English Premier League 2019/20

General sports news and discussions.
747man
udonmap.com

Re: English Premier League 2019/20

Post by 747man » May 3, 2020, 12:06 pm

Udon Map wrote:
May 2, 2020, 8:39 pm
I've removed some posts. Let's try to stay civil, shall we? No comments about other UM members' families, please.
Thank You Paul, I Do Think HE Was Out of Order there....Sayin' NO More !!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 3, 2020, 12:29 pm

Looks like Brighton and Hove Albion are arguing against restarting the league.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 3, 2020, 1:31 pm

mmmmm not too sure of that samster .........

If you take the current points and add those gained during the same period (wk 37 - 46) the last time the teams were in the league you get.

Leeds current pts 71 + 13 + 84 pts after 46 game season
West Brom current 70 + 19 + 89 pts
Fulham current 64 + 23 = 87 pts

which gives WB & Fulham the promotion places so Leeds are clearly NOT certs to be promoted (let alone win the league)

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 3, 2020, 2:23 pm

Bookies had us at 1/20 before the s*** hit the fan. Look at the fixtures we had left.

You need to ignore the last 3, arguably 4 games last year as, due to Sky and the EFLs agreement to not promote us last year, we were in a position where we couldn't go up so we playing out time.

Relegate Norwich (because they still play muzak after a goal), Villa (cos they were lucky last year) and West Ham (because they're cockneys). Job done!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 3, 2020, 2:35 pm

samster wrote:
May 3, 2020, 2:23 pm
Bookies had us at 1/20 before the s*** hit the fan. Look at the fixtures we had left.

You need to ignore the last 3, arguably 4 games last year as, due to Sky and the EFLs agreement to not promote us last year, we were in a position where we couldn't go up so we playing out time.

Relegate Norwich (because they still play muzak after a goal), Villa (cos they were lucky last year) and West Ham (because they're cockneys). Job done!
That'l upset at least two forum members ......... dont think anyone gives a sh** about Villa though :lol: :lol:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 3, 2020, 2:44 pm

i think the only clear cut defo was Liverpool to lift the EPL other than that nothing could be or should be taken for granted , thats why im still saying season should be voided , not heard a half decent solution from a stauch fan of a promotion hopeful and / an unbiased commentator ..

Cancel now and plan for next season ..

Let Leeds WBA FULHAM have a playoff with WHU VILLA N NORWICH 555555555

Im sure the top sides in L1 N 2 are nipping it as well as the big boys .. but its tuff titty IMO and more so i would say exactly the same if Scunny were top of L1 .. unpresidented times mean unpresidented decisions ..

VOID VOID VOID

dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 3, 2020, 3:15 pm

samster what was the excuse for the season before last where Leeds got even fewer points from their last 10 matches (W3 D2 L5 = 11pts). could it just be that Leeds cant last a 46 game season and have burnt out before the end?
No reason to suspect this season would have been any different

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 3, 2020, 3:36 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 3, 2020, 3:15 pm
samster what was the excuse for the season before last where Leeds got even fewer points from their last 10 matches (W3 D2 L5 = 11pts). could it just be that Leeds cant last a 46 game season and have burnt out before the end?
No reason to suspect this season would have been any different
Not a difficult one. Paul Heckinbottom/Marcelo Bielsa.

Leeds played some of their best football in March/April last year.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 3, 2020, 4:04 pm

DM why have you got Villa Norwich & WHU going down

current positions would be Norwich Villa & Bomo
Pts per game (overall) would be Norwich Villa & Bomo
Pts per game (Home and away split) would be Norwich Villa & West Ham

all scenarios seem to have Watford safe on Goal Diff

However if Villa play their game in hand & win Norwich Bomo & Watford would go down

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 3, 2020, 4:25 pm

comments from Steve Parish (Palace chairman)

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2020/may/ch ... al-palace/

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 3, 2020, 8:35 pm

Using the Petty Patel style of reporting ("we have managed to reduce the level of shoplifting this month" ..... wouldnt have anything to do with the fact that nearly all shops were shut would it?)

Football authorities will claim that there has been a huge reduction in racist comments this season thanks to the "kick it out campaign" ................ and possibly the fact that so many games wont have fans present

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 3, 2020, 9:26 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 3, 2020, 8:35 pm
Using the Petty Patel style of reporting ("we have managed to reduce the level of shoplifting this month" ..... wouldnt have anything to do with the fact that nearly all shops were shut would it?)

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) not again Statts .. just cant leave your political bias out of any subject matter ..and you know i think MS Patel is a milf hornball.

Football authorities will claim that there has been a huge reduction in racist comments this season thanks to the "kick it out campaign" ................ and possibly the fact that so many games wont have fans present
Idealy IMO i would ov liked to see Watford , Borno , Villa go down .. i like Norwich n also have a soft spot for West Ham even tho they are sh8te .. but i still believe the season should be voided n no PL relegation this year... infact no promotions or relegations throughout the leagues , just voided as it stands ..no titles n trophies etc .

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 3, 2020, 10:27 pm

Gotta admit DM it was a classic right up there with Matt Hancocks 73000 (122000) people being tested , well tests being done, well tests being posted out and those done, well tests being posted out and those done and those that have been ordered but not yet posted out (phew we reached the target ... really)

Have to laugh when the PL use words like sporting integrity when talking about "having to finish the season" ..... where's the integrity in forcing a team to play its remaining games behind closed doors and now at a neutral venue

PS from what i've heard Ms Patel doesn't even need to use the whips/lycra or handcuffs :-$

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 4, 2020, 3:22 pm

Newcastle United told by Premier League 'neutral' ground plan could be used at all 20 stadiums next season

Clubs in the Premier League have been informed that the “eight to ten” neutral ground plan is an experiment, and that all 20 could be used next season.

Premier League clubs are set to vote “on Friday” to determine whether the season can be finished at neutral venues.

England’s top-flight was brought to a standstill in March due to the coronavirus outbreak across the country.

Although the Premier League have always maintained that their aim is to finish the season when it is safe to do so, there are now doubts over whether the season will resume at all.

And according to a new report in the Mirror, the Premier League have told clubs it was the government and the police who have insisted on the “approved” stadium idea.

All remaining 92 games are set to be played behind closed doors and the Mirror claim that it was made clear in last Friday’s meeting that if it goes to plan then next season all 20 grounds could be opened up for Premier League games.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 5, 2020, 10:39 pm

Starting to hit home down the pyramid

"Former Magpie James Perch has been released by Scunthorpe United this afternoon.

The Iron have also released former United under-23 Yasin Ben El-Mhanni.

A club statement read: "At present, we are not making any offers to our out-of-contract first team squad members due to the coronavirus pandemic and the significant loss of income suffered by the club.

"We thank all the players leaving the club this summer for their efforts while with the Iron and wish them well for the future."

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 6, 2020, 12:13 am

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 6, 2020, 7:46 am

stattointhailand wrote:
May 5, 2020, 10:39 pm
Starting to hit home down the pyramid

"Former Magpie James Perch has been released by Scunthorpe United this afternoon.

The Iron have also released former United under-23 Yasin Ben El-Mhanni.

A club statement read: "At present, we are not making any offers to our out-of-contract first team squad members due to the coronavirus pandemic and the significant loss of income suffered by the club.

"We thank all the players leaving the club this summer for their efforts while with the Iron and wish them well for the future."

DAM Shame i liked Perchy and although his best days behind him still a great player at L2 level.

Chairman Swann will just get rid of all the players as their contracts expire .. hes obviously planning on the cancel the season route , buggar all to play for anyway.

The other Arab lad didnt really figure in the Iron first team anyway.

Good find Statts chz

DM

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 6, 2020, 8:38 am

It's not making great reading that some of the lower down clubs are having to let players go because they can't afford the wages. There should be some help given by the FA short term, I'm sure most people wouldn't mind paying an extra £1 on their tickets to protect the league.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 6, 2020, 10:08 am

Rory Mcardle also been released by Scunny ..same time as Perchy .. talk about drop the back bone of the team .. wer DOOMED DOOMED I SAY

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52547612

DM

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 6, 2020, 3:07 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52550879

Newcastle fans are going to raise human rights issues but supporting the takeover. Another club joins the band of hypocrites headed by Brighton and Villa recently.

LUFC, again taking the moral high ground (until we are taken over by Qatar).

Return to “World Sports”