Covit-19 local fatality?

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Covit-19 local fatality?

Post by pipoz4444 » March 5, 2020, 11:08 am

Probably one of the best and most transparent explanations of how to deal with and help prevent the transmitting/passing on of the CONVID -19 Virus, was that of the Prime Minister of Singapore, Mr. Lee Hsien Loong, several weeks ago, when speaking in his Parliament. =D>

pipoz4444

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » March 5, 2020, 11:41 pm

The op is not spreading rumours, just asking for verification on something he heard. What is an expat forum for anyway? Thailand did not respond to the virus like they should have because of tourist revenue and politics. They are starting to take it more serious now as is many other countries. Canada is still dragging their feet, they need a bunch of people to die before they wake up. You know we can't offend anybody can we? Many governments will down play the danger of what is happening, they want people to stay calm and keep the economy going. We need to read between the lines and take care of ourselves.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » March 6, 2020, 1:43 am

Whistler wrote:
March 4, 2020, 6:11 pm
Wife took neighbor to a local Dr. as she has an infection of some type. Dr works at Nong Bua Lamphu hospital during the day. He told neighbor that there has been one death from virus in the hospital.

From this source I think it is worth publicizing, especially as there is a lot of reporting about area health staff being ordered not to make any public reports about cases of Covit-19 by orders from Bangkok.

I wish the government was open and honest with the public, I am loath to spread rumours, but if we cannot get the facts from the government, we need to be alert and as informed as possible.

I have no way of cross referencing this snippet. Does anybody here know people working at that hospital to verify this?
Deleted , as apparently the thought police are prosecuting anyone spreading rumours or truths concerning this virus on social media .

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 6, 2020, 7:58 am

Pattaya post confirms patient at Nong Bua Hospital has suspected infection. Maybe my neighbour misunderstood the Dr and it was an infection not a death but confirmation that the virus is in the hospital.

https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnew ... ead-286092

Apologies from the aptly named doodoo and Tamada I think are very much in order
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 6, 2020, 8:41 am

Running the commonsense ruler over this.

1. The story was relayed a few days ago by a concerned doctor, but no public announcement on a very important issue
2. Some days earlier a story is reported in the press about a patient 'displaying' symptoms. It does not take days to do a test, the patient either has the virus or not. If they do not have it, all clear, but if they have it ,why say 'displaying' instead of confirming a diagnosis

I hope the aptly named doodoo and Tamada are as quick to apologise as they were to jump up and down like idiots and criticise.
Last edited by Whistler on March 6, 2020, 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » March 6, 2020, 8:49 am

Whistler wrote:
March 6, 2020, 8:41 am

1. The story was relayed a few days ago by a concerned doctor, but no public announcement on a very important issue
2. Some days later a story is reported in the press about a patient 'displaying' symptoms. It does not take days to do a test, the patient either has the virus or not. If they do not have it, all clear, but if they have it ,why say 'displaying' instead of confirming a diagnosis

I hope the aptly named doodoo and Tamada are as quick to apologise as they were to jump up and down like idiots and criticise.

The article is dated the 30th January?

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » March 6, 2020, 9:11 am

747man wrote:
March 4, 2020, 7:59 pm
pal52 wrote:
March 4, 2020, 7:46 pm
I thought it was unusual that Macro suddenly started doing temperature checks on people entering the store and insisting they used free hand cleaning gel.
You were not allowed in if you had a high temp.
They also have a outlet in Nong Bua Lampu
They ( Makro ) were doing it at their Nong Khai Store Today......My Temp was 36c So Normal..... =; =;
Temp checking at Macro Udon yesterday.
Macro.jpg

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » March 6, 2020, 9:21 am

choi choi wrote:
March 6, 2020, 9:11 am
747man wrote:
March 4, 2020, 7:59 pm
pal52 wrote:
March 4, 2020, 7:46 pm
I thought it was unusual that Macro suddenly started doing temperature checks on people entering the store and insisting they used free hand cleaning gel.
You were not allowed in if you had a high temp.
They also have a outlet in Nong Bua Lampu
They ( Makro ) were doing it at their Nong Khai Store Today......My Temp was 36c So Normal..... =; =;
Temp checking at Macro Udon yesterday.
Macro.jpg
Yes I got out of the ice cold air con car and my temp was 35c as I had the fan in my face.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 6, 2020, 9:35 am

Chuchi wrote:
March 6, 2020, 8:49 am
Whistler wrote:

2. Some days later a story is reported in the press about a patient 'displaying' symptoms. It does not take days to do a test, the patient either has the virus or not. If they do not have it, all clear, but if they have it ,why say 'displaying' instead of confirming a diagnosis

I didn't notice Chuchi, thanks for this. So the death as reported few days later is a possibility. Curiouser and curiouser. What gets me is the hospital surely knows by now if it was Covit-19 or not, death or no death.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 6, 2020, 11:54 am

I note the personal attacks have not been withdrawn from those with judgmental opinions. Opinions are like arse76ls, we all have them but exposing them in public is crass.

neeemu
udonmap.com

Post by neeemu » March 6, 2020, 2:50 pm

Where's the logic in queueing with crowds of people for masks or tests? Surely the sensible option is to avoid crowds? Many farangs in Udon will be the last to get the disease since they choose to self isolate most of the time anyway.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 6, 2020, 3:30 pm

Its not just a case of .... test = he has it or he hasn't

Reports from cruise ship off San Fransisco states tests done yesterday and results expected in a day or so

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 6, 2020, 4:06 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
March 6, 2020, 3:30 pm
Its not just a case of .... test = he has it or he hasn't

Reports from cruise ship off San Fransisco states tests done yesterday and results expected in a day or so
spot on, many days have now past. the test would have been completed a long time ago

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 6, 2020, 4:21 pm

I would not jump to any conclusion about all this being a single case. The Pattaya newspaper report is quite old

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 6, 2020, 4:42 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 6, 2020, 7:58 am
Pattaya post confirms patient at Nong Bua Hospital has suspected infection. Maybe my neighbour misunderstood the Dr and it was an infection not a death but confirmation that the virus is in the hospital.

https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnew ... ead-286092

Apologies from the aptly named doodoo and Tamada I think are very much in order
Apologize for what? Your link to a very accurate and informative article in the English-language Thai media is much appreciated. It indicates that local health authorities have upped their game in the face of the inevitable, a local case of Covid-19. However, the article you referenced is TOTALLY DEVOID of the government conspiracy theories that appear to consume your every waking, posting moment.

Or do you or your good wife simply want some sort of acknowledgement of your "breaking news" efforts in NBLP?

Keep up the good work anyway. We have learned to glean what little salient content does exist in your panicked posts and ignore the dross.

Ta
tam

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 6, 2020, 5:43 pm

If a patient had the virus locally and died at a hospital
One would think there would be others that are sick and sharing the virus
Which would make a hotspot that would standout like a sore thumb
Especially since that unlucky person would have been sick for sometime before been quarantined

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 6, 2020, 5:49 pm

Well reasoned comment noosard.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 6, 2020, 7:27 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 6, 2020, 9:35 am
Chuchi wrote:
March 6, 2020, 8:49 am
Whistler wrote:

I didn't notice Chuchi, thanks for this. So the death as reported few days later is a possibility. Curiouser and curiouser. What gets me is the hospital surely knows by now if it was Covit-19 or not, death or no death.
You didn't notice? Wow! That's a total surprise. Better stick with the gossip from the missus, eh?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 6, 2020, 7:53 pm

Gossip is just that, unsubstantiated.

The Dr is well known to our family. The Dr works at the hospital, the infection occurred at the hospital, an infection at the hospital has been confirmed by the press, I quoted all the sources.

Are you brain dead or simply dumb?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 6, 2020, 10:21 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 6, 2020, 7:53 pm
Gossip is just that, unsubstantiated.

The Dr is well known to our family. The Dr works at the hospital, the infection occurred at the hospital, an infection at the hospital has been confirmed by the press, I quoted all the sources.

Are you brain dead or simply dumb?
Well you started it.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”