crawling under each others skin

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: crawling under each others skin

Post by vincemunday » May 21, 2020, 11:48 am

glalt wrote:
May 21, 2020, 9:52 am
I see it as the pot stirrers grouping together and cheering each other on. They have managed to stifle the majority. That's a shame but the silent majority has done the correct thing by ignoring the small group of morons and their leader.
Glalt perhaps you don't understand what a forum is for but in the main they are for debate. As such, it's very unlikely you will have any topic (including this one) where people agree with everything the others do and quite rightly so, we are blessed to be in an era where we are allowed to have an opinion and defend it accordingly, some might think these defences are a bit robust at times but so what? That's what debate is about isn't it? If you're truly unhappy with what you're reading the solution is quite simple, don't read it.

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 21, 2020, 11:55 am

we understand vince. it's the brit pasttime to spend most of day talking bollox. why the empire
crumbled. everyone else sees it as a collossal
waste of time & energy. not to mention, studies
have shown it makes testicles shrink. ergo brit men

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 21, 2020, 11:59 am

Just to add... when it gets personal as it has been recently between myself and another member I agree with you completely, opinions on a topic are one thing but personal attacks are something completely different, I agree that shouldn't happen and I apologise if that's upset anyone.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 21, 2020, 12:14 pm

vincemunday wrote:
May 21, 2020, 11:59 am
Just to add... when it gets personal as it has been recently between myself and another member I agree with you completely, opinions on a topic are one thing but personal attacks are something completely different, I agree that shouldn't happen and I apologise if that's upset anyone.
again , it's always a brit thing. enjoy a little good-natured ribbing but it quickly escalates to hard
talk , veiled threats and drunken challenges to box

crossing the line with content, making references to others family,friends or just plain telling mean fibs

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 21, 2020, 3:49 pm

vincemunday wrote:
May 21, 2020, 11:48 am
glalt wrote:
I see it as the pot stirrers grouping together and cheering each other on. They have managed to stifle the majority. That's a shame but the silent majority has done the correct thing by ignoring the small group of morons and their leader.
Glalt perhaps you don't understand what a forum is for but in the main they are for debate. As such, it's very unlikely you will have any topic (including this one) where people agree with everything the others do and quite rightly so, we are blessed to be in an era where we are allowed to have an opinion and defend it accordingly, some might think these defences are a bit robust at times but so what? That's what debate is about isn't it? If you're truly unhappy with what you're reading the solution is quite simple, don't read it.
Having a different opinion is different than spewing hatred.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 21, 2020, 4:26 pm

A "brit-thing"?

Hahahaha

LoneStar where are you?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 21, 2020, 5:27 pm

A "brit thing"? Giggle where are you? :lol:
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 21, 2020, 6:36 pm

glalt wrote:
May 21, 2020, 3:49 pm
vincemunday wrote:
May 21, 2020, 11:48 am
glalt wrote:
Having a different opinion is different than spewing hatred.
One man's "spewing hatred" is another man's "idle banter."

It is all about perception really. I only recall one member seriously wanting to do a number on me a few years back when some of my totally innocuous "idle banter" struck his homophobic nerve.

Must have been an Aussie thing.

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » May 21, 2020, 6:45 pm

mech_401 wrote:
May 21, 2020, 11:55 am
we understand vince. it's the brit pasttime to spend most of day talking bollox. why the empire
crumbled. everyone else sees it as a collossal
waste of time & energy. not to mention, studies
have shown it makes testicles shrink. ergo brit men
C'mon Cap'n Ahab, enough of the deliberate bad spelling and grammar.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 21, 2020, 11:29 pm

remarkably good actually , considering i only get
one shot at it with no chance of making corrections. how's the little marble-bag sateeb ?

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 21, 2020, 11:35 pm

GT93 wrote:
May 21, 2020, 5:27 pm
i've got giggle on speed-dial . having (2) of us is
obviously unfair to the odd dozen or so of you.
maybe he can be a guest poster for next week

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 22, 2020, 6:30 am

mech_401 wrote:
May 21, 2020, 11:35 pm
GT93 wrote:
May 21, 2020, 5:27 pm
i've got giggle on speed-dial . having (2) of us is
obviously unfair to the odd dozen or so of you.
maybe he can be a guest poster for next week
That's good but giggle doesn't have a phone, as a mech you must be used to crawling underthings. Now please go back under the toadstool you came from like a good old boy

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 22, 2020, 7:40 am

Don't forget to look in the mirror mech.

We've been making a solid effort to bump along RBM's great thread since you've ceased so splendidly doing that.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » May 25, 2020, 12:08 pm

As people say rudeness and arguments have always been on here when people have different opinions but usually is a bit of fun but the last few years the rudeness has turned to obscenity for reasons i cannot understand and /or why they are allowed to do it . Forcing a lot of funny witty people off the forum or stopping them posting for thinking outside the herd.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 25, 2020, 2:39 pm

TBH, I didn't realize that UM forum was a stand-up comedy gig but some people do like Jimmy Carr while others prefer Eddie Izzard.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 25, 2020, 11:39 pm

dragonz wrote:
May 25, 2020, 12:08 pm
As people say rudeness and arguments have always been on here when people have different opinions but usually is a bit of fun but the last few years the rudeness has turned to obscenity for reasons i cannot understand and /or why they are allowed to do it . Forcing a lot of funny witty people off the forum or stopping them posting for thinking outside the herd.
i could not have written a better analysis and suspect the silent majority feels same way . 7-8
bullies blowing hot-air all day ( often false info)
and if anyone dares to refute/ challenge their
assertions. they light-up mods inbox like pinball
machine with complaints of unfair tactics

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 26, 2020, 4:47 pm

Perhaps you might be able to go further and identify the 7 to 8 posters. Then they could reflect on whether there is any validity in your opinion. It might help things improve. :-k

Please note some might be a bit miffed not to make your list of colourful characters.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » May 28, 2020, 11:26 am

mech_401 wrote:
May 25, 2020, 11:39 pm
dragonz wrote:
May 25, 2020, 12:08 pm
i could not have written a better analysis and suspect the silent majority feels same way . 7-8 bullies blowing hot-air all day ( often false info) and if anyone dares to refute/ challenge their assertions. they light-up mods inbox like pinball machine with complaints of unfair tactics
yes and just reading this thread you can see a lot of the abusers are on here as they know they are the ones being discussed.

I posted last week and i was called ignorant, stupid, a fool, racist and accused of haveing alzheimers disease.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 28, 2020, 1:04 pm

^ What? Nobody bailed you up on your spelling and grammar? Count yourself lucky.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 28, 2020, 1:34 pm

Yes, indeed.

mech? I'm waiting. tamada might get a bit upset if he misses the 8 and DM gets there.

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”