Window Tinting

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Chriss
udonmap.com

Window Tinting

Post by Chriss » April 4, 2020, 7:30 am

Can car window tinting be replaced? Our truck tinting is bubbling in a few places and scratched on the windshield. If so any ideas of a price for a 4 door pickup. I know of the accessory shops on Soi Pokanusorn but any recommendations would be nice. Thanks in advance.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Window Tinting

Post by Khun Paul » April 4, 2020, 8:20 am

Suggest you go to the Car Glass people on the Ring Road , same side as Tool Pro but nearer to the Sam Prao traffic lights.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 4, 2020, 9:18 am

Near an individual stand in town are auto shops
One ther replaced tint for me
Price depends on quality

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 4, 2020, 9:26 am

The windscreen place on the ringroad is expensive , but they use top quality materials .
Most of the auto shops selling bumpers and stuff on the road from the K I N G roundabout to central will do windscreen tint
The first one is where a lot of dealers go with their new sales .
No idea of price , it really depends on what you choose to put on and its U V values .
As they have to remove the old and get the adhesive off the glass , you will probably have to leave it for the day .
I think maybe 4000 to 6000 for the whole truck would be around the price .
Who knows they may be quiet and cut you a good deal .

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » April 4, 2020, 2:26 pm

Thanks for the info, I guess the road you're describing is Pokanusorn. I've had work done there before but don't remember seeing tinting. I'll have another look, when I'm allowed out.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 4, 2020, 2:56 pm

Very easily, I've had 2 vehicles re-tinted - One in Perth WA and the other here in Ban Dung. They use a chemical called "Cloudy Ammonia", seems to turn the tint to mush and they clean it off with soapy water. No scraping required.

The guy in Ban Dung stripped the old and had the new on in about 4 hours and that was some 5 years ago = still perfect!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 4, 2020, 3:05 pm

saint wrote:
April 4, 2020, 9:26 am
The windscreen place on the ringroad is expensive , but they use top quality materials .
Most of the auto shops selling bumpers and stuff on the road from the K I N G roundabout to central will do windscreen tint
The first one is where a lot of dealers go with their new sales .
No idea of price , it really depends on what you choose to put on and its U V values .
As they have to remove the old and get the adhesive off the glass , you will probably have to leave it for the day .
I think maybe 4000 to 6000 for the whole truck would be around the price .
Who knows they may be quiet and cut you a good deal .
That is the place that did mine
about 5 hours remove and replace

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 5, 2020, 11:27 am

Chris , please report back if you get it done , regarding costs and quality .

Barney
udonmap.com

Window Tinting

Post by Barney » April 5, 2020, 12:27 pm

The place is Udon Auto Glass where others have mentioned. They have a website and Facebook page.
Replaced the film on our new car a few years ago now because the missus ordered the car with a very dark shade. Couldn’t see at night out the side front windows. She finally got the hint she was wrong, (as many know it’s hard to have your missus say she is wrong), when I drove around with the windows open at night. I’m a stubborn bastard at times as well.
Any way there are different types of film. The cheap ones only give a dark shade and no real ultraviolet protection.
The more expensive films provide both ultraviolet and heat reduction.
They had a stand setup with different heat lamps to prove what’s protection is available and assist in choosing.
It is expensive but for me was worthwhile having the higher grade film applied. A less shade of dark is required with the more expensive product. You get what you pay for.
Do some homework and go talk to them about what’s in store and how much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » April 5, 2020, 12:43 pm

Just letting all know that all glass a d plastic cuts out 93% of UV rays so no point spending heaps on extra UV protection as 7% will never hurt you.

Agree Barney with dark tint at night. Very dangerous and even worse when raining.
Mick

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 5, 2020, 1:00 pm

Hi Mick,
Your opening this thread up to all the Carona bored experts sitting back with nothing to expert about. 555
You are almost correct but I think to general.
UVA and UVB are different cattle.
Laminated windscreens do protect you almost 100% from both, must be the laminations, but some side windows and sunroof windows do allow one of those UV types to enter.
Have never understood the need or reason some people want to put film on windscreens. But each to their own.
My missus has a car wash and I have moved many cars on and off the ramp and cannot believe some of the dark tinting the Thais have on their windscreen. Not a lot but enough to show it’s a dangerous risk, to you and me, some are taking driving at night.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » April 5, 2020, 1:03 pm

Barney,
i love fishing and get plenty of bites here. 55
Mick

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 5, 2020, 1:45 pm

Barney wrote:
April 5, 2020, 1:00 pm
Hi Mick,
Your opening this thread up to all the Carona bored experts sitting back with nothing to expert about. 555
You are almost correct but I think to general.
UVA and UVB are different cattle.
Laminated windscreens do protect you almost 100% from both, must be the laminations, but some side windows and sunroof windows do allow one of those UV types to enter.
Have never understood the need or reason some people want to put film on windscreens. But each to their own.
My missus has a car wash and I have moved many cars on and off the ramp and cannot believe some of the dark tinting the Thais have on their windscreen. Not a lot but enough to show it’s a dangerous risk, to you and me, some are taking driving at night.

For me it is not for the UV that I put the film on the windscreen. It is the large reduction in IR.

Prior to putting the film on the pickup, the top surface of the dashboard got uncomfortably hot to the touch, now it just gets warm.

We don’t have good film on the car and it can get uncomfortable if the sun is in the wrong direction.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 5, 2020, 2:06 pm

noosard wrote:
April 4, 2020, 9:18 am
Price depends on quality
Popped into there to ask while waiting to have new tyres fitted ,a quick quote of 3000 was given. Need to go back as forgot to ask how many windows . Want it more for the IR as the tint I have as already turned completely clear, the air con good but I have to leave the window open for 15 min just to get the 500f temp down,it's a bleeding oven
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 5, 2020, 3:28 pm

papafarang wrote:
April 5, 2020, 2:06 pm
it's a bleeding oven
Overspill pie baking?
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 5, 2020, 3:35 pm

papafarang wrote:
noosard wrote:
Price depends on quality
Popped into there to ask while waiting to have new tyres fitted ,a quick quote of 3000 was given. Need to go back as forgot to ask how many windows . Want it more for the IR as the tint I have as already turned completely clear, the air con good but I have to leave the window open for 15 min just to get the 500f temp down,it's a bleeding oven
It’s likely to be all windows and be a cheaper film, but any tint. The better films can have an 80%~95% IR cut and look almost clear. It’s not the shade that does the work. The cheaper filmed use a dye the more expensive use fine (nano) particles of things like silver or ceramics.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 6, 2020, 12:01 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
April 5, 2020, 3:35 pm
papafarang wrote:
noosard wrote:
Price depends on quality
It’s likely to be all windows and be a cheaper film, but any tint. The better films can have an 80%~95% IR cut and look almost clear. It’s not the shade that does the work. The cheaper filmed use a dye the more expensive use fine (nano) particles of things like silver or ceramics.
I prefer a lighter tint, eyes not so good and no way wanting the front window tinting, just a six inch blind will do in the front. Hopefully keep it cool enough to be able to touch the steering wheel . Went out yesterday and had to open all four windows just to cool it down. Unfortunately the car sits in full sun most of the day
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 6, 2020, 1:53 pm

papafarang wrote:
April 6, 2020, 12:01 pm

I prefer a lighter tint, eyes not so good and no way wanting the front window tinting, just a six inch blind will do in the front. Hopefully keep it cool enough to be able to touch the steering wheel . Went out yesterday and had to open all four windows just to cool it down. Unfortunately the car sits in full sun most of the day
That is what we have on the front. It’s the medium expensive tint which has about a 10 to 20 % light cut but about an 80% IR cut And we have the darker strip at the top, which is great fo night driving as I can just sit higher and then it’s like sunglasses.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 8, 2020, 8:49 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
April 6, 2020, 1:53 pm
papafarang wrote:
April 6, 2020, 12:01 pm

That is what we have on the front. It’s the medium expensive tint which has about a 10 to 20 % light cut but about an 80% IR cut And we have the darker strip at the top, which is great fo night driving as I can just sit higher and then it’s like sunglasses.
That's what I'm looking to do

Return to “Travel & Transport”