U.K. going on lockdown, USA stopping restricting movement. WTF

mech_401
udonmap.com

Re: U.K. going on lockdown, USA stopping restricting movement. WTF

Post by mech_401 » May 21, 2020, 8:16 am

you're seriously maladjusted mate that you obsess over this daily . believe me, yanks get it
we know it's bad. you're preoccupation is morbid

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 21, 2020, 8:20 am

What are the experts thinking the number of US deaths will be by October? If the American state governments and public don't make a big effort on social distancing, there might be 200,000 dead by then? And half a million within 5 years unless there's a half decent vaccine or President Biden gets the US federal government working properly again?
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 21, 2020, 8:29 am

Just watched some news ,80% of the deaths in Canada are in care homes . That's shocking . If this does turn out to be seasonal like the flu it won't be long before there are no old people left . People go on about 99.99%of people don't die , I wonder what the death rate is once your 70years old ?
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 21, 2020, 8:38 am

Dont worry GT the rates will come down
Reporting will stop

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 21, 2020, 8:45 am

GT93 wrote:
May 21, 2020, 8:20 am
What are the experts thinking the number of US deaths will be by October? If the American state governments and public don't make a big effort on social distancing, there might be 200,000 dead by then? And half a million within 5 years unless there's a half decent vaccine or President Biden gets the US federal government working properly again?
With President Trump already being tested daily, I think President Biden's hourly testing regimen won't allow him much time to get much of anything working properly again. It would be like wake up, test, go for a pee, test, breakfast, test, go for a pee, test, nap, test, go for a pee, test, etc., etc..

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 21, 2020, 8:59 am

papafarang wrote:
May 21, 2020, 8:29 am
Just watched some news ,80% of the deaths in Canada are in care homes . That's shocking . If this does turn out to be seasonal like the flu it won't be long before there are no old people left . People go on about 99.99%of people don't die , I wonder what the death rate is once your 70years old ?
I recall that early on, when this was being seen as mostly a Chinese problem, the expected higher mortality rates in the elderly were frequently stated by the WHO and parroted by just about every other nation's health ministry.

Frequent British newscasts showed family, friends and volunteers delivering food and medicines to the elderly in their homes, all safe and socially distanced. However, the increasing concerns of some of the public for older family members in hospitals didn't get the same traction. They were in care of the NHS after all so their best interests would always be paramount, no?

About the same time, the exhortation to be aware of the vulnerabilities of the older generation got less air play, was moved lower in the list of stated priorities or was casually forgotten to be even mentioned.

The UK's recently repealed initial lock down mantra of "Stay home. Protect the NHS. Save lives" took the middle bit so seriously, untested and/or asymptomatic old people were ejected from medical wards into care homes and hospices so that beds were available for (mostly younger) patients that either tested positive or victims that were actually infected.

The unstated fact of that edict is that for the UK anyway, the older citizens were always considered expendable and their not totally unexpected higher death rates just so much collateral damage.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 21, 2020, 9:06 am

tamada wrote:
May 21, 2020, 8:59 am
papafarang wrote:
I recall that early on, when this was being seen as mostly a Chinese problem, the expected higher mortality rates in the elderly were frequently stated by the WHO and parroted by just about every other nation's health ministry.

The UK's recently repealed initial lock down mantra of "Stay home. Protect the NHS. Save lives" took the middle bit so seriously, untested and/or asymptomatic old people were ejected from medical wards into care homes and hospices so that beds were available for (mostly younger) patients that either tested positive or victims that were actually infected.

The unstated fact of that edict is that the older citizens were expendable and their not totally unexpected deaths just so much collateral damage.
There will always be collateral damage in any war . Make no mistake , this is a war .

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 21, 2020, 9:49 am

papafarang wrote:
Around 1 in 3 or 4 as most have another risk factor.

But that is not of all infections (there is no data as nobody is testing enough) but infections that are serious enough to be tested and probably hospitalised.
5523D82C-1566-4EA2-A3EA-DAABA2733E68.jpeg
For a better breakdown see the numbers under

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... ographics/
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 22, 2020, 5:32 am

forgive me for interrupting your thesis professor
sometimewoodworker ,

are other countries trusted to be honest enough to
compensate for 1) those not tested 2) inaccurate
reporting

i mean c'mon, china 80k cases ? seriously now

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 23, 2020, 7:57 am

Yes, the Chinese numbers are dodgy but their tremendous fight back against Covid 19 appears legit. Very impressive indeed.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 29, 2020, 6:45 pm

With the Uk ready to send the kids back into the schools because "they do not catch or spread the virus" to the same extent as others, it's interesting to note that over 930 under 10's have just tested positive in one province in Pakistan with many requiring hospital treatment

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 29, 2020, 7:09 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 29, 2020, 6:45 pm
With the Uk ready to send the kids back into the schools because "they do not catch or spread the virus" to the same extent as others, it's interesting to note that over 930 under 10's have just tested positive in one province in Pakistan with many requiring hospital treatment
While this is regrettable, statistics show the young aren't dying, I suspect as per the stats most if not all will recover.
I have attached the article in question, there are some interesting notes about the living conditions that I hope are not shared in the UK.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/05/ ... 29494.html

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 29, 2020, 7:25 pm

But (like in the NHS) a considerable number of the teachers that will be in contact with the kids are either Bame or elderly and even if the kids dont get very sick they still catch & spread CV at the same rate

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 2, 2020, 1:43 pm

US daily numbers (106,514) do not add up to the US total numbers (106,925)
0FD1E920-E6C1-485B-98FE-D337EA89AFCF.jpeg
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 3, 2020, 4:24 pm

RLTrader wrote:
April 21, 2020, 3:57 pm
REVEALED: UK Ministers Knew Crisis Had Peaked Before Lockdown, But Panicked Anyway, since then, a number of eminent experts have emerged who are also saying the same thing we were over the duration of this crisis.

According to Heneghan’s analysis, draconian measures were not necessary, as the data clearly showed how infection rates had already halved after March 16th, already a fait accompli. The Oxford professor also explains how government experts have been ‘consistently wrong’ throughout the crisis, and even revealed how UK ministers descended into panic, and appeared to have ‘lost sight of the evidence’ – as they rushed the country into a full national quarantine even though they had access to, and were being briefed with, accurate data which showed the crisis had already peaked.

“The UK Government keeps saying it is using the best science … But it appears to be losing sight of what’s actually going on. We’ve been getting scientific advice that is consistently wrong,” said Heneghan.

“It has failed to look at all the data and understand when the peak of infections actually occurred.”

“Fifty per cent reductions in infections occurred on March 16, right when hand washing and social distancing was introduced.”

“If you go look at what’s happening in Sweden, they are holding their nerve and they haven’t had doomsday scenario. Our Government has got it completely the wrong way around.”

According one of Sweden’s leading epidemiologists, Professor Johan Giesecke, Sweden is close to achieving natural herd immunity.

=D>
Update today

Man behind Sweden's controversial virus strategy admits mistakes
By Bloomberg
Sweden's top epidemiologist has admitted his strategy to fight COVID-19 resulted in too many deaths, after persuading his country to avoid a strict lockdown.

"If we were to encounter the same illness with the same knowledge that we have today, I think our response would land somewhere in between what Sweden did and what the rest of the world has done," Anders Tegnell said in an interview with Swedish Radio.

Sweden's Prime Minister Stefan Lofvven says “the only way to manage this crisis is to face it as a society, with everyone taking responsibility for themselves".
Sweden's Prime Minister Stefan Lofvven says “the only way to manage this crisis is to face it as a society, with everyone taking responsibility for themselves".CREDIT:AP

Tegnell is the brains behind Sweden's controversial approach to fighting the virus, and the government of Stefan Lofven has deferred to the epidemiologist in its official response to the pandemic. Gatherings of more than 50 people continue to be banned, but throughout the crisis, Swedes have been able to visit restaurants, go shopping, attend gyms and send children under 16 to school.

The laxer approach to containing the virus has drawn both praise and indignation from across the globe. What is beyond debate, however, is the effect the strategy has had on the country's death toll.

At 43 deaths per 100,000, Sweden's death rate is among the highest globally and far exceeds that of neighbouring Denmark and Norway, which imposed much tougher lockdowns at the outset of the pandemic.

Now, Tegnell has for the first time admitted publicly that the strategy is resulting in too many deaths. "Clearly, there is potential for improvement in what we have done in Sweden," he said.

Despite criticism from abroad, Tegnell's strategy enjoyed widespread support in Sweden.

But with many other European Union countries now rolling back their lockdowns after appearing to bring COVID-19 under control, there are signs that Sweden may be left behind. That includes the freedom of movement of its citizens, as some EU countries restrict access to people coming from what are deemed high-risk COVID zones.

On Monday, Lofven promised there'd be an inquiry into the handling of the crisis before the summer.

Completely blows you opposition to lockdowns apart RLT
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 3, 2020, 4:38 pm

Whistler wrote:
June 3, 2020, 4:24 pm
Completely blows you opposition to lockdowns apart
It does at present, but this issue is far from resolved.
Sweden now has total community exposure.

Lets see how things are after all other countries open up to, yet, uninfected people.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 3, 2020, 5:02 pm

Sweden has tested 210,022 of its 10.8 million citizens.

How do you claim immunity or exposure (itself disputed) when only a fraction of the country has been tested?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 3, 2020, 5:09 pm

Whistler,
Here you go again twisting the story.
Please show me where I said "Immunity"?

The community has been totally exposed to it all along.
That's how I claim exposure.

No-one was locked away.

Is there a brain in your head?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 3, 2020, 5:21 pm

I did notice your subtle shift in terminology Mick, a quite blatant shift from your previous herd immunity BS. It wont wash. You have no basis of saying there has been total community exposure. Many, who did not agree with the approach taken, self isolated.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 3, 2020, 5:24 pm

Whistler wrote:
June 3, 2020, 5:21 pm
a quite blatant shift from your previous herd immunity BS.
Please provide evidence of this

This is fabricated bull shYt from you

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”