UK News

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
RLTrader
udonmap.com

UK News

Post by RLTrader » May 19, 2020, 2:24 pm

Got a good one for you Fascists, um I mean Scot’s
a little long on tooth, but for you’ll, I watched and can tell you to just skip towards the end. (42?) :-o

OOPS seems to be starting to rain here, heading for cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo
Last edited by RLTrader on May 20, 2020, 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Re: UK News

Post by Sateeb » May 19, 2020, 3:49 pm

Don't mean to be rude but what are you on about?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 20, 2020, 2:29 am

Did you miss a link RL Trader? Is it pointing the finger at the Scots?

Good heavens man. Why would you want to do that?
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » May 20, 2020, 9:13 am

GT93 wrote:
May 20, 2020, 2:29 am
Did you miss a link RL Trader? Is it pointing the finger at the Scots?
Not really, just posting the news, which if watched explains all, but of course you might not agree
Good heavens man. Why would you want to do that?
Link is above. Advance to min 42 and watch for a couple.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 20, 2020, 9:27 am

Listening to my Aussie radio station 2GB this morning and heard that the elderly chap, Captain Tom 100 yr old I think they said, who walked around his yard for COVID 19 is going to be knighted.
Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 20, 2020, 9:43 am

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 20, 2020, 11:04 am

The UK badly needed a feel good story but that was several weeks ago. What are they going to do after he's Knighted to deflect from the UK government's ineptitude and duplicity?

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 20, 2020, 11:29 am

How come every story on this forum gets taken back to politics?

Tamada, if that is all you have in your life, I feel extremely sorry for you.
Seriously, I do.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 20, 2020, 12:06 pm

tamada wrote:
May 20, 2020, 11:04 am
The UK badly needed a feel good story but that was several weeks ago. What are they going to do after he's Knighted to deflect from the UK government's ineptitude and duplicity?
I expect Boris to be on the phone to you very soon . :-" He must know you could run the country with its current crisis much better , what with all your experience .
Back to Captain Tom . He started out to try and raise 1000 pounds for the NHS , the media latched on to it , and the last i heard he had raised 36 million plus . So well done to him .
Whether that deserves a knighthood , i dont know , ask the all knowing Tamada .
I think hes more worthy of the honour than a lot that receive it .
So whats so wrong with a feel good factor story in these depressing times , Nothing as far as i can see , but im not a negative , miserable , nit picking type .

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » May 20, 2020, 1:33 pm

I only got to 45 seconds in the video and Paddy from Emmerdale couldn't pronounce anosmia. He's no Reggie Bosanquet. Think I'll stick with the BBC thanks.

Something something main stream media, blah blah blah... :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 20, 2020, 3:12 pm

mickojak wrote:
May 20, 2020, 11:29 am
How come every story on this forum gets taken back to politics?

Tamada, if that is all you have in your life, I feel extremely sorry for you.
Seriously, I do.
The OP (eventually) posted a politically oriented conspiracy theorist nonsense masquerading as "UK News". In the meantime, some others picked up on the heart warming Captain Tom story... seems like a slow news day in the Antipodes. I just put it in my perspective. Feel free to clap your hands if you think everything's coming up roses in the UK.

Also feel free to keep on ignoring me rather than wasting your time telling people your feeling sorry for me. The faux concern is all a bit cliche as it is. Nobody cares, least of all me.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 20, 2020, 3:20 pm

saint wrote:
May 20, 2020, 12:06 pm
tamada wrote:
May 20, 2020, 11:04 am
I expect Boris to be on the phone to you very soon . :-" He must know you could run the country with its current crisis much better , what with all your experience .
Back to Captain Tom . He started out to try and raise 1000 pounds for the NHS , the media latched on to it , and the last i heard he had raised 36 million plus . So well done to him .
Whether that deserves a knighthood , i dont know , ask the all knowing Tamada .
I think hes more worthy of the honour than a lot that receive it .
So whats so wrong with a feel good factor story in these depressing times , Nothing as far as i can see , but im not a negative , miserable , nit picking type .
I reckon it's awesome that a centenarian WW2 veteran has raised more money for and directly contributed to the NHS than Hancock's clown circus. Using Air Force planes to fly in millions of pounds worth of useless PPE kit while overseeing the transfer of otherwise healthy old folk out of hospital to serve a death sentence in largely underfunded, unsupervised and unregulated care homes.

Hear that? It's me clapping.
Last edited by tamada on May 20, 2020, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 20, 2020, 8:16 pm

Barney wrote:
May 20, 2020, 9:27 am
Listening to my Aussie radio station 2GB this morning .........
Gawd Barney ...... what will you do next month in the absence of the de-perched Parrot?

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 20, 2020, 8:41 pm

jackspratt wrote:
Barney wrote:
May 20, 2020, 9:27 am
Listening to my Aussie radio station 2GB this morning .........
Gawd Barney ...... what will you do next month in the absence of the de-perched Parrot?
Not sure. I don’t listen to him on radio. But follow and see him in Aussie sky news.
He’s actually on to early for my listening.
Sorry but I should have said my “Aussie radio app” where I get most stations from Aussie.
I listen to the woman on 2GB after lunch for brief periods for some news.
You just keep listening and getting all your info off the ABC. Life’s to short to give a rats about politics. My time is done for that.
My actual ABC listening is the app for ABC country music only. Nice easy music with my morning coffee after yard work and exercise.
But, to my original post, others and a few brits have quickly passed by the efforts of the 100 year old bloke. He’s a champion.
Not many left like him. And he certainly puts a stop to the saying
“Only the good die young”

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » May 20, 2020, 10:08 pm

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=58955 ... ower_video
Free for all illegal migrants ! (Face book source maybe cant be viewed)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 20, 2020, 10:13 pm

choi choi wrote:
May 20, 2020, 10:08 pm
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=58955 ... ower_video
Free for all illegal migrants ! (Face book source maybe cant be viewed)
Excuse me while I'm a little bit sick in my mouth.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 20, 2020, 10:54 pm

Barney wrote:
May 20, 2020, 8:41 pm

You just keep listening and getting all your info off the ABC. Life’s to short to give a rats about politics. My time is done for that.
Only time I listen to the ABC is Media Watch on Monday evening, and Bites on Thursday.

Otherwise, my streaming is firmly tuned here, all day and every day.

https://www.classicfm.com/ :-({|=

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 21, 2020, 8:54 am

jackspratt wrote:
Barney wrote:
May 20, 2020, 8:41 pm

Only time I listen to the ABC is Media Watch on Monday evening, and Bites on Thursday.

Otherwise, my streaming is firmly tuned here, all day and every day.

https://www.classicfm.com/ :-({|=
Thanks jacksprat

I had a good look and listen but even though I appreciate others taste in music, classical tunes just don’t do it for me.
I see it is British and the UK news section again doesn’t do it for me.
My iPhone app, “Radios Australia” has over 70 stations. ABC country wins. ABC classics is something you would like. There is a show on triple M across Aussie called the Night Shift, midnight onwards. Has subjects and call ins from late night listeners on many subjects.
2GB is my go to NRL station, when it starts up again end of this month.
I see superannuation is rising.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 21, 2020, 10:49 am

I have an extension on Firefox called Worldwide Radio, which (they claim) has access to 45,000 radio stations worldwide. The extension also makes it easy to mute ClassicFM when the pommie news comes on, plus some ads.

I prefer ClassicFM to ABC Classic because they play the same music repeatedly - usually their Top 300 (Hall of Fame) - so I am gradually building up my knowledge and recognition of which piece is which. ABC Classic gets into some pretty esoteric stuff, which doesn't appeal so much.

https://halloffame.classicfm.com/2020/

Super (so far) hasn't been the disaster I thought it would be when the ----- starting hitting the fan a few months ago. [-o<

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » May 21, 2020, 11:12 am

jackspratt wrote:
May 21, 2020, 10:49 am
I have an extension on Firefox called Worldwide Radio, which (they claim) has access to 45,000 radio stations worldwide. The extension also makes it easy to mute ClassicFM when the pommie news comes on, plus some ads.

I prefer ClassicFM to ABC Classic because they play the same music repeatedly - usually their Top 300 (Hall of Fame) - so I am gradually building up my knowledge and recognition of which piece is which. ABC Classic gets into some pretty esoteric stuff, which doesn't appeal so much.

https://halloffame.classicfm.com/2020/

Super (so far) hasn't been the disaster I thought it would be when the ----- starting hitting the fan a few months ago. [-o<
If you have found classical pieces that you like, you might like to try viewing performances of them on YouTube where you can more fully appreciate the musical skills of the performers.

This is best done using full screen on a computer monitor or, even better if you have it, on a “Smart” TV (needs a good high speed internet connection).

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”