U.K. going on lockdown, USA stopping restricting movement. WTF

mech_401
udonmap.com

Re: U.K. going on lockdown, USA stopping restricting movement. WTF

Post by mech_401 » May 21, 2020, 8:16 am

you're seriously maladjusted mate that you obsess over this daily . believe me, yanks get it
we know it's bad. you're preoccupation is morbid

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 21, 2020, 8:20 am

What are the experts thinking the number of US deaths will be by October? If the American state governments and public don't make a big effort on social distancing, there might be 200,000 dead by then? And half a million within 5 years unless there's a half decent vaccine or President Biden gets the US federal government working properly again?

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 21, 2020, 8:29 am

Just watched some news ,80% of the deaths in Canada are in care homes . That's shocking . If this does turn out to be seasonal like the flu it won't be long before there are no old people left . People go on about 99.99%of people don't die , I wonder what the death rate is once your 70years old ?
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 21, 2020, 8:38 am

Dont worry GT the rates will come down
Reporting will stop

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 21, 2020, 8:45 am

GT93 wrote:
May 21, 2020, 8:20 am
What are the experts thinking the number of US deaths will be by October? If the American state governments and public don't make a big effort on social distancing, there might be 200,000 dead by then? And half a million within 5 years unless there's a half decent vaccine or President Biden gets the US federal government working properly again?
With President Trump already being tested daily, I think President Biden's hourly testing regimen won't allow him much time to get much of anything working properly again. It would be like wake up, test, go for a pee, test, breakfast, test, go for a pee, test, nap, test, go for a pee, test, etc., etc..

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 21, 2020, 8:59 am

papafarang wrote:
May 21, 2020, 8:29 am
Just watched some news ,80% of the deaths in Canada are in care homes . That's shocking . If this does turn out to be seasonal like the flu it won't be long before there are no old people left . People go on about 99.99%of people don't die , I wonder what the death rate is once your 70years old ?
I recall that early on, when this was being seen as mostly a Chinese problem, the expected higher mortality rates in the elderly were frequently stated by the WHO and parroted by just about every other nation's health ministry.

Frequent British newscasts showed family, friends and volunteers delivering food and medicines to the elderly in their homes, all safe and socially distanced. However, the increasing concerns of some of the public for older family members in hospitals didn't get the same traction. They were in care of the NHS after all so their best interests would always be paramount, no?

About the same time, the exhortation to be aware of the vulnerabilities of the older generation got less air play, was moved lower in the list of stated priorities or was casually forgotten to be even mentioned.

The UK's recently repealed initial lock down mantra of "Stay home. Protect the NHS. Save lives" took the middle bit so seriously, untested and/or asymptomatic old people were ejected from medical wards into care homes and hospices so that beds were available for (mostly younger) patients that either tested positive or victims that were actually infected.

The unstated fact of that edict is that for the UK anyway, the older citizens were always considered expendable and their not totally unexpected higher death rates just so much collateral damage.

saint
udonmap.com
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Post by saint » May 21, 2020, 9:06 am

tamada wrote:
May 21, 2020, 8:59 am
papafarang wrote:
I recall that early on, when this was being seen as mostly a Chinese problem, the expected higher mortality rates in the elderly were frequently stated by the WHO and parroted by just about every other nation's health ministry.

The UK's recently repealed initial lock down mantra of "Stay home. Protect the NHS. Save lives" took the middle bit so seriously, untested and/or asymptomatic old people were ejected from medical wards into care homes and hospices so that beds were available for (mostly younger) patients that either tested positive or victims that were actually infected.

The unstated fact of that edict is that the older citizens were expendable and their not totally unexpected deaths just so much collateral damage.
There will always be collateral damage in any war . Make no mistake , this is a war .

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 21, 2020, 9:49 am

papafarang wrote:
Around 1 in 3 or 4 as most have another risk factor.

But that is not of all infections (there is no data as nobody is testing enough) but infections that are serious enough to be tested and probably hospitalised.
5523D82C-1566-4EA2-A3EA-DAABA2733E68.jpeg
For a better breakdown see the numbers under

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... ographics/
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 22, 2020, 5:32 am

forgive me for interrupting your thesis professor
sometimewoodworker ,

are other countries trusted to be honest enough to
compensate for 1) those not tested 2) inaccurate
reporting

i mean c'mon, china 80k cases ? seriously now

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 23, 2020, 7:57 am

Yes, the Chinese numbers are dodgy but their tremendous fight back against Covid 19 appears legit. Very impressive indeed.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”