School director dies in Udon accident.

General Udon Thani topics only!
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

School director dies in Udon accident.

Post by DuiDui49 » April 21, 2020, 11:21 am

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... n-accident

Dark,maybe tired,going way to fast (140Km an hour)at a curve..RIP.

saint
udonmap.com

Re: School director dies in Udon accident.

Post by saint » April 21, 2020, 11:32 am

One less idiot for me to worry about .
140kph on a busy section of the ringroad . Sorry , no sympathy from me .
Just another Hiso who thinks the laws of the land do not apply to him .
But the laws of physics do not care about your social standing . =;

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 21, 2020, 12:04 pm

Somebody's dad, son, brother or uncle has tragically just died.

RIP K. Banjong.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 21, 2020, 1:07 pm

tamada wrote:
April 21, 2020, 12:04 pm
Somebody's dad, son, brother or uncle has tragically just died.

RIP K. Banjong.
Yes , im fully aware of that , and purely by luck he did not take others dads ,sons ,brother or uncles with him .
Tragic as it may be the pratt was doing 86.8 MPH on a bad road surface , on a bend , probably a slippery surface , in a high vehicle with a high centre of gravity . Physics was not his strong point .
To add , this is what governs how the schools teach their children .
You show all the sympathy you like Tam .

kakariki
udonmap.com

Post by kakariki » April 21, 2020, 3:38 pm

True, and lucky he didn't take other innocent people too

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 21, 2020, 5:30 pm

And there but for the grace of their God goes...

But I'll let y'all get along on your high horses.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » April 21, 2020, 5:39 pm

Very sad as far as I'm concerned. No telling what the cause of the accident was at this point in time. The man could have had a stroke or a seizure or a heart attack while driving.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » April 21, 2020, 5:47 pm

saint wrote:
April 21, 2020, 11:32 am
by saint » April 21, 2020, 2:32 pm

One less idiot for me to worry about .
140kph on a busy section of the ringroad . Sorry , no sympathy from me .
Just another Hiso who thinks the laws of the land do not apply to him .
But the laws of physics do not care about your social standing .
saint wrote:
April 21, 2020, 1:07 pm
by saint » April 21, 2020, 4:07 pm

tamada wrote: ↑April 21, 2020, 3:04 pm
Somebody's dad, son, brother or uncle has tragically just died. (Yes, tragic no matter what reason)

Saint,,
RIP K. Banjong.
Yes , im fully aware of that , and purely by luck he did not take others dads ,sons ,brother or uncles with him .
Tragic as it may be the pratt was doing 86.8 MPH on a bad road surface , on a bend , probably a slippery surface , in a high vehicle with a high centre of gravity . Physics was not his strong point .
To add , this is what governs how the schools teach their children .
You show all the sympathy you like Tam .
[/quote

So, Saint, you've never broken the speed limit?
Or, any other law for that matter?

Maybe he was rushing to the hospital?
Maybe he had trouble at home?

You're response and attitude is disgusting.
Pathetic.
fdimike wrote:
April 21, 2020, 5:39 pm
by fdimike » April 21, 2020, 8:39 pm

Very sad as far as I'm concerned. No telling what the cause of the accident was at this point in time. The man could have had a stroke or a seizure or a heart attack while driving.
[/quote

FD, agree wholeheartedly.
Mick

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 21, 2020, 5:51 pm

fdimike wrote:
April 21, 2020, 5:39 pm
agree more info required ..

140 on that section of road is way too fast and dangerous .. but just because the speedo was stuck at 140 its taken as thats the speed he was doing .. when in fact no one knows that information for sure if no witnesses ?? at 7pm i would think there could well be some one who saw the accident.

RIP to the fella and condolences to his family.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 21, 2020, 6:10 pm

Is a bit disappointing people judge him on a bangkok post story. But thats all the info supplied.
It is also disappointing the police would release any info at the scene while the tragedy is under investigation. TIT.
It could just be a simple fact his foot was stuck on the accelerator after the rollover and reved the engine out while on its side.
Give the guy the benefit of any doubts and let it go.
None of us will know the end result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 21, 2020, 6:35 pm

That particular corner is dead flat, zero camber even at 80-=90 + you can feel the car wanting to veer over to the inside lane , at 140 plus in a Pajero it requires excellent driving skills and 100% concentration . Sadly neither of which seems to have been used here . RIP but lucky for others only himself involved.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » April 21, 2020, 6:53 pm

max speed limit posted on Ring Road is 80KPH...
Dave

laksnrub
udonmap.com

Post by laksnrub » April 21, 2020, 8:20 pm

When you see the road deaths, for the last 15 weeks, nothing but shocking, its pickups and motorcycles, 5000 since new year, 1 in 60 people get injured in accidents each year, some people would be in a accident 2 or 3 times in a life time
Attachments
Capturex.PNG
Capture.PNG
Quality is best done first

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 22, 2020, 4:36 am

Barney wrote:
April 21, 2020, 6:10 pm
Is a bit disappointing people judge him on a bangkok post story. But thats all the info supplied.
It is also disappointing the police would release any info at the scene while the tragedy is under investigation. TIT.
It could just be a simple fact his foot was stuck on the accelerator after the rollover and reved the engine out while on its side.
Give the guy the benefit of any doubts and let it go.
None of us will know the end result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im pretty sure that a Pajero has a fuel cut off that deploys with the SRS .
Not 100% sure , but most modern cars do have it .
Despite driving a Pajero sport for over three years , i never managed to crash it , even when ive broken the speed limit .
What i do know is despite having a sport sticker on the tailgate , there is nothing sporty about that vehicle , especially when it comes to corners . Even having bigger wheels and low profile tyres , it rolls like a pig when driven with any enthusiasm .
Its a high vehicle with a high centre of gravity , rear wheel drive with not much weight over the rear wheels and a very heavy engine over the front wheels .
Only a fool or someone on a death wish would drive round that bend at that kind of speed unless they are in fact in a sports car that is designed to do just that . A Pejero is not .

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » April 22, 2020, 4:51 am

well if the bloke was anything like my overworked teacher missus, and her ' lives for his job ' boss, the driver probably feel asleep at the wheel for overwork and exhaustion..
I do note that from the picture the rear wheel doesnt seem to align with the front, as if the axle has come adrift..might just be me

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 22, 2020, 7:50 am

saint wrote:
April 22, 2020, 4:36 am

... Despite driving a Pajero sport for over three years , i never managed to crash it , even when ive broken the speed limit . ...
From this desperately narrow rationale, you defend your suggestion that poor driving skills automatically comes with being a willfully lawbreaking "hiso" or an ill-educated "pratt". An "idiot" that has probably been infecting generations of misbegotten children with all the wrong lessons in life and teachers with all the wrong values while endangering the lives of other innocent road users in his spare time.

All this about someone you never, ever knew but who you think is better off dead?

Maybe you have some hidden virtues that more than make up for being so judgmental with a lack of open mindedness and empathy. I mean other than your alleged superior Pajero driving skills?

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 22, 2020, 8:13 am

tamada wrote:
April 22, 2020, 7:50 am
saint wrote:
April 22, 2020, 4:36 am

... Despite driving a Pajero sport for over three years , i never managed to crash it , even when ive broken the speed limit . ...
From this desperately narrow rationale, you defend your suggestion that poor driving skills automatically comes with being a willfully lawbreaking "hiso" or an ill-educated "pratt". An "idiot" that has probably been infecting generations of misbegotten children with all the wrong lessons in life and teachers with all the wrong values while endangering the lives of other innocent road users in his spare time.

All this about someone you never, ever knew but who you think is better off dead?

Maybe you have some hidden virtues that more than make up for being so judgmental with a lack of open mindedness and empathy. I mean other than your alleged superior Pajero driving skills?
That is your interpretation of what i said .? and you got all this from the fact that i do indeed have first hand knowledge of driving a Pajero and by the grace of whatever god you believe in , I failed to crash it .
So , how would you describe someone driving at 140kph in an 80kph zone . Clever , Smart , Astute , level headed , brilliant , gifted , talented ? Be interesting to know . Oh and as far as i know he was not a teacher .
Maybe we could all come up with a good reason why he was driving so fast like Mickojak suggested .
Like !
Maybe he was on the phone .
Maybe he was under the influence .
Maybe he was hurrying home to watch his favourite T V program .
Maybe he was on a promise .
Maybe , and it is just a maybe , but the evidence at hand suggests it could be a good maybe , he was driving way to fast and lost control of the vehicle .
Read into that whatever you like Tammy boy , and think yourself lucky you or one of your loved ones , which includes your ego , was not in that area at the time our much respected deceased realised he was not Lewis Hamilton . =; =;

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 22, 2020, 8:19 am

Maybe he wasn’t actually doing 140kph

All the Udon Map forensic experts have studied the evidence & concluded because the Bangkok Post says the speedo needle was showing this in the wrecked vehicle he must have been driving this speed on the bend before crashing
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » April 22, 2020, 8:24 am

well, the coppers should be able to do an accident scene analysis of the damage to estimate speed...
Dave

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 22, 2020, 8:33 am

Niggly wrote:
April 22, 2020, 8:19 am
Maybe he wasn’t actually doing 140kph

All the Udon Map forensic experts have studied the evidence & concluded because the Bangkok Post says the speedo needle was showing this in the wrecked vehicle he must have been driving this speed on the bend before crashing
I think it was the police who said that . But yes your right the Bangkok Post did report it .
Nothing to do with Udon map forensics . What do the forensic experts on Udon Social think .
Maybe he was only doing 40 kph and the speedo just jumped to 140 on impact .
Maybe he was driving along and a unicorn came out of nowhere , and he was so gobsmacked he didnt see the bend . =; =;
How many more of you morons want to defend him .
Yes Frazee they could well of done that , who knows TIT .
Modern digital speedos do not just jump up in speed for no reason , impact or no impact , but if that was the speed at impact , and presuming he did have the savvy to hit the brakes before loosing control , what speed was he doing before that . :roll:

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”