Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

noosard
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by noosard » March 26, 2020, 10:06 am

This from a country that has none in hospital yet

NZ cant have then in hospital
not enough protective gear
1 sister works naiper hos nurse no jump suits or boots
1 sister hamilton community dental closed no protective clothes
1 sister Tauranga hos admin short on protective clothes
wtf no customers yet but cant service them safely anyway
wtf
niece in mel says orders of protective gear coming fro china
slow boat
wtf
:violence-hammer: :violence-hammer: :violence-hammer: :violence-hammer:

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Coronavirus Policy - update

Post by Khun Paul » March 26, 2020, 11:01 am

Interesting this morning, went to Makro early to avoid crowds, checked on entering, following Makro Policy, clean hands and wearing a face mask.
However I noticed Thais entering NOT wearing a face mask. so asked to speak to a member oif staff, who duly arrived and I explained the Policy at the door and that the Guards are ignoring it. She tried to say well the Management have to decide. I quoted the Emergency decree and said if you PUT on the Door face Masks then people entering should comply. I then asked if I was not wearing a Face mask would I be allowed to enter, she replied NO.
I said there you are it does not say Farang wear mask, but everyone which includes THAIS. She agreed.

So be warned folks

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 26, 2020, 11:08 am

noosard wrote:
March 26, 2020, 10:06 am
This from a country that has none in hospital yet

NZ cant have then in hospital
not enough protective gear
1 sister works naiper hos nurse no jump suits or boots
1 sister hamilton community dental closed no protective clothes
1 sister Tauranga hos admin short on protective clothes
wtf no customers yet but cant service them safely anyway
wtf
niece in mel says orders of protective gear coming fro china
slow boat
wtf
:violence-hammer: :violence-hammer: :violence-hammer: :violence-hammer:
So it's a shortcoming of ALL governments worldwide and not just Boris Johnson' and the Tory's poor effort as the whining Corbynista's and certain politically driven NHS mouthpieces would have us believe.

There's a popular bit of disinformation going the rounds, in the format of a shared post on social media, that suggests this is a Chinese master plan to counter their loss to the US on the trade war. Basically kill some if their own while already holding the cure, let the contagion spread, wrecking the EU and US economies while magically emerging as the global saviour with all the PPE, vaccines, consumer goods and manpower that the west desperately needs.

It was mostly a good read with some handily timed events cited to lend some credibility but when it wandered off to suggest that Pelosi conspired with Xi, Putin and North Korea's despot to punish Trump for beating Hillary AND their impeachment efforts and somehow ensuring his electoral defeat this year... well I guess self-isolation can bring out the patently absurd in everyone.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 26, 2020, 11:12 am

In the meantime, are there any members here who are concerned enough and wish to join me in an earnest search for KP's funny bone?

Only serious enquiries please.

ta
Tam

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 26, 2020, 11:31 am

Not the only one missing them

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Re: Corona Virus / Covid important Information

Post by tinpeeba » March 26, 2020, 3:07 pm

Russian disinformation about coronavirus
Kremlin disinformation.jpg

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 26, 2020, 3:28 pm

Proof positive that Russia does have spies in US ............ there is NO way they could have bee mimicking what came out of the White House that closely without "insider" knowledge

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 26, 2020, 4:59 pm

A kilometre long hospital Ward to treat the victims of Corona Virus, 560,000 volunteers to help treat them, Britain goes into top gear, at long last

Inside the UK's coronavirus super-hospital

https://news.sky.com/video/share-11963770
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 26, 2020, 5:29 pm

Have 15 out siders in our village now whistler
and all thai no falangs
will keep you updated how village police work

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 26, 2020, 6:28 pm

mickojak wrote:
March 26, 2020, 6:26 am
stattointhailand wrote:
March 25, 2020, 10:42 pm
mickojak wrote:
March 21, 2020, 6:47 pm
Chloroquinie is widely available here.
My wife bought 100 tablet for 5bht each.
Go get some
Be crazy not to.
Mick
couple in US took POTUS 's "good hunch" and tried taking the drug refered to in the 3rd image (phosphate variety). Old man is dead and wife seriously ill ............. Please people ONLY take drugs when a doctor says they are safe.

Item Chloroquine phosphate is to remove bacteria from fish tanks
How dare you put my comment with yours.
Those people took chloroquine phosphate, not chloroquine as my text suggested.
Chloroquine is becoming rapidy used and accepted as a cure for coronavirus all around the world soince my post.

Moderator, can you please remove his comment as it is offensive and disgusting.
Mick
Did not intend to upset anyone Mick, the reason for quoting your post was to show the 3rd image you attached .... the one that clearly stated chloroquine phosphate which is exactly what this couple took

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 26, 2020, 7:22 pm

noosard wrote:
March 26, 2020, 5:29 pm
and all thai no falangs
The police do bugger all. Mrs tam says that it's the puyai bahn that returners and visitors need to check in with.

Mind you it's tough. My mate has an apartment complex that he runs with his wife. They have both been upping the pressure on the residents including using the handwash basin at the small, on-site convenience store and locking the gate to limit walk-ins. Most are happy to comply. However he bailed up his wife when her cousin dropped by and didn't do the hand-washing like everyone else and more importantly, wasn't told to. "She's my cousin, it's OK" his wife said.

Back to square 1.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » March 26, 2020, 7:30 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
March 26, 2020, 6:28 pm
mickojak wrote:
March 26, 2020, 6:26 am
stattointhailand wrote:
March 25, 2020, 10:42 pm
mickojak wrote:
March 21, 2020, 6:47 pm
Chloroquinie is widely available here.
My wife bought 100 tablet for 5bht each.
Go get some
Be crazy not to.
Mick
couple in US took POTUS 's "good hunch" and tried taking the drug refered to in the 3rd image (phosphate variety). Old man is dead and wife seriously ill ............. Please people ONLY take drugs when a doctor says they are safe.

Item Chloroquine phosphate is to remove bacteria from fish tanks
How dare you put my comment with yours.
Those people took chloroquine phosphate, not chloroquine as my text suggested.
Chloroquine is becoming rapidy used and accepted as a cure for coronavirus all around the world soince my post.

Moderator, can you please remove his comment as it is offensive and disgusting.
Mick
Did not intend to upset anyone Mick, the reason for quoting your post was to show the 3rd image you attached .... the one that clearly stated chloroquine phosphate which is exactly what this couple took
Statto,
Apology very much accepted and probably not warranted as you are correct and one of my attachments did mention Chloroquine Phospate.
My apology to you.
Good job of picking that up

Don't see enough of this in this forum
Thanks
Mick

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 26, 2020, 8:06 pm

no probs mate, just hope everyone can come out the other side of this in the not too distant future and get back to enjoying life

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 26, 2020, 9:11 pm

tamada wrote:
March 26, 2020, 7:22 pm
noosard wrote:
and all thai no falangs
The police do bugger all. Mrs tam says that it's the puyai bahn that returners and visitors need to check in with.

Mind you it's tough. My mate has an apartment complex that he runs with his wife. They have both been upping the pressure on the residents including using the handwash basin at the small, on-site convenience store and locking the gate to limit walk-ins. Most are happy to comply. However he bailed up his wife when her cousin dropped by and didn't do the hand-washing like everyone else and more importantly, wasn't told to. "She's my cousin, it's OK" his wife said.

Back to square 1.
In my village they take it seriously
poo ya baan is the boss and any reports to him of failing to comply will be dealt with
the boys in brown will take over

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » March 26, 2020, 11:25 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
March 26, 2020, 3:28 pm
Proof positive that Russia does have spies in US ............ there is NO way they could have bee mimicking what came out of the White House that closely without "insider" knowledge
Of course Russia has spies in the U.S., just as the Americans have spies in Russia. But could the Russians have just seen this on CNN? Fox?

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » March 26, 2020, 11:42 pm

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam says that Covid-19 Curfew, if imposed, should be a 24-hour lockdown

From The Nation

DPM.jpg
Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam

If the government imposed a curfew, it should be round-the-clock, said Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam today (March 25).

Curfews enforced in the past were for reasons of national security with duration of curfew hours. But to deal with a virus, which can infect people at all time, it should be 24 hours, he said. However, even if occurs, there will be timeframe/s where people are allowed to leave their homes to buy foods and for logistics firms to deliver consumer goods, he added.

He said currently Thailand is not under a lockdown as people can still return to the country. The government has also allowed many venues to continue operations, including factories, banks, pharmacies, financial institutions, eateries, and shops that sell necessary consumer items, he added. He said the government did not announce a curfew today, adding that the declaration of a curfew and a state of emergency is not the same.

The Cabinet on Tuesday approved the government's proposal to invoke the emergency decree which will be enforced from March 26 (tomorrow) until April 30.Following the state of emergency declaration, Thailand will close all ports of entry for travellers with the exception of those granted entry permits by the prime minister, shippers, non-Thais with work permits, embassy staff and representatives of international bodies and foreign governments. He added that the state of emergency decree mainly deal with banning, permitting, and disallowing activities in society.

It prohibits entry into high-risk venues ordered closed temporarily by provincial governors. The governors of other provinces, where the closure order is not in force, should consider following suit to create a concerted front in the fight against Covid-19.

In term of what people should do, he said they should stay at home except for essential travels such as going to see a doctor. He advised the three high-risk groups - people aged over 70, those with existing illness such as diabetes, respiratory problems, and children under 5 years of age - to stay home at all time.

He added that the government did not ban people from travelling to other provinces but measures will be implemented to make such outings less convenient. Checkpoints will be set up on the ways to see if travellers are wearing masks and temperature scanning will also be conducted selectively. They will also be required to download an application to track their locations.

Thailand's total number of Covid-19 cases rose to 934, after 107 new infections were confirmed over a 24-hour period, Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman for the Ministry of Public Health, said on Wednesday (March 25).

Courtesy of The Nation
https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384825

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » March 27, 2020, 7:30 am

Does anyone know if they are sick they can get the hydroxychloroquine ? in hospital or is there somewhere you can buy it ?
Does thailand have a good stock of it ?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 27, 2020, 9:47 am

This makes grim reading, things are not great in the USA albeit the percentage of people dying of COVID is less than most. Anyone who believes the hot weather theory should take a good look at Florida.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200327-094220_Chrome.jpg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 27, 2020, 10:06 am

noosard wrote:
March 26, 2020, 9:11 pm
tamada wrote:
March 26, 2020, 7:22 pm
noosard wrote:
and all thai no falangs

Back to square 1.
In my village they take it seriously
poo ya baan is the boss and any reports to him of failing to comply will be dealt with
the boys in brown will take over
Sorry yes, that's what I meant. The local admin is responsible for identifying the miscreants to the police. Our moobahn also seems to be very hot on this which is a blessing.

Keep washing your hands and talking loudly, repetitively and annoyingly about it whenever you can. It's working on a couple of the kids here!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 27, 2020, 2:42 pm

Just been thinking that a UK style crackdown would never work here .....

"Stay at home and only go out for essential food shopping" ??

In my village that's just about every Thai at least 4 or 5 times EVERY Day :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”