Udon Immigration office lately

General Udon Thani topics only!
747man
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by 747man » May 11, 2020, 4:47 pm

and you have the funds .......Now THAT Could be a Problem for Some !!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 11, 2020, 5:12 pm

Seagulls
I also have renewed my Retirement Visa for 6 years and not a Peep. In and out everytime (except one time when both Bosses where away on business)
Great Service
Love going there

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 12, 2020, 7:04 am

All this talk about what and how, is rather irrelevant , when most sane educated Postersm,m have the ability to GO to Immigration and ask the question personally, and deal with their own problems. Each and every one of us are different in many aspects of obtaining a renewal to an original O ( Retirement ) Visa, O/A Visas, even Marriage Visas.
Bottom line is you do not ask them it may go wrong and then we have gnashing of teeth and cliff hanging scenarios .
I read many posts and people are asking the same questions again and again, either their reading ability is suspect or they do not understand what is said, BUT if you actually ask the Immigration Police, guess what you will get it right.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » May 12, 2020, 7:20 am

Khun Paul wrote:
May 12, 2020, 7:04 am
All this talk about what and how, is rather irrelevant , when most sane educated Postersm,m have the ability to GO to Immigration and ask the question personally, and deal with their own problems. Each and every one of us are different in many aspects of obtaining a renewal to an original O ( Retirement ) Visa, O/A Visas, even Marriage Visas.
Bottom line is you do not ask them it may go wrong and then we have gnashing of teeth and cliff hanging scenarios .
I read many posts and people are asking the same questions again and again, either their reading ability is suspect or they do not understand what is said, BUT if you actually ask the Immigration Police, guess what you will get it right.
Use the Immigration Hotline 1178, I was on hold for a while, but when I got thru, they answered the concerns and questions I had.

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » May 12, 2020, 8:15 am

Khun Paul wrote:
…..BUT if you actually ask the Immigration Police, guess what you will get it right.
=D>

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » May 12, 2020, 2:20 pm

Well, I try again with new bank letter covering every deposit from Feb. 2019 as demanded by the Capt., updated bank book once again and my attorney tomorrow. I've since had a conversation with yet another farang who had a problem with him. Only Buddha knows what he will come up with this time and Fri. is the last day I can extend. The 17th is the actual day but is a Sun. and immigration is closed on weekends.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 12, 2020, 3:13 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 10, 2020, 9:20 am
tamada wrote:
May 10, 2020, 8:59 am
^^ Good clarification and as far as we know, Udon Thani immigration are following the rule that only Retirement Extensions that originated from an O-A visa needs to include evidence of insurance.

Keep in mind that in the past, this Immigration Office previously had a policy that Retirement Extensions needed the same "under consideration" rules as the Marriage Extension... unless a non-reciepted 5000 baht fee was paid to allow you to leave the office with your extension same day.

They can and will keep trying it on with different applicants as long as their rules include the words "and including any other documentation as the Officer see's fit" in their universal rules of wallet- lightening.
There is nothing in the published rules rules that talk about an under consideration period.

It is standard procedure for a marriage extension to be reviewed by a regional office, but it’s not in the published rules.

It is standard procedure for a retirement extension to be granted locally not to be reviewed by a regional office, but again it’s not in the published rules.

So using the under consideration stamp is always an option.

A case in point was the recent extraordinary 30 day extensions where it was extensively used.
And also standard procedure to stick a hand out for an extra 5000 baht without a receipt? Or does that come under your "always an option" excuse for these contemptible vermin?

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » May 12, 2020, 4:36 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
Did you say '' BUT if you actually ask the Immigration Police, guess what you will get it right.''? im sure there is a few people will disagree on that''

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 12, 2020, 4:50 pm

tamada wrote:
May 12, 2020, 3:13 pm

And also standard procedure to stick a hand out for an extra 5000 baht without a receipt? Or does that come under your "always an option" excuse for these contemptible vermin?
Of course additional money without a receipt (bribes) is wrong and has nothing to do with the use of the under consideration stamp.

But to be real there are those who use agents often because that either don’t want to follow the rules or can not follow them, (also there are those who don’t want to interact with immigration) If your documents are in order and complete there is no reason for brown envelopes. 5,000 baht would be likely to be for ignoring something significant, (or possibly for thinking that you were born yesterday).

I don’t know the details of agent fees or large brown envelopes. You have to be the one to decide if either is worth it in your circumstances, I hold no opinion, I neither condemn nor condone.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 12, 2020, 5:00 pm

Does anyone know if the Nong Bua Amphur is issuing the updated Kor Sor 2 (to satisfy the requirement of Udon Immigration for applications for extensions of stay for reason of marriage to a Thai) at this time? I've heard that some Amphurs are only providing limited services, so there is a chance that I will go there tomorrow and wait in a queue for half a day only to discover that they are not issuing the KS2 update at this time. I went there this morning and was turned away because the queue had reached its limit for the day, and nobody could tell me the answer to this question. A phone call to the Amphur is out of the question.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 12, 2020, 5:11 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
May 12, 2020, 5:00 pm
Does anyone know if the Nong Bua Amphur is issuing the updated Kor Sor 2 (to satisfy the requirement of Udon Immigration for applications for extensions of stay for reason of marriage to a Thai) at this time? I've heard that some Amphurs are only providing limited services, so there is a chance that I will go there tomorrow and wait in a queue for half a day only to discover that they are not issuing the KS2 update at this time. I went there this morning and was turned away because the queue had reached its limit for the day, and nobody could tell me the answer to this question. A phone call to the Amphur is out of the question.
Sorry to say that is unlikely that you will get a definite answer, we were lucky as our Amper was not busy when SWMBO went.

I can only suggest getting up at sparrow’s fart to queue early and carrying a bottle of Blend285 in a semi opaque bag or something similar could help.

But if that doesn’t work then a call to immigration explaining the problem may get a helpful answer.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on May 12, 2020, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 12, 2020, 5:55 pm

It is so easy to criticise and say that on this occasion or that occasion, this went wrong or that went wrong , Having served as many of you know as a Police Officer , I can tell you that generally the Public are polite, however almost daily I was confronted with a very awkward and obnoxious person for whom nothing was good enough, resulting in more than one person over the 30 year span kicking his and her heels in the Custody Suite while the Sgt decided what to do with them . Sadly hitting them hard and where it hurt was never an option .
I am sure the IO's have similar experiences and it can take just one idiot to make them really pissed off . So before you have a go think you could be the First one after a A-hole.
Personally I have never had any trouble, but I have seen some who have and like Elephants the IO's never forget .

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 12, 2020, 7:59 pm

Your "inconsistency" never ceases to amaze, KP.

You are a constant critic of the RTP, based partly on their willingness to accept a "drink" in lieu of booking someone for DUI, or many other offences.

But when it comes to the Immo Police (part of the same gang), it is all sweetness and light, despite the fact the agent system is one giant rort. :-k

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 12, 2020, 9:10 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
May 12, 2020, 5:55 pm
It is so easy to criticise and say that on this occasion or that occasion, this went wrong or that went wrong , Having served as many of you know as a Police Officer , I can tell you that generally the Public are polite, however almost daily I was confronted with a very awkward and obnoxious person for whom nothing was good enough, resulting in more than one person over the 30 year span kicking his and her heels in the Custody Suite while the Sgt decided what to do with them . Sadly hitting them hard and where it hurt was never an option .
I am sure the IO's have similar experiences and it can take just one idiot to make them really pissed off . So before you have a go think you could be the First one after a A-hole.
Personally I have never had any trouble, but I have seen some who have and like Elephants the IO's never forget .
Hitting them hard where it hurts wasn't an option are you sure you were a police man 😂 in the 80's was the norm to get beat up by the boys in blue, and most weren't pissed off at the time they were just happy to do it for kick's

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » May 13, 2020, 6:25 am

Just an observation , yearly extension based on marriage ,400,000 bht in the bank method ,this time proof of funds in the bank for required months ,only requested once at time of application ,NOT AS LAST YEAR WERE THEY WANTED PROOF AT LEAST TWICE (in some cases three times often using the excuse they'd lost the paperwork) during the under consideration date return to office for extension stamp ,This is Udon Office ,

griff4114

Post by griff4114 » May 13, 2020, 7:54 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
May 8, 2020, 11:50 am
griff4114 wrote:
May 8, 2020, 3:29 am
If that's the young guy who took over from the older gentleman that I think retired last year, god help us he is a waste of space. the old guy was great willing to bend the rules a little bit he was very helpful to everyone.
I have had a run in with this new guy called me and my wife liars. I lost the plot with him then,then soon emptied the office out. one of the ladies there took over from him and sorted the problem out in seconds.
I thought if you get upset, or show anger it works against you HERE. Did you raise your voice, did it unnerve him or cause him loss of face. I would like to hear the details or maybe PM me.
I just want to know how to handle this twerp. He obviously backed down, Why?
My passport went through the washing machine lucky I had a cover on it, but it sustained a bit of water damage to the ink retirement stamp. When it dried out I took it to udon immigration to see if it was ok or to get it replaced. The guy who does the 90 day checks looked at it and said he could still read the visa so no problem its ok. my wife was with me.
Two weeks later I went to go get an exit stamp as I was going back to work I left that to the day I was going. Got to immigration and ended up with that young guy . told him I was flying out that night and needed a exit stamp. he looked at my passport and throw back at me and said "go embassy and get new passport" I said why when I said I brought it here to get checked and told him who had checked it so did my wife. Well he called the guy over who denied ever seeing my passport. He again refused to do the exit stamp. That's when I lost the plot I called the 90 checker a liar so did my wife and the young guy started to verbally abuse my wife which made me worse. If I did not fly that day back to work I would have lost my job. Lucky for me one of the ladies walked over took my passport and said come move over here. She looked at the stamp and said ok no problem and did a new one for me... at no cost (but I tipped her) you could see she and other immigration officers there where not happy with this guy. I do miss the older gentleman that was there he would help you what ever your problem was. Raising my voice certainly upset him and shut him up because he knew he was in the wrong and I was right. This guy is in my eyes not qualified for that position he is in. its a power trip for him.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 13, 2020, 9:01 am

Hoopoe wrote:
May 13, 2020, 6:25 am
Just an observation , yearly extension based on marriage ,400,000 bht in the bank method ,this time proof of funds in the bank for required months ,only requested once at time of application ,NOT AS LAST YEAR WERE THEY WANTED PROOF AT LEAST TWICE (in some cases three times often using the excuse they'd lost the paperwork) during the under consideration date return to office for extension stamp ,This is Udon Office ,
The same for me, one time only. Possibly last year was confusion between the marriage extension and the new rules for retirement money.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 13, 2020, 10:54 am

semperfiguy wrote:
May 12, 2020, 5:00 pm
I didn't get any response to this post, so I will answer the question for myself. I went to the Nong Bua Amphur with my wife early this morning and queued up one hour before opening time which is supposed to be 8:30 AM. Even at that time we were number 45 in the queue. It was total chaos with no posted instructions outside about the process to get into the front door, so the wife was constantly going to staff to ask questions. Finally we were given a queue ticket and ushered inside to have a seat until our number was called in the Registration Department to the left as one enters the front door. It took only 10 minutes to secure an updated Kor Sor 2 (Registration of Marriage) to present to Immigration for my application for an annual extension of stay for reason of Marriage to a Thai National. The fee was only 10 baht and from start to finish was 1 hour 15 minutes, but just make sure you go early or you will be turned away after the queue reaches 100 in the morning and 50 people in the afternoon.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » May 13, 2020, 11:16 am

semperfiguy wrote:
May 13, 2020, 10:54 am
I didn't get any response to this post, so I will answer the question for myself….
always nice to learn from personal experiences.
thanks.
=D>

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 13, 2020, 11:35 am

semperfiguy wrote:
May 13, 2020, 10:54 am
I didn't get any response to this post, so I will answer the question for myself.
Did you miss my reply just under your question? :?

But good to know of your success.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”