Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

747man
udonmap.com

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by 747man » March 2, 2020, 11:42 pm

It's Really Spreading Now, Brazil,Ecuador,The USA, & The U.K HAS 40 Confirmed cases now.....

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 3, 2020, 9:53 am

Reporting from Texas: So, a few days ago Washington state reported it's first death, then today 4 or more. New York, Florida, Arizona, Oregon and a few other states reporting cases. Turn on the 5pm local news to find out that the CDC released one of the quarantined cruise ship passengers into the local area, only to find out after she left Lackland AFB that she checked into a local hotel, went shopping in one of San Antonio's biggest malls, took some public transportation......only to be awoken at 2AM to be brought back to quarantine. Naturally, the mayor freaked out.....as will the local population when it all sinks in. The mall was shut down for sanitizing.......probably too little too late.
Later in the day, my daughter and I went to Costco to stock up on some liquor supplies.....and figured we'd get an extra container of bleach and handwipes........just to make us feel better. Costco was sold out. Costco never sells out of anything.
Earlier in the day I went to the local DMV to renew my driver's license.....probably 100+ people packed in waiting for their number to be called. A few coughs and sneezes in the cramped room. Not a drop of hand sanitizer in sight......whereas in Udon hand sanitizer seems to be everywhere these days.
So much for having things under control in the US....despite a month or two of warnings that it would reach its shores.

Mike-Quebec
udonmap.com

Update on Coronavirus in Thailand

Post by Mike-Quebec » March 3, 2020, 10:10 am

This Post is not intended to spread fear in any matter

Here is update on 2020-02-27- Pneumonia Chart situation in Thailand these are Not Coronavirus according to Department of Disease Control of Thailand, the are only Pneumonia in bad situation in Thailand after the 16 February 2020. Here is the picture of chart and link to the " Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19) " of Thailand

Link : https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/situation.php
Attachments
2020-02-27- Pneumonia Chart.jpg
Last edited by Mike-Quebec on March 3, 2020, 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mike-Quebec
udonmap.com

Re: upDate on Coronavirus

Post by Mike-Quebec » March 3, 2020, 10:19 am

For Some of you that want to have more info on this chart it has be broth up by

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsJCiZTt3uc&t=1886s

at 7:50 Minute of this video

this is not me

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 3, 2020, 10:50 am

parrot wrote:
March 3, 2020, 9:53 am
Reporting from Texas: So, a few days ago Washington state reported it's first death, then today 4 or more. New York, Florida, Arizona, Oregon and a few other states reporting cases. Turn on the 5pm local news to find out that the CDC released one of the quarantined cruise ship passengers into the local area, only to find out after she left Lackland AFB that she checked into a local hotel, went shopping in one of San Antonio's biggest malls, took some public transportation......only to be awoken at 2AM to be brought back to quarantine. Naturally, the mayor freaked out.....as will the local population when it all sinks in. The mall was shut down for sanitizing.......probably too little too late.
Later in the day, my daughter and I went to Costco to stock up on some liquor supplies.....and figured we'd get an extra container of bleach and handwipes........just to make us feel better. Costco was sold out. Costco never sells out of anything.
Earlier in the day I went to the local DMV to renew my driver's license.....probably 100+ people packed in waiting for their number to be called. A few coughs and sneezes in the cramped room. Not a drop of hand sanitizer in sight......whereas in Udon hand sanitizer seems to be everywhere these days.
So much for having things under control in the US....despite a month or two of warnings that it would reach its shores.
Have you received your free .gov calendar so as you can count the days down until April when the "warmer weather" will make it go away?, and if so, does it also show October and the colder weather when if history repeats itself from 102 years ago it will return with a vengeance :-$

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 3, 2020, 10:54 am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 3, 2020, 11:37 am

If the numbers are correct in this Link, then Thailand is not doing too bad coping with the virus, considering the virus has now been floating around for more than 5 weeks and all the people coming and going through Thailand. Only 1 death out of 43 reported cases, with 30 case having recovered. This must say something positive about Thailand's Health system, when one looks at some of the other Countries

Also from what I read the man who died, whilst young at 35 years old, also had dengue fever at the time that he caught the Covid-19 and so died of multiple organ failure. Not your typical stand alone Covid-19 case, if their is atypical one.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 3, 2020, 1:36 pm

It's still for me pretty much care free in NZ. With work I had to meet a chap last week who transferred through Kong Hong Airport a day before. This was the first time I had to think about this Coronavirus in depth. The chap said the airport was empty. I looked into it and decided to meet him as the NZ government wasn't recommending people arriving from Hong Kong go into quarantine. A day later we had our first positive test result. That involved someone returning from Iran.

The tension is only slowly increasing here. The more health conscious folks are getting concerned. I'm confident the NZ government will deal with the challenge in a rational and responsible way. And I might not even vote for the current government in September.

As for Thailand, I think the reported numbers are nonsense. I suspect the virus is running amok in Thailand because LOS is so closely connected to China. I don't know what precautions I'd be taking if currently in Thailand. I have booked and paid for a brief holiday for late May in LOS but like Stickman (in his most recent column) I might postpone the visit. For me that's principally because of the risk of a quarantine when returning to NZ rather than fears of the virus. I can't afford the time off work.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » March 3, 2020, 3:03 pm

Wife just came back from Makro.
Had to wait to get into the shop. They were checking everyone's temperature.
If you had a high temp you were not allowed in.
Also were giving out free hand sanitizing gel for everyone to use before entering.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 3, 2020, 3:46 pm

Holy shxt. Like these 'x's.

I remember doing a border run across the Nong Khai bridge during the SARS outbreak. I was feeling really crook and expecting the Lao officials not to let me in. They did even though I probably had a raised temperature.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Mike-Quebec
udonmap.com

Post by Mike-Quebec » March 3, 2020, 3:49 pm

No quarantine for workers returning home from S Korea to Thailand

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... om-s-korea

---------------------

Mask, hand sanitizer shortages anger people across Thailand

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/coronav ... s-thailand

AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: Update on Coronavirus in Thailand

Post by AlexO » March 3, 2020, 4:51 pm

Mike-Quebec wrote:
March 3, 2020, 10:10 am
This Post is not intended to spread fear in any matter

Here is update on 2020-02-27- Pneumonia Chart situation in Thailand these are Not Coronavirus according to Department of Disease Control of Thailand, the are only Pneumonia in bad situation in Thailand after the 16 February 2020. Here is the picture of chart and link to the " Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19) " of Thailand

Link : https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/situation.php
If we don't call it COVID-19 then the tourists will still come and spend their money. If we don't specifically test for COVID-19 then we can report that there are very few cases of it in Thailand so the tourists will still come and spend their money. Am I being just too cynical in believing this scenario. Surely not, in this open and democratic nation.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 3, 2020, 5:23 pm

I read the Health Minister has changed his stance on Face Masks, but of course WILL NOT apologise for blaming farangs. So in my book still an idiot

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 3, 2020, 6:39 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
March 2, 2020, 5:19 pm
At least they have NOW banned /postponed the race in Buriram , so an inkling of common-sense is now being used
But the student protests aren't.

Result!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 3, 2020, 7:19 pm

Apparently the race was cancelled by Moto GP and not the Thai authorities (hhad forum)
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 3, 2020, 7:57 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
March 3, 2020, 11:37 am
If the numbers are correct in this Link, then Thailand is not doing too bad coping with the virus, considering the virus has now been floating around for more than 5 weeks and all the people coming and going through Thailand. Only 1 death out of 43 reported cases, with 30 case having recovered. This must say something positive about Thailand's Health system, when one looks at some of the other Countries

Also from what I read the man who died, whilst young at 35 years old, also had dengue fever at the time that he caught the Covid-19 and so died of multiple organ failure. Not your typical stand alone Covid-19 case, if their is atypical one.
This is the first time I have seen the Thai DPH numbers and they mostly make sense to me. They have basically renamed the health danger by it's effect on health (viral Pneumonia) rather than the cause (Covid-19). Using the latter leaves the country wide-open to all the misinformed knee-jerks and scaremongering that we have seen elsewhere. They are issuing daily updates that indicate they are managing it so far. Don't let the clown DPM who has been given the health portfolio by fellow sycophants distract from the fact that Thailand does have mostly honest, hard-working and honest health professionals in the field.

With regard to the one fatality, I was reading in the BP that the head of individual Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital's Center for Emerging Diseases is arguing that his earlier diagnosis of dengue was incorrect and it was always Covid-19 related. This doctor is choosing to broadcast this via his FB link rather than any official release from where he works.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 4, 2020, 7:15 am

Those displaying any symptoms will be sent to hospital immediately while those with no signs of the virus will be asked to quarantine themselves at home for 14 days, Mr Saksayam said.
This must go down as one of the classic statements from a Government official. The thousands of returning illegal workers in S. Korea are to be allowed to go home and "self quarantine" in their homes shared by god knows how many other family members and promise never to go outside and possibly infect thousands more. Never mind its not Covid-19 its only Viral Pneumonia.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » March 4, 2020, 10:24 am

I don't know about anyone else but I have a heart problem with no insurance and I'm in the middle of making plans to get out of Thailand and sit it out in the uk where I have a better chance.i don't think it will come down to having insurance or a bucket full of cash.these hospitals won't be able to cope and especially with the cases that are just being called viral pneumonia.if countries like s.korea and Italy can't contain the spread how can Thailand with its floods of Chinese coming in.anyway its here but we just ain't being told the truth of the numbers.maybe the government are just ignoring the problem as they seem to do in most cases and hope this one will just blow away as one government spokesman put it last week.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » March 4, 2020, 10:59 am

Marcosteffano wrote:
March 4, 2020, 10:24 am
I don't know about anyone else but I have a heart problem with no insurance and I'm in the middle of making plans to get out of Thailand and sit it out in the uk where I have a better chance.i don't think it will come down to having insurance or a bucket full of cash.these hospitals won't be able to cope and especially with the cases that are just being called viral pneumonia.if countries like s.korea and Italy can't contain the spread how can Thailand with its floods of Chinese coming in.anyway its here but we just ain't being told the truth of the numbers.maybe the government are just ignoring the problem as they seem to do in most cases and hope this one will just blow away as one government spokesman put it last week.
I agree. Probably mass chaos here within 2-3 weeks. It's gonna get ugly.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » March 4, 2020, 11:26 am

anefarious1 wrote:
March 4, 2020, 10:59 am
Marcosteffano wrote:
March 4, 2020, 10:24 am
I agree. Probably mass chaos here within 2-3 weeks. It's gonna get ugly.
I don't know about the mass flood of Chinese coming in. I flew out of the US on February 27th, plane about 60% full. In Taiwan, they switched from a 777 to an Airbus 321 on the 29th to BKK, which was about 20% full. Haven't seen one Chinese tourist here in Pattaya in 4 days.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”