Visa Extension

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Re: Visa Extension

Post by Declan MacPherson » April 2, 2020, 1:32 pm

saint wrote:
April 2, 2020, 10:35 am
Credit where credit is due ... Went to immigration this morning early doors . Got there about 8.20 and my heart sank when i saw a crowd of at least 40 people , many of them Asians . Not a racist comment , just an observation .
At 8.30 on the dot the guy who usually wears the neck brace came out and told everyone to sit facing the door at least 2 meters from the person next to you . Those that did not respond were told again .
A couple of ladies come out with appointment cards and started checking peoples passports to see what they were there for and issued said cards .
Neck brace guy starts walking up the line checking temperatures , sticking a coloured sticker on you to prove youve been checked .
When the ticket ladies got to me and saw i only needed the second stamp for my marriage visa , one walks into the office with my passport .
She reemerged about 5 minutes later with my passport dully stamped .
I could not of been happier . In and out in about 20 minutes .
From what i observed they were letting people into the office in threes , but there was adequate seating outside , although the awning did not cover my sitting area , but being early , not too hot .
On the whole a well organised system , and i was impressed . =D> =D>
Udon Immigration has never disappointed me. I have had similar, very accommodating experiences.

"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 3, 2020, 4:40 am

anefarious1 wrote:
April 2, 2020, 1:27 pm
saint wrote:
Credit where credit is due ... Went to immigration this morning early doors . Got there about 8.20 and my heart sank when i saw a crowd of at least 40 people , many of them Asians . Not a racist comment , just an observation .
At 8.30 on the dot the guy who usually wears the neck brace came out and told everyone to sit facing the door at least 2 meters from the person next to you . Those that did not respond were told again .
A couple of ladies come out with appointment cards and started checking peoples passports to see what they were there for and issued said cards .
Neck brace guy starts walking up the line checking temperatures , sticking a coloured sticker on you to prove youve been checked .
When the ticket ladies got to me and saw i only needed the second stamp for my marriage visa , one walks into the office with my passport .
From what i observed they were letting people into the office in threes , but there was adequate seating outside , although the awning did not cover my sitting area , but being early , not too hot .
You got lucky. A well organised system? It's a view based on your individual experience as I'm sure you will agree.
Yes im fully aware i got lucky . After 15 years of being dicked around by immigration , dont i deserve just one break ?
The well organised system i referred to was to keep people safe , not the actual visa process .
Fook me , you cannot win on this forum .
Moan about them , your wrong . Give them a bit of credit , fook , wrong again !!!!!
Whats wrong with you lot , suffering from cabin fever or what .
I would say get out and get a life , but thats impossible these days . we are all suffering with isolation , but it would appear some more than others .
If the alcohol ban does come in , or travel even more restricted , then what , we all start tearing each other a new arsehole . =; =;

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 3, 2020, 6:40 am

I've nothing but praise for the guy with the neck brace, 90 day reporting became so much easier when he took over and never once has he asked for a tip. The young, tall guy who seems to control everything is also very good, last time I was in he was keeping everything running smoothly, they're a damn site better now than they used to be.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 3, 2020, 7:08 am

No matter what anyone says, I feel sure that during this situation, maybe they ( Immigration ) have come to realise that an inordinate amount of time is spent dealing with very minor problems. So they are learning to streamline the system to suit ( aka the previous poster who only needed one stamp ) .
perhaps their IT dept can make their systems work far better , even dare I say it electronic renewal of Retirement visas, where the circumstances have not changed at all.

But I digress, I have always found them helpful during my time here 16+ years apart from the time when we all had to travel to Nong Khai.

The current situation has changed their work ethics and hopefully those changes will remain long after this situation subsides.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » April 4, 2020, 10:28 am

saint wrote:
April 3, 2020, 4:40 am
anefarious1 wrote:
April 2, 2020, 1:27 pm
saint wrote:
You got lucky. A well organised system? It's a view based on your individual experience as I'm sure you will agree.
Yes im fully aware i got lucky . After 15 years of being dicked around by immigration , dont i deserve just one break ?
The well organised system i referred to was to keep people safe , not the actual visa process .
Fook me , you cannot win on this forum .
Moan about them , your wrong . Give them a bit of credit , fook , wrong again !!!!!
Whats wrong with you lot , suffering from cabin fever or what .
I would say get out and get a life , but thats impossible these days . we are all suffering with isolation , but it would appear some more than others .
If the alcohol ban does come in , or travel even more restricted , then what , we all start tearing each other a new arsehole . =; =;
So we agree. Nothing wrong with getting lucky. Yes, you deserve all the luck you can get! Relax!

mickojak
udonmap.com

Hopefully some visa help coming

Post by mickojak » April 6, 2020, 1:28 pm

Bangkok post today
Attachments
Screenshot_20200406-132624_Samsung Internet.jpg

noosard
udonmap.com

Re: Hopefully some visa help coming

Post by noosard » April 6, 2020, 2:18 pm

Should be 4

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 6, 2020, 2:52 pm

In anticipation of a pre-emptive strike on Udon Immigration to secure a 60-day stay of execution through having a Thai spouse, I will be headed to the Amphur to try and get a kor ror haa. We've been legally married for thirteen years but this document only recently seems to be popping up as a requirement in all sorts of places.
kor ror 5.jpg
Certificate of Change of Name
Has anyone encountered any difficulties getting one of these in Udon? Any special procedures, pre-dawn incantations or preferred label color on the JW?

Ta
tam

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 6, 2020, 3:02 pm

tamada wrote:
April 6, 2020, 2:52 pm
In anticipation of a pre-emptive strike on Udon Immigration to secure a 60-day stay of execution through having a Thai spouse, I will be headed to the Amphur to try and get a kor ror haa. We've been legally married for thirteen years but this document only recently seems to be popping up as a requirement in all sorts of places.

kor ror 5.jpg

Has anyone encountered any difficulties getting one of these in Udon? Any special procedures, pre-dawn incantations or preferred label color on the JW?

Ta
tam
We've been Married for 27 Years & Our Wedding Certificate has a BLUE Border,Don't Think we Need One of Your Type Tam !!!

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 6, 2020, 4:06 pm

dragonz wrote:
March 27, 2020, 7:48 am
sometimewoodworker wrote:
March 26, 2020, 11:21 am
dragonz wrote:
March 26, 2020, 10:46 am
March 20, 2020, 7:24 pm
dragonz wrote:
March 20, 2020, 5:01 pm
I went for my 12 month marraige extension a few days ago . I renewed the kor sor 22 2 weeks before when i was in udon as the government website stated had to be within 6 months but udon imm but udon said had to be within 7 days so back to the office for a new one.
Also a new one my visa run out 28 march and was under consideration until 20 april they made me do a new 90 day reporting but it runs out on 11 april which was my last one ? Never had to do a 90 day repeort 3 weeks after i applied for extension and while i was under consideration . so went for my visa 13 march , have to do 90 day report 11 april and get my extension 28 april ?>
the regular reporting AKA "90 day" report back dates get quite strange around renewal time, virtually never 90 days.
Still cannot get my head around this . I always go for my visa beginning of march , get under consideration until 28 april . My 90 day report always run out middle of april but i never go as i have no extension until 28 ap . never said anything before . This year go for my extension on 13 mar was told to renew my 90 day as i had done it online and would run out 11 april but all they did was put a piece of paper in my passport saying report 11 april .Seems dumb if i am there on 13 mar and 28 april to have to report 11 april ? Will not be able to do online reporting as i do not have a visa extension ??
You can only try.

My guess is that you can not as the extension date is in the Data Base but probably the under consideration date is not.

If you try do please post successful or not.
Will try next week . I think they just confuse themselves . When the girl doing my extension seen the online reporting paper i printed out she told me go to the reporting desk and get a new one but the woman just gave me a piece of paper telling me to come when the original run out 11 april so was not a new one . I went back in and seen the guy who usually does the 90 day reporting and he did not understand it and just shrugged his shoulders . I thing if they had not seen the online report they would have said nothing same as usual
I tried to get the 90 day report but was just told to report to immigration so did not work . Did not say why but i assume it is because i am under 30 consideration .
I am really not happy now . never had to do this before . The girl doing my extension seen the online document and just told me to renew it . Usually they just rip their yellow one out and say nothing then i go for my extension .
THis time when i went to renew it she just dated it to when the online report run out which was silly .I was there on 13 mar doing my ext , have to return 28 april to get my extension and now have to do 90 day report in the middle of my under consideration . I have been on lockdown for 2 weeks with my boys nobody in or out and have no wish to go to udon for 90 day then a week later go for my extension grrrr

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 6, 2020, 5:27 pm

747man wrote:
April 6, 2020, 3:02 pm
tamada wrote:
April 6, 2020, 2:52 pm

kor ror 5.jpg

Ta
tam
We've been Married for 27 Years & Our Wedding Certificate has a BLUE Border,Don't Think we Need One of Your Type Tam !!!
It's not the wedding certificate. That is already part of the docs they need to see. This is specifically a certificate of name change. I didn't need it at both at Jomtien and Udon immigration right up until last year either.

However, the OP @newtovillagelife was asked to supply this document last February so maybe it's a new request. He hasn't come back to say whether he got it or not.

I also found out that the Thai Consulate in Savannakhet were also asking for this document as recently as last month.

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » April 6, 2020, 5:54 pm

Here is the little bit I have been told. Prior to 2002 women were required to change their name when they were married. After that they had the option. If they chose to change their name, a Name Change Certificate was issued. We went to the Amphur in our attempt to make sure the information was correct. We have been married 48 years. The officers there told us we could not get a certificate because we married before the law changed. We were even told there was no way to over ride the system to get a certificate. To get a certificate now they must enter a marriage certificate issued under the current law.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 6, 2020, 6:28 pm

ladda3904 wrote:
April 6, 2020, 5:54 pm
Here is the little bit I have been told. Prior to 2002 women were required to change their name when they were married. After that they had the option. If they chose to change their name, a Name Change Certificate was issued. We went to the Amphur in our attempt to make sure the information was correct. We have been married 48 years. The officers there told us we could not get a certificate because we married before the law changed. We were even told there was no way to over ride the system to get a certificate. To get a certificate now they must enter a marriage certificate issued under the current law.
Thanks for that. Since we got married (date on wedding certificate) in 2007, getting the kor ror haa should be possible.

It's similar to the rigmarole I had to go through when getting married in 2007. It was my second marriage here with the first one ending in divorce some time in the mid 1980's. When I went for my affidavit of freedom to marry, it required that I provide the divorce decree to support my claim. Having been sufficiently careless NOT to keep my copy, I tracked down the lawyer that handled my divorce over 20 years earlier. He said that none of divorce certificates prior to some date (possibly 2002?) had been entered into the new, national online database and was unaware of anyone that could get copies of the original. The divorce was done in a Chonburi court but he didn't have any way of even locating where these tomes of dusty paperwork were interred. The best we could come up with was a notarized sworn affidavit that he had represented me in my successful and (just) uncontested divorce.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 6, 2020, 7:57 pm

ladda3904 wrote:
SWMBO and I got married after the 2002 law change, she changed her name as part of the marriage, no certificate like the one illustrated was issued, it maybe that the KR2 and KR3 have a similar function if the name change is concurrent with the wedding
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 6, 2020, 8:24 pm

April 6, 2020, 7:57 pm
ladda3904 wrote:
SWMBO and I got married after the 2002 law change, she changed her name as part of the marriage, no certificate like the one illustrated was issued, it maybe that the KR2 and KR3 have a similar function if the name change is concurrent with the wedding
Same as our experience, The registrar simply asked if she wanted a name change and it was done with the same end paperwork as the one who kept her maiden name. I would wager there are hundreds of us who got married and were blissfully unaware of this certificate. For a long time, the kor ror sohng was all that was needed by Immigration. Then more Immigration offices started asking for the kor ror sahm. Then some insisted that the kor ror sahm must be less than x months old. Now it appears this kor ror haa is increasingly in demand.

As far as some Immigration offices are concerned, all THREE bits of paper are now required.

Here's something I noticed. Some time last year when I was google searching for an image of the kor ror haa, I only found one low-res graphic on page 3 or 4 of a search. A few weeks ago, there was maybe half a dozen images available. Yesterday, I was spoiled for choice with dozens of images. Maybe there's a whole lot of other guys frantically searching for it and it's getting optimized?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 7, 2020, 10:45 am

Just dropped by Udon amphur's office which isn't processing much of anything until further notice.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Thai Government Grants Another Visa Extension

Post by fdimike » April 22, 2020, 4:24 pm

I saw this on the Thai Visa site and thought it would be of interest.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/116071 ... t=15326190
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Re: Thai Government Grants Another Visa Extension

Post by dunroaming » April 22, 2020, 4:35 pm

Sounds like they are also planning to extend the emergency decree so would explain why they are extending the visa extensions

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » April 23, 2020, 12:32 pm

tutone wrote:
March 20, 2020, 3:56 pm
mak wrote:
March 19, 2020, 1:53 pm
A friend had his extension of stay turned down today in Udon. The IO wanted to know the "source of income". He was using the 65k/month method. He had a letter from BBL showing 12 months of foreign deposits plus his Passbook. The IO said it was a new requirement.
Yesterday I went to immigration to ask specific questions about what documents from the bank were required for my extension renewal using 65,000 monthly income method coming up in May. I also asked if I could renew now but was told 30 days prior was the earliest. (I really want to get my extension as soon as possible in case this corona mess becomes impossible to deal with). The officer told me I needed a letter verifying my account with the bank and a statement for the past year. Then she added that the statement must show where the monthly deposits come from. So I asked her how she could determine this and she said the bank code would identify if the source of income being from a foreign country. So again I asked her if deposits from a foreign country would satisfy the requirement for source of income and she said yes. Also required is bank book updated with a transaction on the day of renewal.

So as is par for the course, when dealing with immigration there always seems to be some mystery as to what will happen. I intend to have additional statements showing how I earn my money, dividends, interest, pension, etc. if I am asked, but I will not volunteer any additional information. That said I have never had a bad experience with the immigration in Udon or years ago in Nong Khai.
So, about 2 weeks ago I went for my extension and was told they were too busy to do one year extensions and to return around the 25th of April. While there he looked over my bank statement and said I actually needed a statement from Jan. 1, 2019. Said it was a new requirement. I have never seen this guy before or since and personally think he was full of crap. So I went back today with a new statement and the rest of the required documents. It took about 20 minutes to get approved. I used the 65,000 Baht a month income method. He checked monthly deposits from overseas, verified my account against the letter from the bank, and asked me for the source of my income. I provided him with a letter showing my pension and started giving him statements showing dividends and other earnings from some investments. While trying to explain the statements to him he just sort of threw up his hands and said "that's enough" before I could even finish explaining or providing all of my statements. He never even looked at them nor did he take any time to thoroughly check my bank statement. It was sort of like he really didn't care as long as I had something to show. Anyway, I'm good for another year and they changed my 90 day reporting so I go back July 21, 90 days from now. Otherwise I was supposed to report in late May.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 23, 2020, 12:38 pm

tutone wrote:
April 23, 2020, 12:32 pm
... While trying to explain the statements to him he just sort of threw up his hands and said "that's enough" before I could even finish explaining or providing all of my statements. He never even looked at them nor did he take any time to thoroughly check my bank statement. It was sort of like he really didn't care as long as I had something to show. ...
Result!

His quick surrender was because he couldn't see anything that would need him to say "Cannot!"... before offering you the business card for a friendly, local agent.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”