Border and bar closings

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Re: Border and bar closings

Post by Marcosteffano » March 22, 2020, 12:38 pm

My wife's bar/restaurant hasn't been ordered to close down here in NWS but I said if she wants to keep it open she will have to go live with her mother while I isolate around the pool eating and a drinking.funny that one because within a couple of hours it had sunk in and she pulled the shutters down indefinitely.
Anyway if anyone comes across a Chinese person and your one of these liberal snowflakes you are most welcome to give them a hag like the Italians were doing last month to show they care and it's not the Chinese fault.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » March 22, 2020, 12:54 pm

Just got back from my local V T . business as usual . Quiet yes , but still open and appeared to be fully staffed .
Left hand , right hand not knowing what the other is doing , springs to mind .
By the time they wake up it will be too late .

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 22, 2020, 4:37 pm

here's the closure notice that came out from the government the other day.. All listed places closed from 22 March through 12 April 2020. Pardon my translations..

Update:

-Restaurants - Schools
- stores (with exceptions) - ?
- ? - Beauty shops
- Markets (with exceptions) - bathing/haircuts (didn't know we had those!)
- Beauty/Barber shops - kennels
- laundries - soapies
- extreme ? - pubs, bars
- playgrounds - movie theaters
- game shops - gyms/fitness
- golf courses - boxing arenas
- pools - boxing schools
- ? - sports fields
- stores - horse track
- - cock fighting
shutdown order.jpg
Dave

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » March 22, 2020, 5:07 pm

Just came back from TBar'
Steve has been ordered to close from tonight without a re-opening date.
The Police said they will inform him when he can open again.

All the bars in the area have also been told to close so it is not only in the center of town.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 22, 2020, 5:14 pm

They are taking the UK/US preferred option of wait till the horses have all bolted and then lock the doors

mac1966
udonmap.com

Post by mac1966 » March 22, 2020, 8:16 pm

Central closed. Except tops, restaurants for take away, drug stores and food park Image

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

Brick House
udonmap.com

Post by Brick House » March 22, 2020, 8:58 pm

We could stay open because we have a restaurant / food license. Though we noticed that some competitors couldn't see the sun shining in the water.
From Mon 23 We will be open for TAKE AWAY and FREE DELIVERIES, within de ring road area of Udon Thani.
We deliver food as well as drinks, including draft beers.
With 15% DISCOUNT on food.
Please see our separate post on Udon Map with our menu.
Regards
Maxx / Brick House.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 22, 2020, 9:29 pm

mac1966 wrote:
March 22, 2020, 8:16 pm
Central closed. Except tops, restaurants for take away, drug stores and food park Image

What about banks and ATM, s... no access to money makes life even more difficult.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

mac1966
udonmap.com

Post by mac1966 » March 23, 2020, 5:32 am

Banks open as well. Also the farmers market. Open from 11am to 8pm. Sorry photo not clear. Try uploading againImage

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » March 23, 2020, 5:56 am

The bridge closure at NKP might cause a big problem for those who do border runs
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... nday-night

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 23, 2020, 7:36 am

stattointhailand wrote:
March 22, 2020, 5:14 pm
They are taking the UK/US preferred option of wait till the horses have all bolted and then lock the doors
While I agree that this option looks silly, in fact with the vast majority of Thais paid only the Minimum or some less than that plus no work means NO money, there is no safety net, then a lock-down or a closure will mean tens of thousands with no money at all. That situation is more dangerous to society than having thousands running around working but possibly catching the virus .

With those Thais flocking to copme home from Bangkok and other cities shutting down, the provinces which seemed to escape the worst of this situation could be come breeding grounds for a lot of one to one infections , so be careful what you wish for .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 23, 2020, 12:29 pm

Social meda is awash with images of Bkk train n bus stations packed with people wanting to travel to their home towns .. can anyone tell me the point of closing all that has been forced to close to avoid large gatherings then this occurs .. surely the government must have thought this through ..???? the next thing will be mass cases all over the country stemming from this head shaking action.

Whats more on the ground in Udon , i have just been into town and its basically business as usual with regard to the small Thai restaurants n coffee shops etc etc .. all very very busy ..Beyond coffee place was rammed ...again please enlighten me as to the difference in a gathering at a pub bar restaurant or a coffee shop , Noodle shop etc

You cannot make this sh8t up .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » March 23, 2020, 12:52 pm

Mo Chit bus station last night.
Attachments
Mo Chit Bus Station 2.jpg
Mo Chit Bus Station.jpg
Last edited by mak on March 23, 2020, 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 23, 2020, 12:52 pm

Oops forget the link inc some disturbing images of 'gatherings" and an estimated 80,000 headingto home towns .. and the government telling provincial governors to quote "keep an eye on them" .. deary me not only shambolic but dangerous to say the least.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... dus-begins

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 23, 2020, 1:07 pm

What we see I THINK, is that someone thought ( dangerous exercise here I am sure ) that having large numbers of OUT of WORK Thais hanging around in often cramped accommodation , which could be considered a breeding ground for even more people testing positive and possibly dying , allow them to infect each other and send them home to the countryside where health services are at best stretched in normal circumstances and make life more miserable for the PEONS, while the great so-called intelligentsia sit in Bangkok and trumpet how the number of infections has gone down .
While not exactly reporting the rise in the provinces , stating it is locally managed by the Provincial Governors who will become scapegoats if it gets out of control in their Province .

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » March 23, 2020, 1:20 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 23, 2020, 12:29 pm
Social meda is awash with images of Bkk train n bus stations packed with people wanting to travel to their home towns .. can anyone tell me the point of closing all that has been forced to close to avoid large gatherings then this occurs .. surely the government must have thought this through ..???? the next thing will be mass cases all over the country stemming from this head shaking action.

Whats more on the ground in Udon , i have just been into town and its basically business as usual with regard to the small Thai restaurants n coffee shops etc etc .. all very very busy ..Beyond coffee place was rammed ...again please enlighten me as to the difference in a gathering at a pub bar restaurant or a coffee shop , Noodle shop etc

You cannot make this sh8t up .

DM
Its like they havent listened to anything . I just hope the so called health experts have a bit more savvy and patience than the health minister himself . However i doubt it , as this weekends little stunt would of not happened .
Maybe they just want to get rid of the citizens up here , who knows .
What i do know is our beloved P M , is ex military , and all military men know more than enough about collateral damage .
Thats exactly what we have become by the looks of it , collateral damage , dispensible , as long as BKK can show reducing numbers , fook the rest .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 23, 2020, 1:24 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
March 23, 2020, 1:07 pm
What we see I THINK, is that someone thought ( dangerous exercise here I am sure ) that having large numbers of OUT of WORK Thais hanging around in often cramped accommodation , which could be considered a breeding ground for even more people testing positive and possibly dying , allow them to infect each other and send them home to the countryside where health services are at best stretched in normal circumstances and make life more miserable for the PEONS, while the great so-called intelligentsia sit in Bangkok and trumpet how the number of infections has gone down .
While not exactly reporting the rise in the provinces , stating it is locally managed by the Provincial Governors who will become scapegoats if it gets out of control in their Province .
SO in laymens terms KP .. The powers in BKK dont give rats arse about the isaan peasants and passing the book to provincial governors ... judging by this decision maybe so and surely it would of been better to contain the outbreak rather then dispersing it nationwide.. their actions dont make much sense in allowing the exodus from Bkk but its too late.

quote saint
Its like they havent listened to anything . I just hope the so called health experts have a bit more savvy and patience than the health minister himself . However i doubt it , as this weekends little stunt would of not happened .
Maybe they just want to get rid of the citizens up here , who knows .
What i do know is our beloved P M , is ex military , and all military men know more than enough about collateral damage .
Thats exactly what we have become by the looks of it , collateral damage , dispensible , as long as BKK can show reducing numbers , fook the rest .

harsh words but not to say they arent accurate.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » March 23, 2020, 1:36 pm

I hope they screen the busloads coming from Bangkok. Many Loei residents are coming home from their jobs in Bangkok. As far as I know Loei province has no infections. That could change quickly.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 23, 2020, 1:44 pm

glalt wrote:
March 23, 2020, 1:36 pm
As far as I know Loei province has no infections. That could change quickly.
Already has.

https://covidtracker.5lab.co/en#

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 23, 2020, 2:31 pm

mac1966 wrote:
March 23, 2020, 5:32 am
Banks open as well. Also the farmers market. Open from 11am to 8pm. Sorry photo not clear. Try uploading againImage

We drove up to Central around 10.45 this morning and were surprised at it being closed. Thanks for the update. Also informed that Srithani Golf Club is closed as of today until 13th April. Any updates on other courses would be welcome. Of more concern was news from another UM member who's wife works in a Restaurant. He said Udon Thani Municipality have/are going to announce the closure of all Restaurants to the public with food only available for Take Away/delivery, this is still to be confirmed. We did go to UD Town after Central and were able to have a sit in burger at BK's. Everywhere at around 11am very quiet but coming out of BK there were quite a few people milling about which is not what the authorities want so there may be a few developments there quite soon. It does seem as if a semi rigid type of lockdown is starting to happen. Life might be quite boring for a while but hey ho worse things happen at sea.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”