Open but no Alcohol

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
stevecg
udonmap.com

Open but no Alcohol

Post by stevecg » May 1, 2020, 7:09 pm

We will reopen Monday the 4th May 2020!
We will open from 10am until 9pm each day, the kitchen will close 8pm, there are strictly NO ALCOHOL SALES [-X and only two people may sit at a table. All patrons must wear a mask if they are not eating and an alcohol hand wash will be provided.

Takeaway food will be available, you may either order by phone, email your order or order it at the bar as usual, our contact details are below.

We are still offering a selection of frozen products to take away, you may pay by cash or QR code

Call - 0892765996 or 0862224552
Email - [email protected]
*items are subject to availability

saint
udonmap.com

Re: Open but no Alcohol

Post by saint » May 2, 2020, 4:20 am

Good for you Steve . I would imagine you will be busy , or as busy as the law allows , Well done .

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 2, 2020, 6:51 am

Oh well the SUN is shining a great restaurant re-opening albeit with sensible restrictions in place and the everyone can refill themselves from the excellent Menu available.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » May 2, 2020, 9:16 am

What will be open, does this restaurant have a NAME?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 2, 2020, 9:24 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
May 2, 2020, 9:16 am
What will be open, does this restaurant have a NAME?
The Tbar
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 22, 2020, 10:48 am

Despite all local eateries in main re-opening, it is surprising to me at least that most of the punters are still staying awy, it would appear the NO ALCOHOL is possibly stopping them.
This shows a very shallow base of patrons, loving the food but because for one hour or 90 mins in a day while eating unable to quaff alcohol, they avoid restaurants like the plague . This is a sad indictment of mainly the patrons who for their own reasons chose not to go to places just because they are unable to drink alcohol .
Let me gently remind you all, most of these places evolved serving moist of us with excellent food, and a good clean environment, plus excellent food , now we are all running the risk of losing some if we do not patronise these places .
And a great gnashing of teeth and moans and groans if some close forever, so to all I say, return and enjoy the food, no alcohol will not hurt you at all for a brief period in a day , give your livers chance …...lol

This applies to all restaurants I have seen over the last few days in and out of town.
Like your brain, use it or lose it, same for RESTAURANTS.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » May 22, 2020, 10:58 am

You bored? After reading this waffle I need a beer!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 22, 2020, 11:56 am

Khun Paul wrote:
May 22, 2020, 10:48 am
Despite all local eateries in main re-opening, it is surprising to me at least that most of the punters are still staying awy, it would appear the NO ALCOHOL is possibly stopping them.
This shows a very shallow base of patrons, loving the food but because for one hour or 90 mins in a day while eating unable to quaff alcohol, they avoid restaurants like the plague . This is a sad indictment of mainly the patrons who for their own reasons chose not to go to places just because they are unable to drink alcohol .
Let me gently remind you all, most of these places evolved serving moist of us with excellent food, and a good clean environment, plus excellent food , now we are all running the risk of losing some if we do not patronise these places .
And a great gnashing of teeth and moans and groans if some close forever, so to all I say, return and enjoy the food, no alcohol will not hurt you at all for a brief period in a day , give your livers chance …...lol

This applies to all restaurants I have seen over the last few days in and out of town.
IMO you are paying too much emphasis on booze not being available for patrons staying away ... many will not give a hoot that theres no booze and are not going out for many reasons other than Alcohol.

Not 100% keen on mixing with others yet
Some dislike the social distancing and mask wearing regs in places
No money after paying essential bills so buy at market and cook at home
Discovered grab etc and used to ordering a home delivery
Stinking hot weather.

I think its pretty much certain that some places wont survive this and not re open at all or re open briefly and give it up after a short period of slow trade due to low dining numbers if the SD persists.

Still many being terribly affected like airline and hotel staff

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 22, 2020, 1:02 pm

At least 2 farang bars I know of were already considering their options before the virus, this might prove to be the icing on the cake, they were already complaining that business was too slow to make staying open viable, things will be much worse now.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 22, 2020, 1:40 pm

vincemunday wrote:
May 22, 2020, 1:02 pm
At least 2 farang bars I know of were already considering their options before the virus, this might prove to be the icing on the cake, they were already complaining that business was too slow to make staying open viable, things will be much worse now.
Nail in the coffin .. Vince .. your icing on the cake is more suited to a rosey happy outcome of which this most certainly will not be.

So far 2 of our wholesale customers in Isan have confirmed they are not re opening .. thankfully they only buy bottled products off us so no draft equipment to sort out... as yet in Udon not heard of any venues calling it a day ..YET

dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 22, 2020, 3:05 pm

The old Harry’s Handlebar restaurant is now open. The nice bright orange place in Soi Sampan.
Name changed, new owner, revamped seating arrangement, slightly different menu, brand new espresso coffee machine, quite a number of new TV’s being installed today ready for the Aussie NRL start next Thursday.
Opens at 7.30 for the early breakfast starters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 22, 2020, 5:09 pm

aussie NRL and no beer ............ novelty value at least

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 22, 2020, 5:34 pm

"nice bright orange place"... cool name for a new pub restaurant.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 23, 2020, 11:01 am

stattointhailand wrote:aussie NRL and no beer ............ novelty value at least
Statts come on down on Thursday, most can adapt to watch sport without beer and you can watch the EPL after the NRL games .........oh wait, sorry those girls can’t come out to play. Maybe next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Airportwo
udonmap.com

Post by Airportwo » June 9, 2020, 11:28 am

Khun Paul wrote:
May 22, 2020, 10:48 am
Bored, temperance meeting not happening today?

Few - if any restaurants would be open in Udon if they didn't sell alcohol, not enough profit in food to warrant staying open, if they increased their food prices the "Baht watchers" would be complaining!
Personally I would rather eat at home than have to adhere to the ridiculous "new-norm" social engineering restrictions!

Anyone know if Gallery has opened it's doors again?

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 9, 2020, 1:36 pm

airportwo
Just drove by the Gallery

Looks closed

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 9, 2020, 1:44 pm

Just chatted with Kevin, Le Gallery not open yet, he will reopen when he comes back from holiday.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » June 10, 2020, 5:33 am

I was in Town last week (friday) paid a visit to the OP bar restaurant , quite busy ,food as usual excellent quality , it would appear the lack of booze is not affecting those customers ,

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 10, 2020, 4:40 pm

According to the latest news the Tbar may well be serving alcohol too! Phase 4 will be implemented soon and as Tbar is a registered restaurant they will be included in the next tranche of relaxed laws.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/202 ... n-phase-4/

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 10, 2020, 9:12 pm

Hoopoe wrote:
June 10, 2020, 5:33 am
I was in Town last week (friday) paid a visit to the OP bar restaurant , quite busy ,food as usual excellent quality , it would appear the lack of booze is not affecting those customers ,

I don’t often eat English food, we eat out a lot and thus it’s usually Thai food (excluding KFC), but when I do fancy food from home I go to Steve’s Tbar, his liver and bacon is absolutely the best and in my opinion he serves the best fried breakfast and Sunday lunch too.

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”