Sendiing Mail

General Udon Thani topics only!
aku
udonmap.com

Sendiing Mail

Post by aku » May 22, 2020, 4:16 pm

Just back from the post office.....tried to mail letter to America.....was told ....no have airplanes !!!

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Re: Sendiing Mail

Post by minimiglia » May 22, 2020, 4:57 pm

use dhl

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » May 22, 2020, 6:10 pm

Same here, I needed to sent absentee ballot for runoff election, 3 months minimum for boat. I don't vote in the runoff this time around. I hate DHL, rip off and anything sent here by them goes to customs and yes you will pay whether you should or not. If we don't have have airmail by Nov. I will sent ballot no matter how expensive, the orange fascist has to go and I don't care if he's running against a soi dog.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » May 22, 2020, 6:30 pm

My last mail from the states which usually takes a couple of weeks at most, this last time in Jan 2020, took about 6 or 7 weeks. Thought lost, but it did arrive. This lockdown is getting old real fast, I think, but "Stupid is as stupid does" as the saying goes. :roll:

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » May 22, 2020, 7:39 pm

As far as I know the only way to get anything back to the states via air is to use UPS (office in Nong Samrong) or the Thai P.O. which will connect with DHL or you can visit one of the 3 DHL offices here in town. I don't believe FEDEX serves this area.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » May 23, 2020, 1:12 pm

sgt wrote:
May 22, 2020, 6:10 pm
Same here, I needed to sent absentee ballot for runoff election, 3 months minimum for boat. I don't vote in the runoff this time around. I hate DHL, rip off and anything sent here by them goes to customs and yes you will pay whether you should or not. If we don't have have airmail by Nov. I will sent ballot no matter how expensive, the orange fascist has to go and I don't care if he's running against a soi dog.
https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/voting/

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » May 24, 2020, 10:21 am

USEMB says allow 4 weeks for delivery which sounds like it will go by surface (boat) mail.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 24, 2020, 11:14 am

sgt wrote:
May 22, 2020, 6:10 pm
There are no Customs charges on couriered documents, either here or in the US.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » May 24, 2020, 6:06 pm

Tam I've had pretty good luck with DHL bringing in some bicycle accessories etc without going through customs. i think the rule of thumb is that anything valued at over $25 US goes through Thai Customs and may or may not get taxed. As for the imbecile in the White House I couldn't agree with you more. He has to go and the sooner the better!!

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » May 25, 2020, 3:37 pm

as Sean Stone has said, "I Have No Problem with Donald Trump".

Not really any difference between him and Obama or Bush, except less Wars.

What Bush (3) Obama (7) and Trump (0) What's not to like?

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » May 25, 2020, 5:55 pm

Hey Mike if you got time, might want to listen/watch this point of view, then again maybe not, what you got to lose?

https://thewallwillfall.org/2020/05/24/ ... ssion=true

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 25, 2020, 7:09 pm

May be worth watching ....... but HTF is it relevant to "Sending Mail"?

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Sending and Receiving Mail

Post by tamada » June 15, 2020, 9:42 pm

On 2 June, Thailand Post revised their list of countries where mail services have been restored. This includes the US and UK. I have some important docs in transit from the US to the UK whereupon my sister will consolidate that with my UK mail drop to me here in Thailand. Typically, she uses regular Post Office International tracked which costs about 11 quid. We were planning using DHL since the UK wasn't on Thailand Post's last list but may revert back to the Post Office.

Therefore, I will be interested to hear from anyone who receives mail from the UK this month and how long it took.

Ta
tam

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 15, 2020, 10:05 pm

Bank (transaction confirmation) details sent from Manchester 11th May arrived on 13th June

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 15, 2020, 10:15 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 15, 2020, 10:05 pm
Bank (transaction confirmation) details sent from Manchester 11th May arrived on 13th June
Thanks statts. That was mailed when Thailand Post was still showing UK mail as restricted so maybe something getting posted in the UK towards the end of this month may be a bit quicker? The difference of 11 quid at the Post office versus 65 quid for DHL.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Re: Sending and Receiving Mail

Post by RLTrader » June 15, 2020, 10:16 pm

tamada wrote:
June 15, 2020, 9:42 pm
On 2 June, Thailand Post revised their list of countries where mail services have been restored. This includes the US and UK. I have some important docs in transit from the US to the UK whereupon my sister will consolidate that with my UK mail drop to me here in Thailand. Typically, she uses regular Post Office International tracked which costs about 11 quid. We were planning using DHL since the UK wasn't on Thailand Post's last list but may revert back to the Post Office.

Therefore, I will be interested to hear from anyone who receives mail from the UK this month and how long it took.

Ta
tam
What a Strange Link to post this Question

but

From my notify system am expecting mail from US
Will post if I get.

Before this whole LockDown BS thingee back in Jan, it took maybe 2+ months to receive mail I sent to myself here, but it did arrive. If I do get said mail, it requires sending back return. Think all of this depends on flights in & out of country. I expect problems

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » June 15, 2020, 10:31 pm

the link please. Thanks

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » June 16, 2020, 11:02 am

For what it is worth!
I attended the main post office yesterday with two letters for airmailing to the UK.
The lady in the 'convenience' drive through posting cubicle, confirmed airmail service to UK had been restored.
Cynical that I am, I then went upstairs and spoke to one of the Supervisors, who also confirmed that situation.
With some trepidation, I posted my letters!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 16, 2020, 11:18 am

mathusalah80 wrote:
June 16, 2020, 11:02 am
For what it is worth!
I attended the main post office yesterday with two letters for airmailing to the UK.
The lady in the 'convenience' drive through posting cubicle, confirmed airmail service to UK had been restored.
Cynical that I am, I then went upstairs and spoke to one of the Supervisors, who also confirmed that situation.
With some trepidation, I posted my letters!
Thanks for that. If you can update on when they are received, it will be our rough guide to postal 'normal'.

Ta
tam

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 16, 2020, 11:22 am

FWIW, USPS tracked international posted in Houston last Friday, left Chicago for the UK yesterday.

Parcelforce next...

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”