Alcohol sales ban!

General Udon Thani topics only!
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by Khun Paul » April 13, 2020, 6:33 am

Zidane wrote:
April 12, 2020, 10:20 am
No it's not nationwide. There are still some provinces where you can enjoy a Beer Chang...
FB_IMG_1585723252290.jpg
I thought you were talking about ALCOHOL not that weak stuff.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 13, 2020, 6:35 am

One thing is for certain, all Livers etc will be thanking the Thai Government, especially after learning that one old lady passed with liver complications due to drinking TOO MUCH Whiskey.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 13, 2020, 6:38 am

KP
we all gotta go sometime and somehow

Enjoy

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 13, 2020, 6:43 am

Khun Paul wrote:
April 13, 2020, 6:33 am
Zidane wrote:
April 12, 2020, 10:20 am
No it's not nationwide. There are still some provinces where you can enjoy a Beer Chang...
FB_IMG_1585723252290.jpg
I thought you were talking about ALCOHOL not that weak stuff.
KP .. im with Zid with apair of hooters like that who gives a toss what the beers like :lol: :lol:

We all have differing opinions ref beer ..Thai beer to be more precise and to be truthful there isnt a great choice from the big 4 all being lisner lager style , Singha , Chang , Leo ...OK OK timmy Archa as well :shock: .. ive never liked Singha or Leo and Archa is like drinking the roof run off after its rained .. SO FOR ME ITS GOTTA BE CHANG .. thats when i dont have any imported stuff laying about .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 13, 2020, 9:20 am

Living in the boonies of Loei province,my choices are limited to the big three, being Singha, Leo and Chang. I was normally drinking Leo but a good friend of mine drinks Chang. When I stop at his house I get Chang. He says if I want to drink anything else, I have to bring it with me. He has succeeded in changing me to Chang. I'm not a freeloader so I buy him a box of Chang once in a while when I think my box is getting low.

This brings me to today. When I was younger I could get stumbling drunk and still feel good the next day. Now my worn out old body is punishing me for the abuse it has suffered. More than three big bottles and I suffer the next day. I am not able to get too far from the toilet.

When I am on short holidays in Jomtien, I drink SML. It's not that great of beer but my body tolerates it well, meaning no morning after problems. All of the big three give me the same problem and SML is not available here in the boonies. My friend in Chiang Rai drinks Archa. I tolerate Archa pretty well but it too is not available here. I can buy different brands in the super stores but I rarely drink at home, so seldom is there any beer in my fridge. When friends stop by, my wife goes to the local small store and buys whatever they want to drink, normally Leo or Chang. I don't know anyone who drinks Singha but they do sell it too.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 13, 2020, 10:48 am

In some supermarkets they sell Red Horse in cans (alcohol 8%) brewed by San Miguel... it's not a bad tipple....
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » April 13, 2020, 12:50 pm

pal52 wrote:
April 12, 2020, 10:10 am
Below is a list of Provinces with Travel Ban & Alcohol Ban.
All have different dates of the length of time of the ban.
Udon is not listed.
Maybe they have not yet informed the Government.

https://www.tatnews.org/2020/04/tat-upd ... hol-sales/
On the update now all provinces have banned alcohol.
The update lists the length of ban with Udon 30th and Nong Bua & Nong Khai on the 20th.

Also noticed that it is illegal to transport Alcohol during the ban so you can not go to one province & bring it back to another province.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 13, 2020, 1:00 pm

Mrs N has had some workers in who’ve done everything asked plus a few other little jobs I threw their way as they were going round. Five hours later they’ve finished everything & we’re waiting for the boss to turn up & inspect the work so I could pay him. We don’t drink so nothing in the house but Mrs N said could we give them a beer. I said yes, but she’d be hard pressed to get any. Don’t know who she called but a case of Leo arrived in a tuktuk within 10 minutes 😳
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 13, 2020, 1:06 pm

Niggly wrote:
April 13, 2020, 1:00 pm
Mrs N has had some workers in who’ve done everything asked plus a few other little jobs I threw their way as they were going round. Five hours later they’ve finished everything & we’re waiting for the boss to turn up & inspect the work so I could pay him. We don’t drink so nothing in the house but Mrs N said could we give them a beer. I said yes, but she’d be hard pressed to get any. Don’t know who she called but a case of Leo arrived in a tuktuk within 10 minutes 😳
[-X TIT

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 13, 2020, 1:25 pm

So is the tuk tuk driver delivering every 15 mins now Niggly

fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Post by fredwilliams » April 13, 2020, 1:40 pm

Tis a fine day to be walking outside with your unprotected passport stuck to your forehead.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » April 13, 2020, 2:07 pm

Went to Villa and Makro today,
The Bad News:
both have signs No Alcohol sales between now and April 30

Figure how bad could the Flu be?

Good news
can still get beer & Regency a couple or 3 houses down the soi from me. \:D/

iPa41000
udonmap.com

Post by iPa41000 » April 13, 2020, 5:07 pm

pal52 wrote:
April 13, 2020, 12:50 pm
Also noticed that it is illegal to transport Alcohol during the ban so you can not go to one province & bring it back to another province.
Hi, where did you get this information?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 13, 2020, 5:24 pm

Zidane wrote:
April 13, 2020, 10:48 am
In some supermarkets they sell Red Horse in cans (alcohol 8%) brewed by San Miguel... it's not a bad tipple....
...until you wake up the following afternoon maybe.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » April 13, 2020, 6:26 pm

iPa41000 wrote:
April 13, 2020, 5:07 pm
pal52 wrote:
It is the standard clause by the Government to deliberately stop Alcohol being used at Songkran Parties etc.
Search on google and you will find it.

It is illegal to transport alcohol to your friends house during the ban so you can not hold a party.
It actually makes sense if you have a Alcohol Ban trying to stop parties etc.

One example which is the standard part of the alcohol ban is below which even though it is Pattaya it is nationwide whilst a ban is enforced.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/alcoho ... aya-295197

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 13, 2020, 7:33 pm

pal52 wrote:
April 13, 2020, 6:26 pm
iPa41000 wrote:
April 13, 2020, 5:07 pm
pal52 wrote:
It is the standard clause by the Government to deliberately stop Alcohol being used at Songkran Parties etc.
Search on google and you will find it.

It is illegal to transport alcohol to your friends house during the ban so you can not hold a party.
It actually makes sense if you have a Alcohol Ban trying to stop parties etc.

One example which is the standard part of the alcohol ban is below which even though it is Pattaya it is nationwide whilst a ban is enforced.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/alcoho ... aya-295197
Yes you are correct .. My business partners /importers in Bkk were officially informed and told to pass on this to any distributors and sub agents. The transportation and /or distribution of alcohol is strictly forbidden during the ban , makes no difference if you are a registered company or general public . You can be fined and goods confiscated and vehicle can be seized..serious sh8t.

Each province is different but we decided to follow this until 30th April and then re check reference being able to travel carrying alcohol thereafter.

DM,

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 13, 2020, 8:21 pm

Why am I not surprised.......

"You can be fined and goods confiscated"

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 14, 2020, 8:35 am

It is really to be expected, when you look into the Thai Psyche, they normally look at all laws and rules and decide which ones they are going to follow or not, take driving etc . So therefore the Thai Government knowing its citizens will disobey all rules or laws clamping down on Songkran activities, even though it has been cancelled , matters not a jot to the public that small part is irrelevant . Was to rattle the cage as it were.
So the only way to curtail partying activities is to actually BAN alcohol, un-precedented in many countries but here a needed act to assist the Curfew and Emergency decree, or else the Prisons and Police Gaols would be overrun . How can you fine people who have nothing .
We may not like it personally does not worry me at all , but it is needed.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » April 14, 2020, 8:41 am

Khun Paul wrote:
April 14, 2020, 8:35 am
It is really to be expected, when you look into the Thai Psyche, they normally look at all laws and rules and decide which ones they are going to follow or not, take driving etc . So therefore the Thai Government knowing its citizens will disobey all rules or laws clamping down on Songkran activities, even though it has been cancelled , matters not a jot to the public that small part is irrelevant . Was to rattle the cage as it were.
So the only way to curtail partying activities is to actually BAN alcohol, un-precedented in many countries but here a needed act to assist the Curfew and Emergency decree, or else the Prisons and Police Gaols would be overrun . How can you fine people who have nothing .
Not yet a civilized society.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 14, 2020, 8:49 am

Khun Paul wrote:
April 14, 2020, 8:35 am

KP all that said ... the powers that be gave ample days notice of the upcoming ban so people who wished to had plenty of time to stock up rather defeats the object of a ban to cover the SK period doesnt it ?

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”