Flights Udon to Bangkok cancelled

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
laksnrub
udonmap.com

Re: Flights Udon to Bangkok cancelled

Post by laksnrub » March 25, 2020, 11:50 am

Tuk Tuk driver out front entry selling mask for B100, nice profit

Quality is best done first

laksnrub
udonmap.com

Post by laksnrub » March 25, 2020, 12:12 pm

Nooky DBR been on the ground 1 hour, so much for the 45 minute turn around, Air Asia loading Pax, Thai smile BKK on final approach, Pax jam up in terminal, announcement again Mask to be worn, Nooky Delta Bravo Romeo take off, shes in the air, Thai smile touching down with another load of coronas, time for lunch at BK from plane spotter
Quality is best done first

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » March 25, 2020, 1:48 pm

Thai Smile flight BKK to Udon set for Mar 27 was canceled.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 31, 2020, 5:28 pm

jackspratt wrote:
March 24, 2020, 4:12 pm
With Prayut's emergency decree on Thursday supposedly including a ban on domestic travel, relief may be at hand (no pun intended) for those of us unlucky enough to be holding domestic flight tickets for the near future.

Then, hopefully, Thai Smile (in my case) and other carriers will be obliged to issue refunds, or at worst, full credits without any change fees.
As anticipated, I have now been offered a range of options by Thai Smile for a cancelled flight WE3 in early May:

1. take a later flight the same day (14.15 in lieu of 08.30 departure ex UTH), or another date

2. fly to another destination (domestic I assume) without any fees or charges

3. full refund

4. EMD (which I assume is a voucher)for the full value of the fare(s), valid for 365 days, and no change fees

Changes can be done online at https://member.thaismileair.com/customerservice/refund or by phone at 1181 or +6621188888.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » April 1, 2020, 2:58 pm

jackspratt wrote:
March 31, 2020, 5:28 pm
jackspratt wrote:
March 24, 2020, 4:12 pm
With Prayut's emergency decree on Thursday supposedly including a ban on domestic travel, relief may be at hand (no pun intended) for those of us unlucky enough to be holding domestic flight tickets for the near future.

Then, hopefully, Thai Smile (in my case) and other carriers will be obliged to issue refunds, or at worst, full credits without any change fees.
As anticipated, I have now been offered a range of options by Thai Smile for a cancelled flight WE3 in early May:

1. take a later flight the same day (14.15 in lieu of 08.30 departure ex UTH), or another date

2. fly to another destination (domestic I assume) without any fees or charges

3. full refund

4. EMD (which I assume is a voucher)for the full value of the fare(s), valid for 365 days, and no change fees

Changes can be done online at https://member.thaismileair.com/customerservice/refund or by phone at 1181 or +6621188888.
I was thrown by the abbreviation EMD but, after applying, you get an email confirming it is a cash voucher.

Did mine yesterday. Note that if there is more than 1 passenger on the same flight confirmation, you will need to do twice as there are separate booking references

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 1, 2020, 3:29 pm

Thanks for the update, samster, and the new information re multiple bookings.

I will do mine shortly.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 2, 2020, 10:40 am

It appears Thai Smile are offering only one r/t flight per day, BKK-UTH.
uthbkkuth.jpg

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » April 2, 2020, 10:46 am

Can anyone tell me if a fitness to fly certificate is required to fly from Udon to Bangkok?

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 2, 2020, 10:56 am

Go to the source Call the airline you are using. But again it is a time when rules change hourly

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 2, 2020, 1:07 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
April 2, 2020, 10:46 am
Can anyone tell me if a fitness to fly certificate is required to fly from Udon to Bangkok?
AFAIK there's no need for such a certificate for domestic flights. The airline website would be a good place to check in any special restrictions, no?

However, you must report or 'check-in' with the local amphur, orbortor or pu yai bahn at each end of the trip, ie. after arriving at your destination. The fines being levied for not checking-in have been quoted (by our puyai bahn) as 20,000 baht.

FWIW, since coronavirus rule changes have stymied every attempt to get my Thailand long-stay enabled, I wanted to get my son's UK passport renewal paperwork and the the youngest one's first UK passport application in fast.

Then VFS stopped accepting passport applications and closed their Bangkok office.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 3, 2020, 8:29 pm

Thai Smile last Udon flights next Monday.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... om-tuesday

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » May 7, 2020, 9:44 am

My Thai Smile been cancelled (we3) and rescheduled. So I miss my international flight.
So have to use plan B
But I still unsure about my return flight from UK. I travel end of July.Maybe restrictions relaxed then.
Seems will need a "Health certificate" which shouldn't be a problem.
But I did see somewhere about Health insurance required.
I cant get at my age.
I have "0" retirement ext visa. So I am not required to have.
But I wonder if this "health insurance" covers everybody now?
maybe a "I can check out UK but can never leave!"

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 7, 2020, 10:27 am

choi choi wrote:
May 7, 2020, 9:44 am
My Thai Smile been cancelled (we3) and rescheduled. So I miss my international flight.
So have to use plan B
But I still unsure about my return flight from UK. I travel end of July.Maybe restrictions relaxed then.
I cant get at my age.
This what the Thai Consulate in Toronto wrote me about insurance: "The insurance policy must clearly and specifically show international coverage for COVID-19 treatment. Get this in writing from your provider.

He added that the insurance policy must cover $100,000 U.S.

Regards,
Ben Heller
Vice-Consul
Royal Thai Consulate General Toronto
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » May 7, 2020, 11:04 am

Thanks for the info. But is that for all travelers? Tourists, and expats etc?
Because I already have an 0 visa .Insurance not required
If so, I am castaway to stay Thailand till I meet my maker!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 7, 2020, 12:07 pm

If you want to get back into Thailand The rules state as an Expat with or with out a Visa, "O". "AO", $100,000USD insurance for Covid (good luck in finding that ) and a Certified (By teh Thai Emabassy) Test for COVID 72 hours prior to your flight. Once again good luck
BUT as of right now and into the foreseeable future there are no flights out of Thai or into Thai for Expats

So sit tight and hope

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » May 7, 2020, 12:45 pm

Doodoo wrote:
May 7, 2020, 12:07 pm
If you want to get back into Thailand The rules state as an Expat with or with out a Visa, "O". "AO", $100,000USD insurance for Covid (good luck in finding that ) and a Certified (By teh Thai Emabassy) Test for COVID 72 hours prior to your flight. Once again good luck
BUT as of right now and into the foreseeable future there are no flights out of Thai or into Thai for Expats

So sit tight and hope
Thanks for that DD I suspected that!
I'm doomed to stay LOS .
Aint so bad.But will never see my family again :cry:

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » May 7, 2020, 1:01 pm

Doodoo wrote:

So sit tight and hope
Well I must be flying out this week to the uk on a ducks back and her name is Eva.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 7, 2020, 2:25 pm

choi choi wrote:
May 7, 2020, 9:44 am
So have to use plan B
I cant get at my age.
You are conflating 2 different insurance requirements.
The first is to allow an extension of stay in Thailand, which as you say you do not need for an extension.

The second is to allow a flight into Thailand, as only Thai Nationals can enter it doesn’t matter at the moment, the COVID insurance that was required may still be (Probably will be) required once the borders reopen

You will be permitted (assuming a U.K. citizen passport) to enter the U.K.

It is probably going to be a very different and possibly extremely difficult situation about returning to Thailand.

Do not think that a health certificate is going to be easy to get as it may very well require a COVID-19 test.

My strong suggestion to anyone who is settled in Thailand or wants to continue living in Thailand is do not leave until the return conditions are clear

You can check-out any time you like
But you can never leave! (Return?)
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » May 7, 2020, 4:51 pm

Yes I understand that! I will cancel all flights and see the outcome of what is required.
Thailand is my home. If I could not return, I would be devastated
Here 24 years now!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 7, 2020, 5:14 pm

Doodoo wrote:
You are correct about no flights into Thailand for non nationals but wrong about flights out, the British Embassy is coordinating the flights out for U.K. nationals and if there were no commercial flights would arrange a repatriation charter.
www.gov.uk
Return to the UK

There are still commercial options to return to the UK from Thailand.

If you live in the UK and are currently visiting Thailand, you’re strongly advised to return now by commercial means. Don’t risk getting stranded.

UK special charter flights will only operate for priority countries where commercial flights are not possible. You should not assume that these flights will become available in Thailand because commercial routes are operating.
That your privately booked flights have been cancelled doesn’t mean that all flights to the U.K. are also cancelled
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Return to “Travel & Transport”