2020 Aussie Rules season

General sports news and discussions.
GT93
udonmap.com

2020 Aussie Rules season

Post by GT93 » February 17, 2020, 4:17 pm

I read the Kiwi gangster now claims Aboriginal heritage. This is going to get really interesting.

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

noosard
udonmap.com

Re: 2020 Aussie Rules season

Post by noosard » February 17, 2020, 4:33 pm

Bet no teams sponsored by Holden

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » February 18, 2020, 2:43 pm

One can only hope that a person must have identified as indigenous to Australia prior to the High Court decision that has clearly defined aboriginality. If that is not the starting point, we as a nation can kiss goodbye the current deportation policy that is successfully clearing the trash from country.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » February 20, 2020, 1:39 pm

trekkertony wrote:
February 18, 2020, 2:43 pm
One can only hope that a person must have identified as indigenous to Australia prior to the High Court decision that has clearly defined aboriginality. If that is not the starting point, we as a nation can kiss goodbye the current deportation policy that is successfully clearing the trash from country.
Touche \:D/ \:D/

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 22, 2020, 4:47 pm

I haven't seen much on the judgment. I was expecting it might get more coverage. If the equivalent judgment on Maoris was issued by NZ's highest court, I think the media would be saturated with discussion about the judgment for ages.

It seems Mr. Martin might be at the Grand Final this year. I saw his autobiography (well I think it was an autobiography) in a shop a year or two ago. I hadn't realized Dustin Martin nor his dad had Aboriginal heritage.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » February 22, 2020, 5:43 pm

Shane Martin, Dustin 's father, never one not to take advantage of an opportunity, drug related, business, cultural etc,
within days of the high Court decision arrived on a flight from NZ with his letter of endorsement to his aboriginality from an obscure 'Elder' which was challenged by respectable elders in the community and he was subsequently refused entry to Australia.
The natural extension of the High Court decision will be the refusal to extradite first nations people who have been charged with indictable offences in another country.
The above aside, St. Kilda looked sharp against the Hawks and given the change of playing style and influx of quality players from other clubs, will be in the hunt a long way into the season.

Barney
udonmap.com

2020 Aussie Rules season

Post by Barney » February 22, 2020, 6:37 pm

GT93 wrote:I read the Kiwi gangster now claims Aboriginal heritage. This is going to get really interesting.

What a waste of time thread with the first post nothing to do with the AFL.

It’s unfortunate the thread started that way so I’m out for the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » February 23, 2020, 6:55 pm

Gold Coast Suns roasted a depleted Geelong side by more than 60 points. Whilst only a practice match, the confidence and self belief that will come from this win will have other clubs approaching with caution. Geelong will pay a high price for keeping the Son of God on their roster for 2020. It will be very sad to see Gary Ablett faulted to the unrelenting pressure of the young opposition players on the way up

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 3, 2020, 2:28 pm

Perhaps see ya next year Barney you old blouse.

I see the better Sandgroper team is fancied this year. Beating the Kiwi gangster's team looks like being a tough assignment.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 3, 2020, 3:24 pm

Barney wrote:
February 22, 2020, 6:37 pm

What a waste of time thread with the first post nothing to do with the AFL.

It’s unfortunate the thread started that way so I’m out for the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely agree, maybe this thread should be restarted by a genuine Australian AFL supporter!

My last post on this one. [-X
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 3, 2020, 3:41 pm

Piss poor effort. Perhaps see ya next year.

Dustin Martin, Australia's best footballer and seemingly an Aborigine as well, didn't get where he is today by being a sook.

I read the Doggies are fancied to make the eight this year. I hope they do.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » March 4, 2020, 6:32 pm

Dogs have the wobbles first up GT so we'll learn a lot from the get go. We can all be premiers in March so I can't, as yet, see why the sons of the scray can't go all the way.
Tiges, Eagles, Pies and Plastics have to be the fancied outfits. Will also be interesting to see how the Cats go after another finals fade out last year.
Watch Me!!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 5, 2020, 12:54 am

I think the Coronavirus is going to really affect the season and that the average attendance at the games will be sharply down. I wouldn't be keen on getting on a tram or train in Melbourne to go to a game in a few months time.

I hope Essendon has its act together and can look after its players as well as other clubs. Given the club's disgraceful disregard for player welfare on James Hird's watch, the AFL should be quietly checking Essendon is preparing for Coronavirus issues.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » March 5, 2020, 6:16 pm

GT93 wrote:
March 5, 2020, 12:54 am
I think the Coronavirus is going to really affect the season and that the average attendance at the games will be sharply down. I wouldn't be keen on getting on a tram or train in Melbourne to go to a game in a few months time.

I hope Essendon has its act together and can look after its players as well as other clubs. Given the club's disgraceful disregard for player welfare on James Hird's watch, the AFL should be quietly checking Essendon is preparing for Coronavirus issues.
Good news story for the bombers. Best of luck to junior. https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/hir ... 5478a.html
Watch Me!!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 6, 2020, 12:02 pm

Yes, good luck to the young chap. Michael Gleeson was very kind to James Hird. Bring back Caro. :lol:

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 11, 2020, 3:22 pm

I got a bit of a shock to see Collingwood had cancelled Friday's open training. I suppose I shouldn't have. They gotta keep the fans' hands away from the players this season when they enter and leave the field.

Will Brian Taylor, if he has to isolate himself, be able to commentate from home? I hope so. He can make a boring game come to life.

Rugby league looking a bit yucky yet again.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 12, 2020, 12:22 am

I see the Canterbury Bulldogs have now lost a potential major sponsor. I think they'd be doing well to keep any sponsors. Hopefully the AFL clubs are managing this risk effectively.

Carlton's customary drubbing is drawing nearer. \:D/

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 13, 2020, 1:15 am

Perhaps I'm wrong. The season might be suspended? Winter is going to be peak season for Covid 19.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » March 13, 2020, 8:50 am

GT93 wrote:
March 11, 2020, 3:22 pm
Will Brian Taylor, if he has to isolate himself, be able to commentate from home? I hope so.
You can call games from anywhere in the world remotely.Sometimes a slight delay is encountered,however the network will set BT up with the latest tech to ensure its almost 100% in synch.
Voiceover for hire.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 14, 2020, 5:13 am

I wouldn't now jump on a Melbourne tram or train to see Carlton's drubbing even if I had a free ticket and was given a top quality face mask.

I fear the game won't be going ahead and I'll have to get my BT commentary fix from old games on youtube. From memory there are also plenty of clips of him making a big goose of himself as a player.

Return to “World Sports”