Udon immigration, not busy!

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
747man
udonmap.com

Re: Udon immigration, not busy!

Post by 747man » April 17, 2020, 11:42 am

On 4/12/2020 at 12:42 PM, Nong Khai Man said:
Thanks Joe, So do you think the Emergency will be extended after the 30 th April....?? And If it Is " Just to Sit it out " and WAIT For Further Announcments until the Borders are Re-Opened....
Ubonjoe Replied.....
They will certainly extend the emergency decree for at least another month IMO. Then after it does end they will allow people to stay for a period time to leave the country or apply for extensions.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 17, 2020, 11:45 am

Great, thanks for confirming that Joe, and in respect to me already using 1 extension, can I choose to avoid going to immigration while the visa amnesty is still in place?

Yes......

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 17, 2020, 12:39 pm

Thank you for confirmation it is as I thought and have posted. You seem to have misunderstood the information given.

As long as the emergency order is extended (it is almost certain that it will be) you do not have to request a 60 day extension,(though you can choose to try, in your situation I would not)

You DO NOT get an automatic 60 day extension.

The situation today is that the automatic extension for everyone who qualifies finishes on April 30

You along with every one else are almost certain to get another automatic extension (or more correctly the the date of the extension will change) to a particular date, that date may well be Added to in the future depending on the situation.

Nobody is given an extension for a number of days Unless you go to immigration apply and pay the fee
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 18, 2020, 11:21 am

IF you are on a 30 day entry stamp, a 60 day tourist visa entry stamp OR a 30 day normal extension from one of those you do NOT need to go to the immigration office (or even contact them) until they tell you what will happen on the 30th <- the day the blanket amnesty expires.
IF you are on a long term extension of stay (retirement, marriage, raising children, employment, education etc) we are advising you GO get your new extension like normal
IF you are on a year-long, multi-entry Non-Immigrant Type visa <- where you bounce out and back in every 90 days we are advising you CONTACT your immigration office to see if you are covered on the blanket amnesty or not. (there are conflicting reports about it).
IF you are on ANY "under consideration" stamp from having used the embassy letter to get the "unable to travel due to covid-19" extension and your under consideration stamp is expiring we advise you CONTACT your immigration office to see how they interpret the rule of blanket amnesty.

The reason we are doing this IS that there are conflicting reports from people who have had "under consideration" stamps and DID visit their immigration office and were told they were NOT covered and they received the rest of their "unable to travel due to covid-19" stamp like normal
AND
There were reports from people on year-mulit-Non-Imm visas who also went to the immigration office and were told they were NOT covered under the blanket amnesty.

Given those reports IF you have the stamps I mentioned we advise you contact OR go to your immigration office and see if you are covered or not.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 18, 2020, 11:48 am

Link please Alan.

For important information like this, credibility of the source is crucial.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 18, 2020, 11:55 am

Just Seen it on Facebook ( Thai Visa service ) Jack......Posted by a Tod Daniels who is in Admin on there......???

So DON'T Know How Genuine it is......
Last edited by 747man on April 18, 2020, 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 18, 2020, 11:58 am

jackspratt wrote:
April 18, 2020, 11:48 am
Link please Alan.

For important information like this, credibility of the source is crucial.
Do a google phrase search and you will find it links to a FarceBook page purportedly posted from Or by ThaiVisa.
I haven’t read it as I don’t trust FarceBook, I just found the link.

However call 042-249-982, its udon immigration’s phone number, if you are not sure. They answer the phone and can speak (and mostly understand :lol:) English

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 18, 2020, 12:00 pm

Does he where an immigration uniform ..?? ..

Alan if yer worried just go into Immo office n double check your status .. info from the horses mouth .. but dont wear yer Emerton shirt or they will deport you for being disrespectful .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 18, 2020, 12:07 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 18, 2020, 12:00 pm
Does he where an immigration uniform ..?? ..

Alan if yer worried just go into Immo office n double check your status .. info from the horses mouth .. but dont wear yer Emerton shirt or they will deport you for being disrespectful .

DM
NO....................

I would've worn MY sCUNThorpe Shirt But I'd Definately been " Out on My Ass "

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 18, 2020, 12:25 pm

Non immigrant 'o' visa is covered by the extention untill the 30th
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 18, 2020, 12:57 pm

papafarang wrote:
April 18, 2020, 12:25 pm
Non immigrant 'o' visa is covered by the extention untill the 30th
If you entered using a Visa and received a permission to stay stamp at the border with an expiration date between March 26 and April 30. You are correct.

If you have an extension of stay of 1 year that finishes between those dates you are not included.

If you have an extension of stay of less than 1 year (example 7, 30, 60 days ) or under consideration stamp you should call udon immigration as different offices have different policies. I have not heard details of Udon’s policies

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 22, 2020, 7:26 am

I have been following this topic with interest and it would now appear that "Nong Khai Man" on Thai Visa will now have permission to stay till 31st July unless he has already obtained a 60 day extension from Immigration.
Is this correct?
The Bangkok Post quoted a new date of 31st July yesterday for his situation, I think.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 22, 2020, 8:03 am

Zidane wrote:
April 22, 2020, 7:26 am
I have been following this topic with interest and it would now appear that "Nong Khai Man" on Thai Visa will now have permission to stay till 31st July unless he has already obtained a 60 day extension from Immigration.
Is this correct?
The Bangkok Post quoted a new date of 31st July yesterday for his situation, I think.
What is clear is that if you entered Thailand visa exempt or with a visa AND your permission to stay from that entry is between March 26 and April 30 that your permission to stay will be extended to July 31st once the new order is published in the gazette.

What is not clear is the situation of anyone who has an extension (including the emergency 30 days that was stamped as a an under consideration) from immigration.

What is clear is that if you want to continue to stay in Thailand with a 1 year extension you must renew in the normal way.

The situation of anyone who has applied for short extensions from immigration is that they should contact immigration.

So far there have been no reports that I have seen of immigration replies to those enquires or second applications for short extensions.

I am specifically excluding anyone who has posted about using an agent to evade, avoid rules, Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Edit. It is very probable that if you do not qualify for an extension that your permission to stay is also valid until July 31st. It is most likely that you will have to exit Thailand. If you have a multi entry visa that is still valid you will (subject to any health additions) be able to do a boarder bounce. Others who wish to re-enter will need to get a visa or come back visa exempt, there could be additional health requirements specially if you fly so a land crossing maybe a good choice.

Insufficient funds in a Thai bank can disqualify you from getting an extension.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on April 22, 2020, 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » April 22, 2020, 11:59 am

Maybe ''nong khai man''can update us?

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 22, 2020, 7:27 pm

Yes it would certainly be of interest to 747man there you would think ? ;)

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 22, 2020, 7:45 pm

Oh I just had a look on Thai Visa forum and "Nong Khai Man" is saying he already took out the 60 day extension.
That should take him to around mid June but if he had done nothing he would have had an extended Permission to Stay till 31st July I think.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 22, 2020, 9:11 pm

Zidane wrote:
April 22, 2020, 7:45 pm
Oh I just had a look on Thai Visa forum and "Nong Khai Man" is saying he already took out the 60 day extension.
That should take him to around mid June but if he had done nothing he would have had an extended Permission to Stay till 31st July I think.
Ahhhhh !! Andy ( Are YOU Wearing an Immigration officers Uniform ?? ) I Went to SEE If I Could do a FREE 30 Day Extension on Monday, I Was DENIED That,All that was offered me was the 60 Day Spouse extension Which I Accepted & PAID 1900 Baht For,OR The Yearly Extension Which I Couldn't get Re: Financial...!! So I Had to take the 60 day one as NOBODY ( Including Yourself ) Knew what was going to happen Yesterday,....Hindsight is A WONDERFUL Thing Ain't It ??
I'm Now O.K Until June 29th,But I'll be Staying until JULY 31st ( Like Everyone Else ) IF The Borders are Still not open...

BTW, It Seems that Nong Khai Immigration have a Different set of Rules,THAT Is the reason I Was Denied on my 90 Day Stamp....Well That's What I Was TOLD by the IO & Sorry I DON'T Argue with Them !!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 22, 2020, 9:20 pm

Zidane wrote:
April 22, 2020, 7:45 pm
but if he had done nothing he would have had an extended Permission to Stay till 31st July I think....I Don't Think I Would If what the IO Told me BEFORE I Applied for the 60 Day One was TRUE....Seems Different Offices have Different Rules as STWW Says in his earlier posts !! [-X [-X

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 23, 2020, 6:10 am

It was a tough call but maybe you were a little premature going to Immigration.
Why go on Monday 20th when your visa didn't expire till the 30th ?
I think you are only allowed one 60 day extension on your visa but maybe that will change.
BTW, 60 days from 20th April takes you up to 19th June not 29th June as you posted... worth mentioning ;)

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 23, 2020, 7:11 am

Zidane wrote:
April 23, 2020, 6:10 am

I think you are only allowed one 60 day extension on your visa but maybe that will change.
You are correct, but it is once for an entry to Thailand so can be more than once on a ME Non-O

Due to the current situation there is a possibility that you may be able to get a second 60 day extension, no guarantees, and no report of it happening yet. It will certainly do no harm to try.

You should consider carefully if it is correct for you.

Ubonjoe is of the opinion that if you can not get an extension that your current permission to stay is (or will be once the gazette has published) valid until July 31st.

My opinion is that any one who’s permission to stay is extended in this way must leave Thailand. Then the usual return conditions (Visa/visa exempt) will apply, though there will probably be extra health requirements. I think that a land border crossing will be easier than flying.

If you long term goal is to stay in Thailand and you have been using a multi entry visa from savannakhet You would probably be safer if you get an extension instead.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”