New style electricity bill?

General Udon Thani topics only!
rickfarang
udonmap.com

New style electricity bill?

Post by rickfarang » February 20, 2020, 8:51 pm

I received a two-part electricity bill, where the two parts can be separated by tearing along the perforation. I don't read Thai but my girlfriend can, but I am not sure she both understood why there were two parts, that the explained it to me correctly, and that I understand.

From what I think I understand, the top part is the regular monthly electricity bill and the lower part is a receipt for last month's payment.

Does anybody know whether the above is true and correct?

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: New style electricity bill?

Post by Doodoo » February 20, 2020, 9:12 pm

Best Head to the Electric Company for an answer
Better than asking a bunch of old fellas sittn around thinking up answers

"Old Fellas offer ‘probably bad advice, but it’s free’"

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 20, 2020, 9:19 pm

I am not sure that is the case, rick.

I have a new, 2 part bill, about which I am confused.

Firstly, the top part (the monthly bill) is for a lot less that I would have expected ie 50-80% lower than previous bills.

The 2nd part does not appear to relate to what I paid for last month's bill.

The Post Office, where I normally pay, would also not accept payment, and said go to the local PEA office.

I guess further clarification will come in due course.

Edit: I have just seen Doodoo's response - he got the last sentence right in respect to his own contribution. :-s

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » February 20, 2020, 9:54 pm

Good day. We tried to pay the new bill yesterday at 7-11 and my TGF was told to come back, because the scanning was not functioning because the bill had not YET been entered in the PEA database. The second part is a credit, that amount is shown deducted on the first part. We will try friday morning.

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » February 20, 2020, 9:58 pm

Thank you for that the-monk. I just noticed that there is no bar code on the lower section, so it would difficult (to say the very least) to scan it, I take it to mean that it is not a bill.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 20, 2020, 10:14 pm

rickfarang wrote:
February 20, 2020, 8:51 pm
I received a two-part electricity bill, where the two parts can be separated by tearing along the perforation. I don't read Thai but my girlfriend can, but I am not sure she both understood why there were two parts, that the explained it to me correctly, and that I understand.

From what I think I understand, the top part is the regular monthly electricity bill and the lower part is a receipt for last month's payment.

Does anybody know whether the above is true and correct?
the-monk wrote:
February 20, 2020, 9:54 pm
Good day. We tried to pay the new bill yesterday at 7-11 and my TGF was told to come back, because the scanning was not functioning because the bill had not YET been entered in the PEA database. The second part is a credit, that amount is shown deducted on the first part. We will try friday morning.

This correct information as i confirmed with the local PEA office , the first bill is the normal monthly bill whilst the added second section that actually looks like another bill is in fact a discount or credit from the attached bill which refers to the status of the meter ie is it deposited or not ... i was told bills will be go back to the normal single bill from next month as these occurs once per year ..

I received 6.44 bt disc from the attached bill for Jan 15 to Feb 15 .. 2020

I may have been told the correct info or not but either way dont shoot the messenger

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 21, 2020, 12:37 am

If someone would post a clear photo of the 2 part bill, I can try to explain it

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 21, 2020, 10:53 am

I got B38.59 on the bottom section, which is the amount shown as being deducted on the top (normal bill)

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » February 21, 2020, 12:35 pm

PEA started using the new billing two months ago in our village. They installed these PEA bill boxes in which they will deposit your bill when they read the meter. My wife was able to pay the bill at the 7-11 located at the Dalot Thai Saleet ( Spelling ? ) which is the big market located on the left side headed East on highway 22 going toward Nong Han after you pass the military base. There is a PEA app you can download and pay your bill from your bank account also. Our village PoYa Bans' daughter downloaded the app and she is using it. They originally installed the plastic box with double-sided tape but it did not last and the box fell down shortly after they mounted it. I drilled 3 holes with a masonry bit and remounted the box using screws. I was holding the camera a little crooked when I took the picture.

[img][attachment=0]PEA Bill deposit Box.jpg[/attachment][/img]
Attachments
PEA Bill deposit Box.jpg
PEA Bill deposit box
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » February 21, 2020, 1:56 pm

I actually have the PEA automatically direct debit the Bill amount from my Kasikorn Bank account each month. It is taken out on the 6th of the month. Also the PEA Bill is issued in her, whilst the Kasikorn account is in my name and it all goes smoothly. I don't have to remember to pay it anymore. =D>

Have a PEA App on my phone that has a trend graph that records the last 6 months of Bills with their details. Its great and easy to follow. =D>

No more going to 7 eleven \:D/ \:D/

piopz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » February 21, 2020, 4:10 pm

Same here, meters in Mrs N's name, bank account in my name. PEA update the app with usage on the 26th & take the direct debit on the 11th. Smooth ;)
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » February 21, 2020, 5:01 pm

Yes it took a few trips to the Bank, plus a few trips to two or three PEA offices and signing about 12 pieces of paper, but eventually it was sorted and now works fine.

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » February 21, 2020, 5:21 pm

I was probably lucky.
One quick visit to PEA to find out what to do & dispatched to the bank with forms they'd filled in for me. A longer time than was necessary in the bank while the teller girl explained to me direct debits don't exist so I asked for the manager who sorted her out. I still think she then took too long completing the set up because she was sulking but never mind. About an hour in total.
Back to PEA for them to help me download the app, turns out it was because my phone is linked to the UK iTunes App Store but they sorted it in about 30 mins.
I guess just less than 3 hours in total
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » February 28, 2020, 5:41 pm

today went to pay this new style electric bill at small big c thalaad thaisiri , no ploblem at all (with id card wife) , their fee however has gone up from 5 to 7 baht...as info.. ;)

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » February 29, 2020, 7:25 am

My new bill is 3 pages:-
Page 1 is the Bill
Page 2 is some sort of credit calculation which appears on page 1 as the last item before the total
Page 3 is a receipt for the previous payment.

Pay using my KBank mobile app, just takes a few key strokes - do not have to enter the amount as it appears automatically when I select the PEA icon. Very easy!

Yep - The fixing of the box to the wall is VERY 2nd rate. Most boxes around here have fallen of already. Thais being Thais are using the cheap fiber string to re-secure then.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 29, 2020, 9:34 am

Yep the explanation is as I thought, as for the little box, I affixed it as required, but they still used the letterbox next to it, So I removed it. You really cannot fix stupid can you !!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 29, 2020, 11:50 am

YaaaaaY !! I Got 36 Baht DISCOUNT !!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 29, 2020, 7:55 pm

747man wrote:
February 29, 2020, 11:50 am

Heh Alan .. great buy yerself a new pair of lilac shorts those fookers u hanging now must have seen off a few kilos of wash powder..

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » February 29, 2020, 7:58 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 29, 2020, 7:55 pm
747man wrote:

Heh Alan .. great buy yerself a new pair of lilac shorts those fookers u hanging now must have seen off a few kilos of wash powder..

Dm
The Turin shroud is in better condition than those things

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 1, 2020, 11:15 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 29, 2020, 7:55 pm
747man wrote:

Dm
How Bloody Dare You DM, "Those Things " are Resting in Peace for a long time now, I Know you were only Jealous as they weren't you're Colour !!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”