Fatties Don't Book Thai Airways BUSINESS Class

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
timmy
udonmap.com

Re: Fatties Don't Book Thai Airways BUSINESS Class

Post by timmy » January 29, 2020, 6:58 am

jai yen yen wrote:
January 29, 2020, 12:30 am
Doodoo wrote:
January 28, 2020, 9:31 am
Purchasing 2 sets in Business class would not help at all as the seats are not side by side
As mentioned the reason for refusal was that the seat belts would not reach
I was referring to regular seats, buisness class are large enough for just about anybody. Maybe they need seat belt extensions.
the seatbelts in " some " business class seats have built-in " airbags " that's why seatbelt " extensions " cant be used ..

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 29, 2020, 10:17 am

timmy wrote:
January 29, 2020, 6:58 am
jai yen yen wrote:
January 29, 2020, 12:30 am
Doodoo wrote:
January 28, 2020, 9:31 am
Purchasing 2 sets in Business class would not help at all as the seats are not side by side
As mentioned the reason for refusal was that the seat belts would not reach
I was referring to regular seats, buisness class are large enough for just about anybody. Maybe they need seat belt extensions.
the seatbelts in " some " business class seats have built-in " airbags " that's why seatbelt " extensions " cant be used ..
It's been a few years since any of my clients have been happy to fork out for my front-of-the-bus air travel. Now that the industry is picking up again, I better lose some weight lest I get booked on a THAI Dreamliner.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 29, 2020, 10:46 am

dragonz wrote:
January 28, 2020, 8:05 am
Airlines have been talking about this for a long time but are scared of the politically correct brigade . Airlines all run on weight and fuel costs . It would mean everybody would be the same weight on the plane . I do not know the weight but example . Have a big scale at check in . Put all your bags on it and stand on it should not be over say 100kgs . If it is over you pay more . Means slim people could take more luggage and/or would not be subsidizing fat people . Seems fair to me and easy to implement except for the outcry of discriminating against fat people. 20kgs check in and 7 kgs cabin bag has always been ample for me
It’s all really been done by Samoa Air in 2013 https://www.businessinsider.com/samoa- ... ght-2013-4 though it isn’t clear if that is still the way they charge.
The fare is calculated by multiplying a base fare (depending on the route flown) by the total weight of the passenger plus their luggage. So a passenger flying from Apia to Asau weighing 80 kg and carrying 20 kg of luggage would pay US$132 for the flight (100 kg x US$1.32 base fare), while another passenger weighing 60 kg and traveling without luggage would pay US$79.20 (60 kg x US$1.32 base fare) for the same flight. Children are charged in the same way at a 75% rate.
Base fair rates
134D70BF-415D-4B58-9BE1-2030F6EC7EB1.jpeg
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 29, 2020, 11:04 am

These ladies weight had nothing to do with this situation, it was their girth. A guy standing 6ft 2in and weighing 200 lbs is probably going to be fit. A guy standing 5ft 2in weighing the same 200 lbs is probably going to be a little wide somewhere in the body. One is going to sit comfortably in the seat, the other is probably going to be a little snug.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 29, 2020, 6:23 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
January 29, 2020, 11:04 am
These ladies weight had nothing to do with this situation, it was their girth. A guy standing 6ft 2in and weighing 200 lbs is probably going to be fit. A guy standing 5ft 2in weighing the same 200 lbs is probably going to be a little wide somewhere in the body. One is going to sit comfortably in the seat, the other is probably going to be a little snug.
Ah yes, the old, "I'm not fat, I'm just short for my weight" argument.

Maybe it's about time that the International Association of Flying Fatties gets all lawyered-up and sues Boeing and/or the seat makers for fat shaming?

Maybe they already have?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 29, 2020, 7:47 pm

tamada wrote:
January 29, 2020, 6:23 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:
January 29, 2020, 11:04 am
Ah yes, the old, "I'm not fat, I'm just short for my weight" argument.

Maybe it's about time that the International Association of Flying Fatties gets all lawyered-up and sues Boeing and/or the seat makers for fat shaming?

Maybe they already have?
LOL... I think you are misinterpreting what I was trying to say or maybe I was saying it wrong. In these ladies situation, they could not fly in business class on Thai airways because of the seatbelt situation. Individuals on here are making suggestions that weight should be factored into the fair price. I was just pointing out that these ladies weight was not the sole issue of preventing them from flying in business class, it was their girth.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » January 30, 2020, 3:36 am

[quote=samster post_id=563586 time=1580180295 user_. And dont get me started on people who stand flush to the baggage carousel and not behind the line.
[/quote]

Yes agree, that is f....k..n annoying [-X [-X

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » January 30, 2020, 8:18 am

The whole thing needs to be changed . Was ok a few years ago but with so many obese people and aircraft fuel cost based on weight of aircraft it is ridiculous to let somebody get on the plane weighing say 120 kg with 20 kg luggage (140 kg total) the charge a person who weighs 50kg extra for having a case weight 23 kg (73 kg total) .
This needs addressing as it is wrong

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 1, 2020, 12:43 am

dragonz wrote:
January 30, 2020, 8:18 am
The whole thing needs to be changed . Was ok a few years ago but with so many obese people and aircraft fuel cost based on weight of aircraft it is ridiculous to let somebody get on the plane weighing say 120 kg with 20 kg luggage (140 kg total) the charge a person who weighs 50kg extra for having a case weight 23 kg (73 kg total) .
That sort of nickel and dimeing would be for the LCC airlines, no? There's no way in this age for fat shaming and political correctness will any airline be allowed to charge different rates based on the body weight of the passenger no matter how much it rankles the svelte, height-weight proportionate travel with the exact checked baggage allowance for his class of travel... like DM.

However, in this age of finding obscure and bizarre ways of monetizing every single aspect of air travel such charging extra for a window or aisle seat, front of the plane and exit-row seating and no markup for the horrible center-of-three or a no-window seats, the regular carriers need to get a grip on checked versus excess baggage charges. When the tam family was three we were on a flight where the coach class checked bag allowance was 23 kg. I had 1 checked bag with a heavy, single bit of stuff in it that was 26 kg. Mrs tam had her 16kg bag and tam jr had his smaller rolling port that was 11kg tops. Despite having a collective baggage allowance of 69kg but only checking 53 kg or -16 kg under, they STILL insisted I go and pay for my +4 kg before getting our boarding cards.Being the mob of c*nts that they are, this rate is based on the ticket fare. So I decided to be a pain in their ass and asked her pull the labels and recheck the bags with the heaviest one being checked in by my lad and me checking his light one. She was so pissed off and had a face like a torn scone while she did it but at least I didn't give them ALL that they wanted.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 1, 2020, 1:15 am

tamada wrote:
February 1, 2020, 12:43 am
dragonz wrote:
January 30, 2020, 8:18 am
That sort of nickel and dimeing would be for the LCC airlines, no? There's no way in this age for fat shaming and political correctness will any airline be allowed to charge different rates based on the body weight of the passenger no matter how much it rankles the svelte, height-weight proportionate travel with the exact checked baggage allowance for his class of travel... like DM.

However, in this age of finding obscure and bizarre ways of monetizing every single aspect of air travel such charging extra for a window or aisle seat, front of the plane and exit-row seating and no markup for the horrible center-of-three or a no-window seats, the regular carriers need to get a grip on checked versus excess baggage charges. When the tam family was three we were on a flight where the coach class checked bag allowance was 23 kg. I had 1 checked bag with a heavy, single bit of stuff in it that was 26 kg. Mrs tam had her 16kg bag and tam jr had his smaller rolling port that was 11kg tops. Despite having a collective baggage allowance of 69kg but only checking 53 kg or -16 kg under, they STILL insisted I go and pay for my +4 kg before getting our boarding cards.Being the mob of c*nts that they are, this rate is based on the ticket fare. So I decided to be a pain in their ass and asked her pull the labels and recheck the bags with the heaviest one being checked in by my lad and me checking his light one. She was so pissed off and had a face like a torn scone while she did it but at least I didn't give them ALL that they wanted.
IMO .. in the future we will see airlines charging different ticket prices relating to the passengers weight .. same as you can pay for excess or heavy baggage ... so regardless of gender or colour sexual orientation etc (not wishing to annoy Tam n Jack) the obese , fatties , lard arses will be charged more then slim folks like DM ..

All this bollocks regarding the ladies who came for quote .." treatment" in Thailand bears a warning ..

ITS DOESNT WORK ,, the only way to loose weight is to eat less n exercise more ..or contract a serious untreatable illness like AIDSn die.

just sayin ..DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » February 1, 2020, 7:08 am

just a quick " heads up " DONT book seat C34 on Nok flight to BKK on 5th May unless you want to sit next to a
" fat bars*%rd " taking up all the room and stinking of " Archa " just saying ...

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » February 1, 2020, 1:32 pm

Which NOK flight , or do we have to avoid all seat C34 that day ?

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 1, 2020, 6:25 pm

timmy wrote:
February 1, 2020, 7:08 am
just a quick " heads up " DONT book seat C34 on Nok flight to BKK on 5th May unless you want to sit next to a
" fat bars*%rd " taking up all the room and stinking of " Archa " just saying ...
I'm sorry to hear that.

I fly Thai Smile so hopefully I'll be OK.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » February 1, 2020, 8:14 pm

I'll never fly NOK again.
Last time plane rushed to the runway and shook the ---- out of everything and everyone.
Once airborne, the pilot told us how happy he was that we took of early.
At DMK, slammed the plane down at full force then proudly told us we were 10mins early.

I have no doubt that he was on a time bonus.

Time bonuses don't fair well for safety.

No NOK Air for me again.
Mick

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » February 1, 2020, 10:49 pm

My solution to flying these day, without being hit up with the extra airfare expenses and with less hassles, is

1. I only take carry on, in the form of a good size backpack and if absolutely necessary, also a light weight carry on bag. No cargo suitcases whatsoever. Given dry cleaning is a 24 hour cheap service and or buying some extra clothing is relatively cheap at wherever one lands in Thailand or Asia, for that matter. =D>
2. I don't pre-book my seat if when flying economy, which is really only when I fly Domestic. I simply show them my X rays and ask for the Emergency aisle seat. It tends to work more often than not.
3. I don't fly with the Cheap Airlines, those that rarely leave on time. Just found them too unreliable for meeting Connection. I must admit that in Thailand, I only fly Thai Smile, because the are the better of a bad lot and a little more reliable, than most.
4. I fly/travel Solo
5. I never eat the food in-flight. It is generally poor or crap. I just can't understand why people have to gorge themselves on an in-flight meal, of less than average quality, especially when the flight time is only 1,2 or 3 hours. It is as though some of them have not eaten for a week. Then many seem to pretend that they enjoyed the meal. FPAAT :-k :-k

It works for me, may not work for all \:D/ Each to his own

6. Oh and I actually have piss before I get on the plane, not like some of these Baboons that need to get up an run to the toilet, when the plane is taxiing onto the runway. I did ask one guy if he wore a Nappy \:D/

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » February 2, 2020, 7:02 am

saint wrote:
February 1, 2020, 1:32 pm
Which NOK flight , or do we have to avoid all seat C34 that day ?
better safe than sorry , but its the lunch time flight , so I can fill up at B.K before I fly ..

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 2, 2020, 10:17 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
February 1, 2020, 10:49 pm

2. I don't pre-book my seat if when flying economy, which is really only when I fly Domestic. I simply show them my X rays and ask for the Emergency aisle seat. It tends to work more often than not.

pipoz4444
I find it disturbing that an airline would allow someone who needs to carry X-rays, to occupy a seat in an emergency row. :shock:

And I generally enjoy my meal (and a few beverages) when flying - without even pretending. ;)

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » February 2, 2020, 11:52 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 2, 2020, 10:17 am

I find it disturbing that an airline would allow someone who needs to carry X-rays, to occupy a seat in an emergency row.
I tend to agree, NO way would you get away with it on an Australian airline. TW and I were kicked out of our prepaid emergency sets on Jetstar because TWs English was not 100 %!! I kicked up a stink - long story - we finished up in business class.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 2, 2020, 1:24 pm

With boxing match style passenger and baggage weigh-in's and a suggestion that they should pre-test all exit-row seat blaggers to make sure they can hurl a +25 kg emergency door out of the hole it came from, I reckon watching airline check-in aisles could become pretty good entertainment.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 2, 2020, 2:36 pm

Never heard of anyone carrying medical proof let alone Xrays to get a better seating location on a plane .. i reckon the airline check in desk would just ignore it n seat normally ..DM could take acopy of his school exma results from 1982 there were bad enough for me to get an upgrade.

As well as fatties will the airlines try to pick on anyone who is excessively tall ?? .. have acne , a large affro hairstyle , ginger hair , size 49 feet , wear loud un matching cheap clothing , have a speech impediment or abtuse accent and/or smell
in the future a new company called BEAUTIFUL PERFECT AIR WHERE ALL PASSENGERS ARE the correct weight for their height dress with sophistication , use soap and have a nice well manicured non ginger barnet .. with ticket prices double that of FATTIE HARBUCKLE AIRWAYS.

DM..
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Return to “Travel & Transport”