catch 22 in that by knowingly traveling to a Covid-19 infected country, you would render such insurance, even if it were briefly available, null and void.

Hopefully, it won't be a feature of the new normal but may be included in the additional tax levied on the air ticket. That was being suggested as a way of funding an in-country insurance scheme to stop uninsured foreigners having accidents or getting sick and burdening the local health care system.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 28, 2020, 6:05 pm

choi choi wrote:
May 28, 2020, 5:00 pm
jackspratt wrote:

OK yes I understand that.But if go out the country,can you come back without that health insurance?
Hi choi choi, you would probably be better off asking an easier question, at time time, such as "When will the World End". The answer being - "You will never know until it happens"

In your case, a similar answer, being "You will never know until you leave and try to get back in" :-k :confused: :confused:

pipoz4444

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 28, 2020, 6:25 pm

tamada wrote:
May 28, 2020, 5:30 pm
^ Hopefully, it won't be a feature of the new normal but may be included in the additional tax levied on the air ticket. That was being suggested as a way of funding an in-country insurance scheme to stop uninsured foreigners having accidents or getting sick and burdening the local health care system.
From what I have read and inquired about, most can get Travel Insurance from a range of recognized Companies,for about US 3 to 5 per day, so for 14 day holiday it will cost around say USD $56 and for 30 days say US $120.

At 64, I can get Worldwide Travel Insurance (excl USA & Canada) for a 7 days holiday to Thailand for US $24.00, with USD 100,000 travel insurance cover, inclusive of capped sums for, legal fees, travel accident, loss of passport, loss of baggage and even hijak. So for a normal younger traveler its going to be less.

Why wouldn't Thailand and other Countries, those that they intend to trade Tourists with, simply establish a credible list of Global or even In Country Companies and then tell all their incoming and outgoing travelers that you front up at the Airport (when coming in or going out) with your Travel Insurance, from one of these International or In Country Companies for a minimum period of 14 Days Travel . i.e. spend a nominal US 56, extra when buying your ticket and leave it at that.

Better still, just leave a big glass Jar on the Immigration Officers Counter, saying "Please Donate for Whatever" and I will drop my $56 in and say have a "Sawadeekrup"

If you can't afford to buy Travel Insurance to where you are going, then you should be allowed to get on that Plane. [-X :-k

Please Donate.jpg
pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on October 22, 2020, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Re: Why would you want to return to Thailand

Post by BillaRickaDickay » October 21, 2020, 7:30 pm

It's all got a bit Silly now, more hoops to jump through, goalposts moved, I would definitely not return if it wasn't for my Ole Lady, Seriously looking at shipping her back to the UK and moving to Spain. I know where I'm not wanted.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » October 22, 2020, 12:26 pm

Because it's a relatively safe place to be during the pandemic.
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Why would you want to return to Thailand

Post by stattointhailand » October 22, 2020, 12:49 pm

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
October 21, 2020, 7:30 pm
It's all got a bit Silly now, more hoops to jump through, goalposts moved, I would definitely not return if it wasn't for my Ole Lady, Seriously looking at shipping her back to the UK and moving to Spain. I know where I'm not wanted.

silly question , but what's the difference between her in Thailand and you in UK, and her in UK and you in Spain (apart from a few hours flight time every time you visit her)? :lol:

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » October 22, 2020, 1:01 pm

mak wrote:
October 22, 2020, 12:26 pm
Because it's a relatively safe place to be during the pandemic.
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
Accurate stats depend on reliable data, certain countries withhold information for what ever reason. Many countries are not up to speed on Testing, if there's no testing how can Stats be accurate. Are the countries with closed borders just kicking the can down the road.
If you happened to be in Thailand when this all kicked off then for many life goes on as normal, for me with borders closed for the foreseeable future then the chance of return seems unlikely.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 22, 2020, 2:52 pm

Billa
You aint coming back Great Another one we dont have to worry about

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”