udonmap.com

Re: Border and bar closings

Post by Whistler » May 19, 2020, 9:02 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 19, 2020, 8:59 pm
tamada wrote:
May 19, 2020, 8:36 pm
OK, that's my cock wave.
You got it wrong, tam ........ it's not about swinging dicks, it's about recognizing genius. 8)
not on this site Jack, you will look forever and have a better chance of finding a penguin getting a suntan in Samui.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 19, 2020, 9:07 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 19, 2020, 9:02 pm
jackspratt wrote:
tamada wrote:
OK, that's my cock wave.
You got it wrong, tam ........ it's not about swinging dicks, it's about recognizing genius. 8)
not on this site Jack, you will look forever and have a better chance of finding a penguin getting a suntan in Samui.
And whistler could probably sell you one at a discount

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 19, 2020, 9:09 pm

jackspratt wrote:
tamada wrote:
OK, that's my cock wave.
Right on cue Jack ...thanks for bringing me back into my thread ....

Monitoring the worlds greatest intersection takes genius , nerves of steel and at least 6 cans of Sivilai to perfect.

Still busy as it has been most of the day ..

DM ... AKA bronzed penguin
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 19, 2020, 9:10 pm

tamada wrote:
I remember when my corporate VISA credit card was good for approving 500 bucks on employees expenses, 2000 bucks on capital acquisitions, 5000 bucks on business class air travel and 1,000,000 bucks on ships bunkers. My biggest personal sign off on the card was about 3 grand in the champagne room at Treasures.

OK, that's my cock wave.
I never had a corporate card, I don't think they trusted me, its quite horrendous to think I used to spend more on expenses each month than I spend full stop now.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 19, 2020, 9:15 pm

dunroaming wrote:
May 19, 2020, 9:07 pm
Whistler wrote:
May 19, 2020, 9:02 pm
jackspratt wrote:
tamada wrote:
OK, that's my cock wave.
And whistler could probably sell you one at a discount
Burnt penguins taste like nonsense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrqW_BZu5Xk
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 20, 2020, 10:59 pm

i think we could have our own game show " the
apprentice" . with whistler subbing for donald and
the rest of us as naive babes for him to toy with
he's so strong , and powerful

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 21, 2020, 2:13 am

circa 2am ... DM up n about for a cuppa tea n empty the bag .. just been out to check the current cross winds and road surface temperature and can confirm my intersection is both hot and being violated , a dozen or so vehicles in approx 15 mins none of which were chiller trucks etc but jo public picks n saloons. Pretty obvious from my stake out point the curfew for many is just a joke.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 21, 2020, 4:03 am

seen some bars on fringe open last night , a
few gyms , fitness places also. restrictions in place? looks to be different at every venue krap

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 21, 2020, 7:13 am

As long as it is the local population breaking the curfew, why worry , with the Governmental Talk about extending the Emergency decre34e until the end of June and the Military willing to make sure it is enacted correctly, I think foreigners should avoid testing the water in breaking Curfew . Wais and a small fine will not be an option.

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » May 21, 2020, 7:37 am

Excellent Fish and Chips enjoyed at the T-Bar yesterday, lack of alcohol took nothing away from the enjoyment of the meal! Steve, as per usual was in fine form trying out his culinary skills in the kitchen producing Pork Pies! Crumpets now also available. Good to know some things don't change during these extraordinary and difficult times.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 21, 2020, 8:39 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 21, 2020, 2:13 am
circa 2am ... DM up n about for a cuppa tea n empty the bag .. just been out to check the current cross winds and road surface temperature and can confirm my intersection is both hot and being violated , a dozen or so vehicles in approx 15 mins none of which were chiller trucks etc but jo public picks n saloons. Pretty obvious from my stake out point the curfew for many is just a joke.
Pretty obvious from my stake out point that posting subject matter under the correct forum headings for many is just a joke.

Climbing (again).

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 21, 2020, 12:42 pm

tamada wrote:
May 21, 2020, 8:39 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
Pretty obvious from my stake out point that posting subject matter under the correct forum headings for many is just a joke.

Climbing (again).
Come down mate yer too high .. All my intersection reports have been on this thread Tam you just noticed ?? or still not copus mentus n just a tad hungover from yesterday n your turn in the barrel.

Just back from an essential trip into town , Toyota opposite Big C .. coupe of things i saw getting there .. lots of BIB out at numerous locations stopping vehicles n motorcycles and a brand new white n grey Rolls Royce on the back of a low loader nice big red bow on it ...some ones getting a nice suprize ??

Both Toyota and the pharmacy near Ban Huay market have plastic screens up at their point of sales but very few wearing masks hand cleaning and no social distancing be practiced from what i saw.

Very busy traffic worst spot was the ring road traffic lights near Global house backed up to past Home pro.

Very pleasant weather but still a bit too hot for me. (sorry wrong thread)

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 21, 2020, 1:39 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 21, 2020, 12:42 pm
tamada wrote:
May 21, 2020, 8:39 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Climbing (again).
Come down mate yer too high .. All my intersection reports have been on this thread Tam you just noticed ?? or still not copus mentus n just a tad hungover from yesterday n your turn in the barrel.

Just back from an essential trip into town , Toyota opposite Big C .. coupe of things i saw getting there .. lots of BIB out at numerous locations stopping vehicles n motorcycles and a brand new white n grey Rolls Royce on the back of a low loader nice big red bow on it ...some ones getting a nice suprize ??

Both Toyota and the pharmacy near Ban Huay market have plastic screens up at their point of sales but very few wearing masks hand cleaning and no social distancing be practiced from what i saw.

Very busy traffic worst spot was the ring road traffic lights near Global house backed up to past Home pro.

Very pleasant weather but still a bit too hot for me. (sorry wrong thread)

DM
'twas a bit of a bender TBH with mine hosts excellent fried chook for snacks and all parties switching to shorts before song thoom. I was back home and posting absolute nonsense on these pages well before the old curfew time. We completely missed the barrel which had been specially cleaned out for your promised arrival. However, your absence (again) was noted (again).

Actually, your non-essential curfew breaking t-junction posts have been all over the forum like some mad Scunnywoman's bizniz. Finding them was half the fun.

Nice to see you getting out and about a bit more than the ritual 2 a.m. piss (and moan) and reporting on your new discoveries around the metrolopuss that aren't all that new to everyone else such as busy GH traffic lights, cops, masks, etc., etc..

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 22, 2020, 8:20 am

Tammy ... Tiz my opinion most of everyone in seeing is assuming C19 is beat , done n dusted .. so yes i am venturing out more at the sacrifice of my much loved essential intersection reports .. in fact yesterday had a very long walk (by my standards) about 4km and just heading off now from my office walking into town to get a 60bt haircut , check out a new Vespa motorbike and walk back , im estimating a good 6 to 7 kms ..

Dm struggling with the diet .. Sivilai n Lincolnshire sausage butties hard to shake off so decided to go the exercise route first... then a gradual diet change.

See you later xx

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 22, 2020, 9:43 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 22, 2020, 8:20 am
Tammy ... Tiz my opinion most of everyone in seeing is assuming C19 is beat , done n dusted .. so yes i am venturing out more at the sacrifice of my much loved essential intersection reports .. in fact yesterday had a very long walk (by my standards) about 4km and just heading off now from my office walking into town to get a 60bt haircut , check out a new Vespa motorbike and walk back , im estimating a good 6 to 7 kms ..

Dm struggling with the diet .. Sivilai n Lincolnshire sausage butties hard to shake off so decided to go the exercise route first... then a gradual diet change.

See you later xx

DM
Walking is good DM but living out their beside an essentially empty t-junction, you would have to start real early to beat this heat on your longer treks. Have you got a push bike? I have cycled the entire ring-road a few times and that is a great way to see what's really happening roadside while getting a good doze of carbon monoxide poisoning. I also strap it on the back of the pickup when it's going in for a service so I can have a pedal about while they do the needful. I actually initiated this practice while living on the dark side of Pattaya and there was at least 3 air-conditioned gentlemen's clubs within a 10 minute ride so everyone got their oil changed or, depending on how fast Ford was, a least a decent lube job. But I digress...

Talking of bronzed Isaan stunners, I have dropped off both Mrs tam's and my bike for their annual MOT. Mrs tam just got some hot-looking, new spandexy things on lazada and wants to take these cool, early morning bike rides with me. No worries, tam doesn't do the spandexy stuff so you won't be seeing any of my side boob. But I may be following rather than leading her on these early morning runs. Just to make sure no dogs run up behind her you understand.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 22, 2020, 11:42 am

tamada wrote:
May 22, 2020, 9:43 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 22, 2020, 8:20 am

See you later xx

DM
Walking is good DM but living out their beside an essentially empty t-junction, you would have to start real early to beat this heat on your longer treks. Have you got a push bike? I have cycled the entire ring-road a few times and that is a great way to see what's really happening roadside while getting a good doze of carbon monoxide poisoning. I also strap it on the back of the pickup when it's going in for a service so I can have a pedal about while they do the needful. I actually initiated this practice while living on the dark side of Pattaya and there was at least 3 air-conditioned gentlemen's clubs within a 10 minute ride so everyone got their oil changed or, depending on how fast Ford was, a least a decent lube job. But I digress...

Talking of bronzed Isaan stunners, I have dropped off both Mrs tam's and my bike for their annual MOT. Mrs tam just got some hot-looking, new spandexy things on lazada and wants to take these cool, early morning bike rides with me. No worries, tam doesn't do the spandexy stuff so you won't be seeing any of my side boob. But I may be following rather than leading her on these early morning runs. Just to make sure no dogs run up behind her you understand.
Returned safe n well .. turned out to be longer than thought and circa 10 -12 kms as went all way into town . Considered biking but lets get walking mastered first. Noticed loads of little shops and streets tucked away stuff you just dont see whenst in a truck

The thought of you in in a spandex all in one or leotard is enough to make a soi dog run for cover .. following allows for a better view of things Tam wise move.

Shower n rest my weary legs .. gagging for a Chang .

DM

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 23, 2020, 7:05 am

Sorry to interrupt you two bickering .
Can anyone on this forum tell me the present situation regarding inter provincial travel .
Im getting itchy feet , and its not chilblains , so would like to take a little road trip for a few days .
Is this possible without jumping through hoops , or are we still locked into Udon only .

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 23, 2020, 10:58 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 22, 2020, 11:42 am

Returned safe n well .. turned out to be longer than thought and circa 10 -12 kms as went all way into town . Considered biking but lets get walking mastered first.

DM
In a week or twos time when you feel confident enough to jog a couple of laps of Nong Prajak don't wear a face mask.
A chap in China tried running 6km with a face mask on and suffered a collapsed lung through difficulty in breathing properly in the mask.
I was at Nong Prajak earlier in the week and saw joggers wearing masks... how do they do it... it's difficult enough walking around Tesco's with a mask on.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 23, 2020, 11:14 am

Zidane wrote:
May 23, 2020, 10:58 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 22, 2020, 11:42 am

Returned safe n well .. turned out to be longer than thought and circa 10 -12 kms as went all way into town . Considered biking but lets get walking mastered first.

DM
In a week or twos time when you feel confident enough to jog a couple of laps of Nong Prajak don't wear a face mask.
A chap in China tried running 6km with a face mask on and suffered a collapsed lung through difficulty in breathing properly in the mask.
I was at Nong Prajak earlier in the week and saw joggers wearing masks... how do they do it... it's difficult enough walking around Tesco's with a mask on.
Joggin .. OMG .. im ok walking at moment Zid , just getting the best time of day as anything after 8am its too hot until the evening ... along with my aching legs was a crispy swede as i forgot my hat n was cloudy when i set off ..mistake !!

Just to get out the office as all ive been doing is quaffing beers n snacks whist monitoring the baking intersection out front.

Le Blanc cafe on the ring rd this morning excellent coffee and a superb BLT .. 140 bt

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 24, 2020, 7:25 am

Is today Sunday ..??? if so why so much traffic ?? its very busy early at a rather dull n damp RR/AP gateway to Udon.

Brownie the duck noodle dog has just been for her morning snack at my office and Whitey the albino squirrel razzing along the power lines ..no sign of the cow last few days.

DMs good deed ov the day done gave all my empty plastic bottles to the old bin dipper couple who ply their trade in the area.

Noticed some people wearing jackets whilst im poncing around in my boxers thinking how jolly super cool it is. Great weather for walking so a stroll into town for an early lunch sounds good, will i get a beer with it is another question ?

A few more orders for booze have come in so maybe just the hint of a very slow start back to .. "the new normal".

DM

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”