Cobra Gold: US Troops Drink Cobra’s Blood, Eat Tarantulas

Thailand news, views and comments
RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » March 3, 2020, 6:27 am

During Military Exercise in Thailand but
All participants in the military exercise reportedly observed measures aimed at preventing the possible spread of the coronavirus.
https://sputniknews.com/asia/2020030210 ... -thailand/

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: Cobra Gold: US Troops Drink Cobra’s Blood, Eat Tarantulas

Post by FrazeeDK » March 3, 2020, 12:04 pm

good Lord, same ol' crap every year with drinking the Cobra blood.. I guess it is always a winnah for PR flacks to film..
Dave

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 4, 2020, 2:29 am

They used to make me eat Spotted Dick with custard when I was in the Military. :shock:
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 4, 2020, 3:50 am

I'm now a subscriber to 'sputnik news' so I googled Cobra gold drinking snake blood.....there are yearly stories about this going back to 2011.
When I was stationed in Taiwan circa 1973, there was a vendor in the night market, with a mike strapped around his head, holding up a live snake. He was promoting the benefits of snake blood to a gathered crowd. Then, with a slice of a knife across the head of the snake held upside down in his hands, he drained the blood into small glasses. A few men stepped up to the plate and downed the liquid. Others lined up to buy snake blood pills.
I went through survival training in Spokane, WA, in 1971. In the event of being downed in enemy territory, you were taught to survive on whatever was available......and lighting a fire wasn't a good way to avoid the enemy. We didn't do snake blood in Spokane, but I'd be willing to be the Philippino negritos taught US military members how to do so in jungle survival training in the PI.

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » March 4, 2020, 7:28 am

For a nation raised on burgers , fried chicken and doughnuts I would have thought snake would be a delicacy. :lol:
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 4, 2020, 7:36 am

I did a course of training in what was then Malaya, called Jungle acquaint, never was I advised that drinking blood of a snake was benefical , in my mind just another silly PR stunt , feel for the soldiers , but I suspect a dering do and bravado will overtake commonsense.

Return to “Thailand News”