Curfew

cambsangler
udonmap.com

Curfew

Post by cambsangler » May 23, 2014, 8:54 am

I read in the BKK Post that there is a 10pm-5am curfew. Is this just in BKK or is it nationwide?

Svein66
udonmap.com

Curfew

Post by Svein66 » May 23, 2014, 8:58 am

It`s nationwide.

cambsangler
udonmap.com

Curfew

Post by cambsangler » May 23, 2014, 9:03 am

Svein66 wrote:It`s nationwide.
I guessed as much but had seen nothing to suggest either way.

Udon Map
Admin

Curfew

Post by Udon Map » May 23, 2014, 9:23 am

Thank you all for your discretion and understanding. Udon Map is officially considered part of the media by the government and military; and, as you know, the media is currently subject to greatly increased scrutiny. For now, we will continue to be fairly aggressive in removing posts which the military would consider inappropriate, in order to avoid being shut down. And, as stated elsewhere, comments related to H.M. and the Royal Family are inappropriate for Udon Map. Thank you again for your assistance.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Curfew

Post by Khun Paul » May 29, 2014, 8:48 am

Read today on the Wall St Journal as well as the nation newspaper on line that the CURFEW IS NOW Midnight to 0400hrs.
A distinct change I would say.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Curfew

Post by papaguido » May 29, 2014, 9:04 am

Khun Paul wrote:Read today on the Wall St Journal as well as the nation newspaper on line that the CURFEW IS NOW Midnight to 0400hrs.
A distinct change I would say.
Almost old news :-"
by Zidane » May 28, 2014, 9:13 am

Beginning 28/05/14 the nationwide curfew will be between 0001-0400. Other details unchanged.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Curfew

Post by Khun Paul » May 29, 2014, 10:16 am

yes but now it is well published, a certainty not a thought.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Curfew

Post by tamada » April 2, 2020, 12:56 am

Bump!

Mrs tam mentioned that there will be a 10 PM - 5 AM curfew in Udon according to something she was reading on her smartphone a wee while ago.

Confirmation and details from the usual reliable UM sources will follow but this was in Bangkok Post earlier today.

"In Udon Thani, the provincial governor, Nirat Pongsitthithaworn, ordered a similar closure of all restaurants, convenience and grocery stores, between 10pm and 5am until April 30."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... i%E2%80%AC

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 2, 2020, 6:34 am

Mrs M got the same message, on close inspection it didn’t hold up as genuine, I hope I’m right, but the 10pm close for convenience stores etc has been in the pipeline a while now. It would be a bit odd to be crowing that there were no new cases of the virus for 7 days then put the town on curfew, unless of course it was to stop the celebrations along with a booze ban.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 2, 2020, 6:44 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 2, 2020, 6:34 am
Mrs M got the same message, on close inspection it didn’t hold up as genuine, I hope I’m right, but the 10pm close for convenience stores has been in the pipeline a while now. It would be a bit odd to be crowing that there were no new cases then put the town on curfew, unless of course it was to stop the celebrations along with a booze ban.
Dao mentioned an overnight curfew 10 to 5 which in truth wouldnt effect many and as i posted previously the move towards curfews and alcohol bans IMO is to try to curb people trying to celebrate the cancelled Songhkran mid April..and reading parrots post and how the Americans allowed the March spring break parties SK needs to be firmly squashed this year to avoid huge cluster out breaks nationwide... im predicting a large number of people will try to celebrate especially in rural areas as well as a few idiots in the cities n towns.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 2, 2020, 6:52 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 2, 2020, 6:44 am
vincemunday wrote:
Mrs M got the same message, on close inspection it didn’t hold up as genuine, I hope I’m right, but the 10pm close for convenience stores has been in the pipeline a while now. It would be a bit odd to be crowing that there were no new cases then put the town on curfew, unless of course it was to stop the celebrations along with a booze ban.
Dao mentioned an overnight curfew 10 to 5 which in truth wouldnt effect many and as i posted previously the move towards curfews and alcohol bans IMO is to try to curb people trying to celebrate the cancelled Songhkran mid April..and reading parrots post and how the Americans allowed the March spring break parties SK needs to be firmly squashed this year to avoid huge cluster out breaks nationwide... im predicting a large number of people will try to celebrate especially in rural areas as well as a few idiots in the cities n towns.

DM
The said text didn’t look real to me Jon but we will know soon enough because the owners of the local forums will be told.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 2, 2020, 7:02 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 2, 2020, 6:52 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 2, 2020, 6:44 am
vincemunday wrote:

DM
The said text didn’t look real to me Jon but we will know soon enough because the owners of the local forums will be told.
agreed thats what Dao commented this isnt official and wasnt right .. a curfew would have to be in the form of an official governors headed letter not anything else...

Province by province seems like differing decree regs being implemented curfews , booze bans restaurant fully closed partially closed , convenience stores closed over night but open in some places and even yesterday no more new restrictions in Bkk as case numbers had stablelized there.

We are in unchartered waters and very strange times

DM

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 2, 2020, 7:05 am

I follow about 6 Udon Thai websites for news......but didn't see anything about a curfew in Udon......yet.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 2, 2020, 7:06 am

More to the point there’s nothing in the Bangkok post and I’m sure there would be, a curfew of Udon is big news.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » April 2, 2020, 7:18 am

bangkok ...https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... t#cxrecs_s , went out to buy some tiles yesterday, everything closed , boonthavorn,dohome,homehub , global,thaiwatsa ,homepro...,shop full of customers was biglot , according to one who works there are not affected to close as they are not air conditioned and have a very high ceiling ?...went also to tile shops next to the road who were open as usual ;)

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » April 2, 2020, 8:09 am

The wife's niece and also a neighbor lady told me the curfew here in NongKhai is 7am to 7pm

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 2, 2020, 9:24 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 2, 2020, 7:06 am
More to the point there’s nothing in the Bangkok post and I’m sure there would be, a curfew of Udon is big news.
Although I didn't see what Mrs tam was referencing, to my jaded, cynical eye, there's not a lot of official Thai stuff on smartphones and internet that looks in any way official.

See my thread bump and the link in it. Scroll down and you will see the quote I lifted regarding the Udon Thani provincial governor's statement.

A curfew on business operating hours is effectively a curfew on people movement. Maybe the locals are being more prescient than we give them credit for and they are making the most of the poorly enforced daylight operating restrictions as evidenced by DM's traffic jammed traffic lights?

With the ratcheting up of scattergun alcohol restictions, it is simply a matter of when rather than if. As DM says, Songkran will be the social distancing time bomb but shutting it down will be easy. They did it because of a water shortage a few years ago and we have Covid-19 AND a water shortage now.

Anyway, parrot will be the harbinger of winter as he has his finger on Udon's official pulse better than most of our wives.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 2, 2020, 11:18 am

tamada wrote:
April 2, 2020, 9:24 am
vincemunday wrote:
Although I didn't see what Mrs tam was referencing, to my jaded, cynical eye, there's not a lot of official Thai stuff on smartphones and internet that looks in any way official.

See my thread bump and the link in it. Scroll down and you will see the quote I lifted regarding the Udon Thani provincial governor's statement.

A curfew on business operating hours is effectively a curfew on people movement. Maybe the locals are being more prescient than we give them credit for and they are making the most of the poorly enforced daylight operating restrictions as evidenced by DM's traffic jammed traffic lights?

With the ratcheting up of scattergun alcohol restictions, it is simply a matter of when rather than if. As DM says, Songkran will be the social distancing time bomb but shutting it down will be easy. They did it because of a water shortage a few years ago and we have Covid-19 AND a water shortage now.

Anyway, parrot will be the harbinger of winter as he has his finger on Udon's official pulse better than most of our wives.
Read BKK Post there it was as a paragraph, Udon Thani Curfew 2200- 0500 everything shut !

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 2, 2020, 11:24 am

Khun Paul wrote:
April 2, 2020, 11:18 am
tamada wrote:
April 2, 2020, 9:24 am
vincemunday wrote:

Read BKK Post there it was as a paragraph, Udon Thani Curfew 2200- 0500 everything shut !
Cant recall that .. LINK ?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 2, 2020, 11:25 am

I know it's difficult for you Paul but read up above, we've already established the convenience shops etc are closing, this doesn't constitute a curfew. If you're going to try to score points (again) make sure your info is right.
Attachments
20200402_112749.jpg

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”