Quality is best done first

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Re: covid-19 mask

Post by Stantheman » March 25, 2020, 8:02 pm

laksnrub wrote:
March 25, 2020, 3:56 pm
Still mask at Villa 5 paper disposable B10 pack, AEK shop cloth mask B20
Unfortunately none of these type masks will stop the coronavirus, best for dust and large particles.

laksnrub
udonmap.com

Post by laksnrub » March 25, 2020, 10:44 pm

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 26, 2020, 7:54 am

Masks are not to stop you catching the virus ,they are intended to stop you spreading the virus. If you want to avoid breathing it in then two choices. Either buy a respirator or stay home
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 26, 2020, 8:23 am

We know they are useless, Farang wearing a mask does not set us above the Thais as they perceive us to be by not using them. Not much of a price to pay for social harmony in these times.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

noosard
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by noosard » March 31, 2020, 8:20 am

As for N95 masks, 400,000 of them have been procured from China in a government-to-government deal costing 1.5 billion baht to compensate for dwindling supplies from the American multinational conglomerate 3M Company, said Dr Sukhum Kanchanapimai, permanent secretary for public health.

some profit taking here

THB 615.00 - ‎Out of stock
Respiratory Protection Mask (20/Pack) 3M 8210 N95. * Particle respirator for PM2.5 and PM10 particle dust such as cement dust, metal fume, and chemical

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 31, 2020, 8:46 am

Have my math skills gone off with age 1.5 Billion Baht Divided by 400,000 masks is $117USD each The Bangkok post reports for n95 Masks Whereas in the USA a mask cost 58 cents
So we have a 20,170% mark up

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 1, 2020, 9:53 am

The mask issue gets a bit more bandwidth from interesting quarters.

Face masks: have we been asking the wrong question all along?

Officials in the UK say face masks don't protect us. In China they agree but wear them because they protect others

"It is a matter of orthodoxy at the UK Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) that surgical facemasks are a no-no as far as the public are concerned. Officials have long taken the view that paper masks do not protect against viruses and do not hold emergency stocks of them.

That thinking, like so much else, is now being tested. On Tuesday, the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) – a long standing ally of Whitehall in the no-mask camp – was reported to be about to change its advice. Surgical masks should be used, not for personal protection, but to protect others from Covid-19, it was expected to announce."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-heal ... ion-along/

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » April 1, 2020, 12:32 pm

A Doctor Explains How to Make the Safest Face Mask
https://youtu.be/W6d3twpHwis

This video drew a great many useful comments and questions that may be found at
https://ai-jane.org/thread-15085-post-2 ... #pid282460

dragonz
udonmap.com

Re: Beware of Lazada.

Post by dragonz » April 2, 2020, 7:21 am

seems like lazada has done it again or more precise thai people have done it again . Wondered why i searched for face masks on lazada just got a blank page . Looked on lazada philippines lots of masks , shoppee and ali express lots of mask but more expensive . Googled it and found that on lazada thailand the shops were price gouging and lazada was stopped from selling the masks and 3 shops and the ceo are being prosecuted by the thai government . Why always thailand ???

http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detai ... 2145132668

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 2, 2020, 10:46 am

dragonz wrote:
April 2, 2020, 7:21 am
seems like lazada has done it again or more precise thai people have done it again . Wondered why i searched for face masks on lazada just got a blank page . Looked on lazada philippines lots of masks , shoppee and ali express lots of mask but more expensive . Googled it and found that on lazada thailand the shops were price gouging and lazada was stopped from selling the masks and 3 shops and the ceo are being prosecuted by the thai government . Why always thailand ???

What do you mean 'why always Thailand'?

Would you be more upset if this was being reported but the Thai authorities were doing nothing about it?

Rhetorical question, never mind. If you don't like it here, etc., etc., etc..

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » April 2, 2020, 6:08 pm

Interesting news for those who never miss a chance to pedantically point out to others that wearing face masks is futile:
Claim: ‘Face masks don’t work’
Wearing a face mask is certainly not an iron-clad guarantee that you won’t get sick – viruses can also transmit through the eyes and tiny viral particles, known as aerosols, can penetrate masks.
However, masks are effective at capturing droplets, which is a main transmission route of coronavirus, and some studies have estimated a roughly fivefold protection versus no barrier
(my emphasis)
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... ths-busted

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 2, 2020, 6:10 pm

tamada wrote:
April 2, 2020, 10:46 am
dragonz wrote:
April 2, 2020, 7:21 am

What do you mean 'why always Thailand'?

Would you be more upset if this was being reported but the Thai authorities were doing nothing about it?

Rhetorical question, never mind. If you don't like it here, etc., etc., etc..
there you go again one of the ones mentioned in the nasty thread . You have posted nothing again just want to slag me off ???!!!
I say thailand because it always seems to be thailand that do these things . Lazada philippines , malaysia , singapore , ali express , shoppee all have masks at a cheap price but in their own countries . Only lazada thailand does not have masks . What bit of that do you not understand ?
Then you come out with the obscene hated if you dont like it go home just for reporting a fact on a forum.
I dont like thai children killed on the roads or drowning or abused so i should go home but you obviously like these things to stay here .
I do not have any masks and was wondering why lazada did not have any and you took this chance just to attack me again . Why udon map allow you on here i dont know

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 3, 2020, 9:59 am

tamada wrote:
April 2, 2020, 8:50 pm
^ Oh... I'm not?

Gutted I am, gutted.
I have read lots of your post and most of them have nothing to do with the topic but just to slag off the poster. Why do you do it ? There was nothing wrong with my post . Thailand seems to do this type of thing all the time .
This was only thailand . lazada philippines . malaysia , singapore etc all have masks at reasonable price . Only THAILAND does not on any website! Do you understand this . It is only thailand where you cannot buy masks online from inside thailand .I looked for hours yesterday .
I just ordered 30 masks from shoppee , come from china fro 300 baht. Normal price 25 baht for 10 . Bangood (expensive)ali express all are selling masks but come from outside thailand .
How come bangood and aliexpress , shoppee are allowed to hike the price while lazada cannot ? Why stop all masks on lazada and leave the cheaper shops ?All stinks of thai corruption . I have been told by thia people that the government sold all the masks to china who now sell back to thailand at inflated prices .
How come all these countries have masks but thailand does not.
I class myself as a good person but am hated by the clique on here because i care about people esp children .
My family does not have 1 mask and i cannot get any so why slag me off for that . You are some nasty piece of work \TAMADA
PS
If you don't like it here, etc., etc., etc.. We all know what that means . It is the most hated arrogant rude thing that could ever be posted on a thai forum and posted by the worst kind of people

laksnrub
udonmap.com

Post by laksnrub » April 3, 2020, 11:45 am

Still on face mask, the shop at the back AEK hospital has plenty, Villa still selling them

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 3, 2020, 1:18 pm

laksnrub wrote:
April 3, 2020, 11:45 am
Still on face mask, the shop at the back AEK hospital has plenty, Villa still selling them
cheers for that but i my wife and 2 boys have been on lockdown for 11 days now . none of us in or out . Next week i will have to go for more food etc but do not have a mask . I was hoping to buy some online which i can do but only from outside thailand which takes a few weeks to get here . All i want is to buy some decent masks online so they will be delivered by kerry which is a lot safer than going into udon but because of thai culture of the baht i cannot . I have odered fro abrod but hope they will get her quicker than they say .
For all this of trying to protect my family i again have to run the tamada gauntlet . He has done this to me on every post i have posted since i joined udon map . Why ?? I have laso seen him doing it to other decent members but never to the nasty ones so peaks for itself . to post just to criticize is very sad.
Just minutes ago i had a message saying masks on lazada and have just ordered some nk95 a copy of the n95 but which are reported to be just as good . I ordered 10 already but again from overseas . shame on the tah corruption against this desease
https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i8684 ... =true&mp=1

Mex
udonmap.com

Post by Mex » April 3, 2020, 1:42 pm

Your OP was a complaint about Lazada. Thailand is not Lazada. Your problem is with Lazada..not Thailand Why mention Thailand and not the teeny weeny part of Thailand that is actually getting your bits in a twist?
If it looks good..and smells good..go for it..

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 3, 2020, 8:02 pm

dragonz wrote:
April 3, 2020, 1:18 pm
laksnrub wrote:
April 3, 2020, 11:45 am
cheers for that but i my wife and 2 boys have been on lockdown for 11 days now . none of us in or out . Next week i will have to go for more food etc but do not have a mask . I was hoping to buy some online which i can do but only from outside thailand which takes a few weeks to get here . All i want is to buy some decent masks online so they will be delivered by kerry which is a lot safer than going into udon but because of thai culture of the baht i cannot . I have odered fro abrod but hope they will get her quicker than they say .
For all this of trying to protect my family i again have to run the tamada gauntlet . He has done this to me on every post i have posted since i joined udon map . Why ?? I have laso seen him doing it to other decent members but never to the nasty ones so peaks for itself . to post just to criticize is very sad.
Just minutes ago i had a message saying masks on lazada and have just ordered some nk95 a copy of the n95 but which are reported to be just as good . I ordered 10 already but again from overseas . shame on the tah corruption against this desease
https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i8684 ... =true&mp=1
How well do you know Udon dragonz? If you catch the number 7 song taew heading towards Wat Po Tessabahn 4 you get near Soi Khaojan and you have to go over a railway crossing. By the side of the railway crossing there is a lady who sells cloth masks, not as good as the 3M but better than nothing. The Soi is called Pracha Santi 5. Don’t forget, no mask no entry to Makro!
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 4, 2020, 8:38 am

cheers for that . I got some cloth masks that were made in the village so i will use those until the masks i ordered off lazada and shoppee arrive . I live near nakha on the nong khai road so if i go north to nong khai only 36 kms to makro with 1 straight road so nobody to meet till i get to the shop . what would they do if i turned up with no mask . would they sell me one ?
Lazada are selling masks albeit at rip off prices and all from china but have to search for disposable masks or face protection. seen 10 basic masks for 500 baht . crazy used to cost 25 baht . why is this now allowed ?
https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ship- ... 48333.html?
The big question i would like to ask if tamada allows is why are there no masks for sale online in Thailand ?This is a country that was making lots of masks before the virus . My wife thinks that as most of the top people in bangkok are of chinese decent they send all the masks to china.
Also strange how china with a population of 1,3 billion have masks to sell to the rest of the world ? I saw last night trump invoking some act to stop 3m masks made in usa being shipped to china . It seems
the chinese are buying all the masks at high prices then selling them back at even higher prices . this is where governments should get together and stop these scum killing people for money

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » April 4, 2020, 10:07 am

was at udon makro last time and was not allowed to enter without mask , they did sell me one for 25 baht , made out of nylon , when held up to the sky transparent as hell...so should help very good :lol:

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”