Sport
udonmap.com

Re: Australia Burns

Post by Sport » January 28, 2020, 3:55 pm

AlexO wrote:
January 23, 2020, 4:19 pm
saint wrote:
January 23, 2020, 9:16 am
Just looked it up , and according to the world bank Australias emissions are double that of China .
These figures are 6 years out of date , so do not include the recent fires ect .
Would tend to agree with you saint. A large percentage of Australia's emissions figures come from their mining and coking coal production operations. Just imagine the result of not selling to China. No market for the mine produce so no more mining. No more huge amounts of emissions from China or Australia, win, win situation.
Thats a load of rubbish. Stick to the facts please.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » January 28, 2020, 4:02 pm

glalt wrote:
January 13, 2020, 7:41 pm
Mother nature has her own methods. When the forests get too overgrown and there are many dead falls, she burns them and gets new growth. If man wants to eliminate forest fires, he will have to cultivate the forest and keep it cleaned up with periodic controlled burns. So yes, i place most of the blame on the misguided tree huggers even though they mean well.
I agree, I put all the blame on the lefty greenie slimes in Oz.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » January 28, 2020, 4:04 pm

Barney wrote:
January 15, 2020, 11:39 am
Why do people, and far to many who do not live in Australia confuse the bushfire subject by involving political leaders and current climate change policies and insist that CO2 and climate change are the cause of bushfires in Australia. It is not. Pure lefty garbage. Australia is following all of the international protocols. There are many other correct reasons for the intense fire season.
We have had the same and worst seasons many times before people got on the climate change bandwagon. The bush will regenerate in a few years. Seen it many times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, right Barney.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » January 28, 2020, 4:18 pm

AlexO wrote:
January 11, 2020, 8:44 am
Sorry Pratt
I have NFI about how much undergrowth can grow in 2 years?? A 5 year old has a better grip on this than you.
Morrison is another failure in a long line of halfwit Aussie politicians who Australians seem to think will sort out the problems that Australia has, Duhhh and you dare criticize Boris.
Khun Flip Flop looks like Einstein in comparison to what, an Australian. Probably agree with that one.
How about stop Aussie bashing Alex. You did visit and live here for a little bit but you have no idea of the Aussie bush and what happens in our fires. You and others just check the TV or receive a call or 2 from Oz. The slimey greens have a lot to answer for this one. The climate is always changing and people say its a crisis, foooken nonsense. I am in the middle of these fires and have fought them and only listen to the local news and brave veteran and young firefighters to form opinions. So the lefty greenie slimes, go foook yourselves.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 28, 2020, 4:56 pm

Sport wrote:
January 28, 2020, 4:18 pm
AlexO wrote:
January 11, 2020, 8:44 am
Sorry Pratt
I have NFI about how much undergrowth can grow in 2 years?? A 5 year old has a better grip on this than you.
Morrison is another failure in a long line of halfwit Aussie politicians who Australians seem to think will sort out the problems that Australia has, Duhhh and you dare criticize Boris.
Khun Flip Flop looks like Einstein in comparison to what, an Australian. Probably agree with that one.
How about stop Aussie bashing Alex. You did visit and live here for a little bit but you have no idea of the Aussie bush and what happens in our fires. You and others just check the TV or receive a call or 2 from Oz. The slimey greens have a lot to answer for this one. The climate is always changing and people say its a crisis, foooken nonsense. I am in the middle of these fires and have fought them and only listen to the local news and brave veteran and young firefighters to form opinions. So the lefty greenie slimes, go foook yourselves.
Seriously not bashing all Aussies, Sport, I have friends and family who carry Australian passports. The initial comments to this thread were based on observations and factual reports from knowledgeable Australians on some of the reasons why these fires have become so devastating. Two of the most important things a fire needs is fuel and oxygen. It stands to reason if you can minimise one or other of these elements then there might be less/ or slightly more controllable fire. There is no chance of reducing oxygen so what is left, reduce the fuel/ brush and leave drop. I am well aware of how flammable Eucalyptus trees and their leave drop can be (I have a few on my land here). I agree that the Greens have had too much say in what happens in your bushlands just the same as in parts of England where they stop river dredging and bank clearance which is the main cause of the flooding being experienced on their flood planes. I was contributing what I felt were serious pertinate points until a certain Pratty waded in with his insults etc.

I truly hope that Australia recovers from this disaster and someone at a higher level starts to look seriously at what can be done in the future including climate change to try and prevent this happening on a regular basis. PS I am no tree hugger.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 28, 2020, 4:59 pm

Are the "greenies" out there with matches, Sport?

If not, your comments regarding them are patent nonsense. Read the facts and data earlier in the thread. :confused:

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » January 28, 2020, 5:45 pm

jackspratt wrote:
January 28, 2020, 4:59 pm

If not, your comments regarding them are patent nonsense. Read the facts and data earlier in the thread. :confused:
The greenies may as well be out there with matches, they are complicit with these fires. I have read enough of this nonsense to form an opinion. And some comments on this thread are crap from non Aussies, just know alls.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 28, 2020, 8:03 pm

Sport wrote:
January 28, 2020, 5:45 pm
jackspratt wrote:
January 28, 2020, 4:59 pm

The greenies may as well be out there with matches, they are complicit with these fires. I have read enough of this nonsense to form an opinion. And some comments on this thread are crap from non Aussies, just know alls.
You, and Alex, are welcome to your opinions....... but please feel free to post some facts on controlled burning, preferably from people/organisations who actually know what they are talking about.

As I have done earlier on this thread.

Alex, at least, seems to recognise that climate change is playing a part in this unfolding, and likely ongoing tragedy in Oz. Including the disproportionate part that Australia's fossil fuel exports are having on world climate.

Disconnect from your politics, and look at the science ffs.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 28, 2020, 8:41 pm

Alex, at least, seems to recognise that climate change is playing a part in this unfolding, and likely ongoing tragedy in Oz. Including the disproportionate part that Australia's fossil fuel exports are having on world climate.

Jeez. Almost agreed with most of what you said. Must be the cooler weather here in Udon.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » January 28, 2020, 9:25 pm

Sorry Ken
Don't know where you get your figures from, go checkout pipoz post of 15 Jan and look at the Pie Chart. Japan nowhere near the biggest contributor.
[/quote]

I googled largest coal importers, Japan was number one, India number 2, and China number 3. This is from 2018.
[/quote]

So what is Japan doing that only produces less than 4% of the planets CO2 emissions if they are burning so much coal. This is also because they had to shut down major nuclear power stations due to the tunamisi's. It is possible to burn coal semi cleanly but it costs money to do so. Something the Chinese and Indians dont seem to be interested in, spending money to help global emissions.
[/quote]

For once I total agree with your statement: "Something the Chinese and Indians dont seem to be interested in, spending money to help global emissions".

Both China and India's philosophy/attitude, is grow their Economies in the quickest and cheapest possible way. It is a fallacy to think for one minute, that either will place the Eonomic benefit of their Country, ahead of that of their own people, let alone ahead of the people of the rest of the world.

It is also naive to think that if Australia did stop selling its coal to China, that China would not (in one minute) turn around and buy whatever coal they needed, from another country, such as Indonesia, South Africa or Russia. :confused:

It is also naive to think that Indonesia, South Africa or Russia would take the same stand as Australia (if Australia decided to stop) and so refuse to sell more of their coal to China. Rather anyone of these three countries would see it as a gift from above. :-k [-o<

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » January 28, 2020, 9:41 pm

Australia`s bush fires are a natural occurance, with the exception from those idiots that start them. Even then the idiots don't start the fires for the same commercial reasons of our Asian neighbours, do

If one was concerned about the CO2 emissions from forest fires, one might also look at the deliberate practices throughout Asia for purely commercial gain and who are the offending Countries, who repeatedly cause the smoke haze throughout Asia, every year.

Indonesia with its massive man-made forest fires during July to October 2019, primarily for the clearing and draining of forest and peatland so that they could create industrial plantations.

The transboundary haze from fires originating from/in Sumatra and Kalimantan that covered Singapore and Malaysia in September 2019. Again much of it for the creation of palm and pulp and paper plantations – Yes the people of the world use and buy paper from Indonesia without a second thought as to how and what it was created from. :-k

Do you or does anyone else think about where their toilet paper came from, each time they wipe their a..se [-X [-X :-k I use a bum spray \:D/ \:D/

Apparently there are about 10,000 Paper and Paperboard Mills in the World, which obviously use Trees from Forrests. Maybe some are from sustainable Forrest, but I am dam sure a lot of those trees are still coming from illegially cleared forrests, throughout Asia and South America.

Do you think about it each time you fry your Fish and Chips in that Palm Oil originating from Malaysia. [-X :-k

So lets boycot or ban toilet paper and cooking oil, made in Asia, as a start :confused: :confused:

The list of potential products that you could boycott or ban to help the World reduce its CO2 emission is endless? so why start and stop at Coal

It`s never going to happen :-k

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » January 29, 2020, 6:12 am

Because coal , like trees is stored CO2 , and burning of either is the worst for poluting our atmosphere .
Russia is one of the worst countries for illegal logging . Whilst a lot of paper does in fact come from renewable and sustainable forests ., so im quite happy wiping my arse with a nice soft tissue thanks .

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 30, 2020, 8:55 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
January 28, 2020, 9:41 pm
Australia`s bush fires are a natural occurance, with the exception from those idiots that start them. Even then the idiots don't start the fires for the same commercial reasons of our Asian neighbours, do

If one was concerned about the CO2 emissions from forest fires, one might also look at the deliberate practices throughout Asia for purely commercial gain and who are the offending Countries, who repeatedly cause the smoke haze throughout Asia, every year.

Indonesia with its massive man-made forest fires during July to October 2019, primarily for the clearing and draining of forest and peatland so that they could create industrial plantations.

The transboundary haze from fires originating from/in Sumatra and Kalimantan that covered Singapore and Malaysia in September 2019. Again much of it for the creation of palm and pulp and paper plantations – Yes the people of the world use and buy paper from Indonesia without a second thought as to how and what it was created from. :-k

Do you or does anyone else think about where their toilet paper came from, each time they wipe their a..se [-X [-X :-k I use a bum spray \:D/ \:D/

Apparently there are about 10,000 Paper and Paperboard Mills in the World, which obviously use Trees from Forrests. Maybe some are from sustainable Forrest, but I am dam sure a lot of those trees are still coming from illegially cleared forrests, throughout Asia and South America.

Do you think about it each time you fry your Fish and Chips in that Palm Oil originating from Malaysia. [-X :-k

So lets boycot or ban toilet paper and cooking oil, made in Asia, as a start :confused: :confused:

The list of potential products that you could boycott or ban to help the World reduce its CO2 emission is endless? so why start and stop at Coal

It`s never going to happen :-k

pipoz4444
I for one do not fancy my fish and chips cooked in palm oil.
It's not just coal for furnaces and power stations that Australia exports abroad its iron ore (coking coal) of which your exports are more than 50% of the worlds sales (some 46 Billion Dollars worth) along side the more than 14 Million Tons of ordinary coal that Aus exports has a significant impact on the Planets emissions of CO2. Its not Australia's singular fault by any means but your impact on World emissions far outways the effect that a Country of the size and population of Australia should have. Incidently that is your biggest chance of dictating to China that if they dont invest in cleaning systems for combustion gases then you could review the sales of iron ore to China as no other Nation comes anywhere near Australia's export levels.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » January 30, 2020, 12:11 pm

This article shows how fast a bushfire spreads.
It is frightening and shows what a dangerous job the firefighters have.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-austr ... can-spread

hairyharry
udonmap.com

Post by hairyharry » January 31, 2020, 4:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEyxORwJqKk

An analysis of future wild fires made 5 years ago.

Both interesting and disturbing.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 31, 2020, 6:11 pm

pal52 wrote:
January 30, 2020, 12:11 pm
This article shows how fast a bushfire spreads.
It is frightening and shows what a dangerous job the firefighters have.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-austr ... can-spread
That is scary ---- ..
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 1, 2020, 6:28 am

The mines in Australia are only 14% owned by Aussies
So if you want to blame someone look closer to home

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » February 1, 2020, 1:34 pm

noosard wrote:
February 1, 2020, 6:28 am
Nope , ive asked around and no one in this home owns a mine of any sort . :-k :-k

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » February 1, 2020, 1:47 pm

noosard wrote:
February 1, 2020, 6:28 am
Supported and encouraged by who. "The Australia Government"

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 1, 2020, 2:18 pm

As most of you know, Kalifornia has its share of forest fires. I lived in that Godforsaken state for five long years. The companies that supply paper mills tried for years to get permission to harvest brush and deadfalls in the forests. The said they would cut no live trees. Paper is basically cellulose and these companies obviously thought they could make some money with their huge wood chippers and supplying the chips to the paper mills.

The tree huggers would have no part of it so Mother Nature cleaned the forests for them.

Return to “World News”