U.S. Politics

Earnest
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Earnest » February 12, 2020, 11:25 pm

Bernie Saunders the front runner in the NH Primary? A bit early, I know, but this is how Trump will succeed in securing his second term, there's not a chance in hell of this Democrat getting into the White House. I feel that Sanders nor Buttigieg have the gravitas that Trump currently possesses. In short (and when you compare them to Trump), who are they?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51470088

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » February 13, 2020, 4:03 am

As for Buttigieg, I don't think the U.S. is ready for a Gay President, so if he wins the Democratic nomination the Trumpster is definitely going to win.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 13, 2020, 8:30 am

While it is easy to have a go as it were at Politicians, it really is beginning to amaze me , ( before anyone says anything I include all so-called democracies in this ) just how un-intelligent the general population of the US of A really is .
Are they unable to see or read or even listen to the complete trampling of so-called Democracy currently happeneing in America from diverting funds to pay for a stupid wall, to making sure those who stand against the current P{OTUS seemingly appear to lose jobs, credibility etc.
Now we have the situation where a CONVICTED Person is possibly going to be pardoned not because he deserves it but because he is the Presidents friend . This engineered by the Attorney General it would appear .

When will the Average American wake up and see what is going on , in 9 months they will have a chance, okay they may not like the options but hells bells better than the Child they currently have in the White House, throwing temper tantrums and engaging in Playground activities , while so-called intelligent adults look on and tut.

There are no rational excuses any American can trot out to explain his behaviour nor that of the behaviour of their so-called representatives either in Cngress or the Senate it is like watching a soap opera daily. Reminds me of Nero , playing while Rome burnt, here we have a country going to the dogs while its population sits idly by and watches

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 13, 2020, 8:40 am

This situation with Roger Stone takes the meaning of "friends in high places" to a whole new level. I have never heard in my life of a situation where a prosecutors sentencing recommendation was trumped, no pun intended, by their boss in full public view. Disgusting.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 13, 2020, 8:44 am

I don't know much about Roger Stone. What I do know is that it was shameful to send in a SWAT team to arrest a helpless guy. They made a circus out of the arrest. You would have thought he was public enemy number one. Simply stupid.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 13, 2020, 8:53 am

Witness tampering, obstructing an official proceeding, and five counts of making false statements.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 13, 2020, 8:57 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
February 13, 2020, 8:53 am
Witness tampering, obstructing an official proceeding, and five counts of making false statements.
Does seem rather inconsequential when compared to, say, blackmailing/bribing a foreign country to interfere in a domestic election.

Stone is probably looking forward to receiving the Congressional Medal of Honour sometime later this year. ;)

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 13, 2020, 8:58 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 13, 2020, 8:57 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
Does seem rather inconsequential when compared to, say, blackmailing/bribing a foreign country to interfere in a domestic election.

Stone is probably looking forward to receiving the Congressional Medal of Honour sometime later this year. ;)
Right after he's pardoned

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » February 13, 2020, 9:37 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
February 13, 2020, 8:58 am
jackspratt wrote:
February 13, 2020, 8:57 am
Kenr6583 wrote:

Right after he's pardoned
All we can hope is there is some State charges that can be brought against Stone. If there is and he can be convicted the Trumpster can't pardon him from them.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » February 13, 2020, 9:40 am

Will be interesting to see what his sentence actually ends up.
He is due for sentencing on Feb 20th.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -law-trump

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 13, 2020, 9:52 am

Yes, Roger Stone was a helpless man. Not only did he threaten a witness, after being issued a gag order, he goes on Instagram and posts a picture of the Judge presiding over his case with crosshairs next to her head. A real class act.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 13, 2020, 5:08 pm

Stantheman wrote:
February 13, 2020, 4:03 am
As for Buttigieg, I don't think the U.S. is ready for a Gay President, so if he wins the Democratic nomination the Trumpster is definitely going to win.
And yet they accepted a black President for two terms. Do you think they're ready for a female to hold the post?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 13, 2020, 5:16 pm

I fear a black, lesbian Jew is some way off yet. :D

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » February 13, 2020, 7:41 pm

Earnest wrote:
February 13, 2020, 5:08 pm
Stantheman wrote:
February 13, 2020, 4:03 am
And yet they accepted a black President for two terms. Do you think they're ready for a female to hold the post?
Yes a female will hold the post, if not for her over confidence Clinton might have won the Electoral College. Don't think the females currently running would be elected though.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 13, 2020, 8:55 pm

Was that it? I could never understand why she wasn't that popular.
jackspratt wrote:
February 13, 2020, 5:16 pm
Yep and I don't believe the US has even had a Jewish President yet.

Meanwhile, the UK has had two female and at least one gay PM ( :-$ ).

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 13, 2020, 9:03 pm

Earnest wrote:
February 13, 2020, 8:55 pm
Was that it? I could never understand why she wasn't that popular.
jackspratt wrote:
February 13, 2020, 5:16 pm
Yep and I don't believe the US has even had a Jewish President yet.

Meanwhile, the UK has had two female and at least one gay PM ( :-$ ).
Which is why its so amazing that we managed to get a "mad" one on both sides of the Pond at exactly the same time :roll:

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 13, 2020, 9:24 pm

I wouldn't underestimate either of them, Statts, but I think BoJo is more amenable to being advised. :lol:

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 14, 2020, 1:17 am

I think the anti-Trump forces will rally strongly behind the eventual Democratic candidate. It's even possible quite a few traditional Republicans will vote Democrat or not vote at all this time. The Iowa mess won't be significant later in the year.

The Russians are a wild card. They might find some dirt that has a significant impact for Trump in the key states.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 15, 2020, 8:53 am

I see now the Bloated Orange Bullshiitter has decreed he has the legal right to interfere in the process of justice in the US, further diluting the boundaries of the separation of powers, and subverting democracy. :shock:

The man is a dangerous, narcissistic demagogue. :?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 15, 2020, 9:00 am

Yep, it is officially batshit crazy here now. The POTUS should just get rid of all the judges so he can be judge, jury, and executioner, or pardoner.

BTW..Mitch McConnell also came out and said that there are 395 House bills at the Senate that he is not going to bring up for a vote.

The POTUS is now admitting, now that the impeachment trial is over, that he did in fact send Rudy Giuliani to the Ukraine to dig up dirt on the Bidens.

Return to “U.S. Politics”