Brit Emb letter link?

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Brit Emb letter link?

Post by fredwilliams » March 17, 2020, 2:49 pm

A friend sent me this, and I've just spent ages going through the Brit Emb website, but can't find anything about the letter.

Does anyone have a direct link to it, please?

RE: "Unable to Travel Due to COVID-19 Extension"

There is a provision (clause 2.28) in the current Police Order (327/2557) concerning extensions of stays that allows immigrations to give a 30 day extension "based on embassy request". It is what they are using to issue these "can't travel due to covid-19 extensions".
In order to get one you need;
-To NOT be on any overstay
-To contact your consulate and get a letter stating you can't travel
-To go to the immigration office with that and apply for the 30 day extension for 1900baht.
Evidently this can work on ANY type of entry stamp (VOA, visa exempt, visa waiver, tourist or Non-Immigrant)

SOME immigration offices are letting people get the extension by showing flight cancellations BUT most are requiring the embassy letter.

This is the ONLY emergency extension available to people at this time due to covid-19 and the inability to travel. The 30 day covid-19 extension is issued regardless of whether you got a previous extension or not on your current visa/entry stamp

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Brit Emb letter link?

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 17, 2020, 3:03 pm

fredwilliams wrote:
March 17, 2020, 2:49 pm
A friend sent me this, and I've just spent ages going through the Brit Emb website, but can't find anything about the letter.
There is no information because there is currently no letter, as at the moment there’s no restrictions on flights or travel to the U.K. therefore the british embassy has no need to request an extension from the Thai authorities.

What dates do your friends permissions to stay finish?

Don’t forget that they can get a 30 day extension from a visa exempt entry or a tourist visa. They can also ask immigration if a second 30 day extension is possible, my guess is that the answer will be no.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/corona ... tions.html I think that this is reasonably up to date.
0BE80F78-E11A-445B-B3F5-77DE67A75909.jpeg
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Re: Brit Emb letter link?

Post by fredwilliams » March 17, 2020, 4:00 pm

Thank you, kind sir!

Return to “Travel & Transport”