Savannakhet by car

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Savannakhet by car

Post by tamada » March 16, 2020, 5:52 pm

tamada wrote:
March 15, 2020, 4:19 pm
I haven't found the Vietnam Public Health website or the British Embassy Hanoi's actual statements of the above...
Here it is from the Vietnam Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Temporary regulatory change on entry, exit for foreigners

The Covid-19 has been spreading swiftly in a complex manner on a large scale across the world. The Government of Viet Nam has decided to:

(i) temporarily suspend entry for tourist who come from the Schengen countries and/or the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, or have visited or transited through these areas within 14 days preceding their expected entry into Viet Nam;
(ii) suspend visa upon arrival for all foreign nationals. This decision will be effective from 12:00 (noon), 15 March 2020 for 30 days, and not be applicable to entrants for diplomatic or official purposes.

Foreigners who are experts, business managers, highly skilled workers entering Viet Nam will be medical checked and quarantine shall be applied in accordance with the guidelines of the Ministry of Health.

Viet Nam has informed all diplomatic missions, consular offices and representative offices of international organizations in Viet Nam of the decision, and will maintain close monitor the epidemic and collaboration with other countries, international organizations and partners to promptly adjust prevention and control measures for the Covid-19./.

http://www.mofa.gov.vn/en/nr04080710414 ... 0314083802

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 16, 2020, 6:26 pm

tamada wrote:
March 16, 2020, 5:47 pm
^ That's why we are probably headed that way TOMORROW!!!
Good Idea Tam, Rumour has it They'll CLOSE Their Borders in Approx 3 Weeks :shock: :shock:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 16, 2020, 6:28 pm

tamada wrote:
March 16, 2020, 5:47 pm
^ That's why we are probably headed that way TOMORROW!!!
I Was Due to go April 27th for my NEW Visa, Have decided to NOT Go now & Get a 60 Day Extension at Thai Immigration.....Couldn't take the chance of getting stuck in Laos !! :-" :-"

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 18, 2020, 9:40 am

Point to note: the Mukdahan border office where the Thai's can get a Lao travel permit with their Thai ID card closes at 08:00.

...unless there's a "fai dap" (still waiting!). Oh well, I guess I'll get mired in the minivan crowds manana instead.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 18, 2020, 11:25 am

Point of note 2: Thai health requires departing foreigners to go across to the Inbound side and do a T8 and temperature check before Immigration will stamp you out.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 19, 2020, 11:25 am

Point of note 3: Thai Consulate in Savannakhet will only issue a visa if you have a valid Thai health certificate. No exemptions.

Point of note 4: The Savannakhet border crossing will most likely be closed from this weekend until further notice. Immigration and Health staff are waiting for the official notification and details.

At least I got another 30 days.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 19, 2020, 1:34 pm

tamada wrote:
March 18, 2020, 9:40 am
Point to note: the Mukdahan border office............... closes at 08:00.
?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 19, 2020, 2:07 pm

Think he means for Thai to get pass should be opens at 8.00
Before this there is one in town thatis open before that
Taxi drivers know what time
I used this once

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 19, 2020, 5:29 pm

noosard wrote:
March 19, 2020, 2:07 pm
Think he means for Thai to get pass should be opens at 8.00
Before this there is one in town thatis open before that
Taxi drivers know what time
I used this once
You are both wrong in this instance. When we were parking up at 7:30, the parking ticket lady advised us to hurry as the OFFICE THAT ISSUES TEMPORARY TRAVEL PAPERS TO THAI PEOPLE WITH ONLY AN ID CARD AND NO PASSPORT closes at 8 AM. That's 8 o'clock in the morning. Maybe it's a crowd control measure, maybe they knew the power was going off... who the **** knows? There was already quite a queue when the bloody power went off.

Around 10 a.m. one of the staffers offered to get these issued "in the city" for a 100 baht service charge. Grabbed about half a dozen ID cards, including Mrs tams and buggered off.

Around 10:30 a.m. and facing a longer queue that would seriously imperil her lunch, the fat supervisor started taking pictures of the waiting people's ID cards.

Just before 11 a.m., the girl came back with paperwork from town and we headed for the border just as the power was restored. Don't know if they had to wait until after lunch. Took about 30 minutes to get through immigration as they're power was off too and there was a bit of a backlog.
Last edited by tamada on March 19, 2020, 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 19, 2020, 5:36 pm

That sounds like a right pain and waste of time
Would have been a time problem if having to go to the consulate

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 19, 2020, 5:44 pm

noosard wrote:
March 19, 2020, 5:36 pm
That sounds like a right pain and waste of time
Would have been a time problem if having to go to the consulate
As things transpired, it was fatal for my visa application that would have gone in on time yesterday morning if there was no power cut. I would be on the way back now with a 1-year multi O visa instead of sitting here in Thailand, nursing a Singha after only getting a 30 day visa exempt.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 19, 2020, 5:50 pm

The lady at the shop opposite the Consulate that pre-checks people's applications told one guy that he needed a copy of the certificate that showed his wife changing her maiden name to the married name on the ID card.

She checked mine, similarly without the same certificate but never mentioned it to me. The guy asked why it was an issue for him and not for me. The lady suggested that they "sometimes" ask for this but not always and we should take the chance anyway. I accepted this as another aspect of TiT but the other gent was bent seriously out of shape about it. Ended up telling him to stop effing and blinding and jai yen yen.

Either way, moot point as we never even got past the document submission.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 19, 2020, 6:47 pm

What A Waste Of Bloody Time ' Eh Tam.....

Return to “Travel & Transport”