The all-new "Getting BREXIT Done" thread.

karonsteve
udonmap.com

Re: The all-new "Getting BREXIT Done" thread.

Post by karonsteve » February 2, 2020, 8:00 am

I hope that Boris decides to send business men to negotiate and not bureaucrats.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 2, 2020, 11:27 am

This whole Brexit deal reminds me of US politics and the democrats. How long are the remoaners going to cry and complain?

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » February 2, 2020, 11:36 am

It is going to be hard to try to unify the Leavers with the Remainers.
One newspaper, the Independent, has today described those celebrating exit from EU as 'knuckle draggers'
Well the Indy has always been biased in favor of EU and is possibly financed by the same person who finances the Grauniad, namely George Soros.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 2, 2020, 12:07 pm

Soros has been a source of hate and discontent all over the world. It's hard to tell just how much damage he is responsible for. There really should be an international holiday celebrating his death when he finally pops his clogs. The world will be a better place when he is gone.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 2, 2020, 12:17 pm

joudon wrote:
February 2, 2020, 11:36 am
It is going to be hard to try to unify the Leavers with the Remainers.
One newspaper, the Independent, has today described those celebrating exit from EU as 'knuckle draggers'
Well the Indy has always been biased in favor of EU and is possibly financed by the same person who finances the Grauniad, namely George Soros.
:confused:

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » February 2, 2020, 12:18 pm

about time he had a drone visit him come on Donald do us all a favour

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 2, 2020, 12:52 pm

minimiglia wrote:
February 2, 2020, 12:18 pm
Why would the Bloated Orange Bullshiitter want to visit Soros? :-"

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » February 2, 2020, 1:36 pm

The orange ,whatever your juvenille perspective calls him ,will be reelected POTUS this year.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » February 2, 2020, 3:43 pm

As Boris says,this is not the end its the beginning of a new era for the UK.
The way the EU has become better we take care of ourselves from now on.
Although there will be problems ahead with negotiations,no doubt,the EU will miss the UK,s considerable contribution to their budget...bad news for Germany and France.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 2, 2020, 4:03 pm

With the riots burning a huge hole in the budget of France and Deutsche Bank staving off collapse it could be a very rough ride for the dear old EU. The southern EU states are already struggling under the burgeoning weight of mass economic migration and the Eastern ones refuse to alleviate the pain by accepting their fair share... any in fact, so much in the all for one, one for all wishes of Gruppenfuhrer Merkel who is herself lacking support from just about anyone.

We’re seeing increasing calls for#Frexit but my money is on #Grexit happening first, their economy still isn’t great and if they can't stop the tide of immigration soon they’re in serious trouble.

All in all I’m right with Nigel Farage (again) I can’t see the project surviving the next 5 years.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 2, 2020, 5:00 pm

I think its only a matter of time before the likes of Hungary , Spain , Italy and others jump ship as it sinks... i reckon France and Germans will cling on till the last life raft is full... by then its too late.

Fingers crossed the Uk will prosper which will speed up other nations holding referendums n leaving.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » February 2, 2020, 7:18 pm

Greater Manchester has almost the same population as Latvia, but the GDP of Greater Manchester is U$60 billion and the GDP of Latvia is U$30 billion. However, under EU rules the president of Latvia had the same voting power as the Prime Minister of UK - and the power to veto UK suggestions. The same sort of situation applies to at least another seven EU countries. Is anyone surprised we wanted to leave? These countries cannot afford to leave the EU as they are carried economically by the rest in return for political loyalty to the unelected EU Commissioners and the German/French wish for a united Europe (as per Napoleon/Kaiser Bill and Adolf).

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » February 2, 2020, 7:36 pm

Bonanza wrote:
February 2, 2020, 7:18 pm
Greater Manchester has almost the same population as Latvia, but the GDP of Greater Manchester is U$60 billion and the GDP of Latvia is U$30 billion. However, under EU rules the president of Latvia had the same voting power as the Prime Minister of UK - and the power to veto UK suggestions. The same sort of situation applies to at least another seven EU countries. Is anyone surprised we wanted to leave? These countries cannot afford to leave the EU as they are carried economically by the rest in return for political loyalty to the unelected EU Commissioners and the German/French wish for a united Europe (as per Napoleon/Kaiser Bill and Adolf).
Using that logic, what business does the UK have sitting as a permanent member of the UN Security Council?
The pissant ankle-biters need to get lost.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 2, 2020, 8:02 pm

Bonanza wrote:
February 2, 2020, 7:18 pm
Why am I not surprised that you conveniently left one of the biggest supporters of a "United States of Europe" off your list?
Sir Winston Churchill :lol:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 2, 2020, 8:09 pm

one commentator summed up events ref Brexit and the current post Brexit feelings quite well IMO

Remainers tended to be from London and the more the affluent in society throughtout the UK .. hence forth they thought and still think those who voted leave and celebrated Brexit are stupid knuckle draggers who didnt understand the consequences due to lack of education ..in short remainers think those leavers are beneath them and feel very bitter the common people won over .. therefore it will be difficult to heal the rift this whole saga has created even if Brexit goes on to be a huge success.

DM

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » February 3, 2020, 7:55 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 2, 2020, 12:52 pm
minimiglia wrote:
February 2, 2020, 12:18 pm
Why would the Bloated Orange Bullshiitter want to visit Soros? :-"
Donald is no bullshitter that was obummer, not visit sorus just take him out and do the world a favour

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 3, 2020, 8:06 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 2, 2020, 8:09 pm
one commentator summed up events ref Brexit and the current post Brexit feelings quite well IMO

Remainers tended to be from London and the more the affluent in society throughtout the UK .. hence forth they thought and still think those who voted leave and celebrated Brexit are stupid knuckle draggers who didnt understand the consequences due to lack of education ..in short remainers think those leavers are beneath them and feel very bitter the common people won over .. therefore it will be difficult to heal the rift this whole saga has created even if Brexit goes on to be a huge success.

DM
Well bugger me sideways! I had absolutely no idea that Scotland was the northernmost borough of London.

When it comes to Leavers being beneath Remainers then yes, simple geography does confirm that the filthy rich and highly educated north London borough of Scotland does indeed languish well above the great unwashed although admittedly, the downside is the generally nonsense weather up there.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » February 3, 2020, 8:35 am

stattointhailand wrote:
February 2, 2020, 8:02 pm

Why am I not surprised that you conveniently left one of the biggest supporters of a "United States of Europe" off your list?
Sir Winston Churchill :lol:
His support for a United Europe was very much driven by his fears over the increasing threat coming from the good old USSR/Mother Russia at the time after WW2 . Same as France and Germany these days, using former USSR states as a buffer zone between Putin's tanks and their own borders.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 3, 2020, 8:36 am

tamada wrote:
February 3, 2020, 8:06 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 2, 2020, 8:09 pm

DM
Well bugger me sideways! I had absolutely no idea that Scotland was the northernmost borough of London.

When it comes to Leavers being beneath Remainers then yes, simple geography does confirm that the filthy rich and highly educated north London borough of Scotland does indeed languish well above the great unwashed although admittedly, the downside is the generally nonsense weather up there.
One COMMENTATOR , tho i tend to share his or her thoughts regarding POSH RICH REMAIN n COMMONER WINDLICKERS LEAVE ... BTW and it was NOT SNPs gobshyte Ian Blackford.

Twill be interesting to see now BREXIT IS DONE if the Scots get their dream (well Sturgeons dream) of another once in a generation INDREF2, its seems our Scottish friends arent to handy at running the place according to fiscal studies , education standards and health... let the Jocks have ago rejoin the EU twood make excellent viewing IMO.

DM .. have a great day Tamster

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 3, 2020, 1:37 pm

^ Wee Nicola is all confused right now. She made a speech coincident with the UK finally leaving the EU advising less haste on Indyref2 and suggesting that it would be best if it happened some time after the Scottish parliamentary elections (which won't happen until next summer at the earliest). Then in the very next breath she goes on to say despite what she just said, she still wants it to happen sooner than later with now being preferred. There's a patient majority of Scots who aren't as hot to trot on independence as she initially suggested when Johnson won the election, signalling the end of the Westminster impasse. However, she also has a restless, blue-faced, kilt wearing, gone commando, radical cadre of SNP that are still integral to her support in Holyrood. She's going to be quite busy herding those cats for the foreseeable future. If she alienates either before the election, her First Minster-ship may be over.

Return to “U.K.”