Hmm, find it strange ...

World news discussion forum
Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Re: Hmm, find it strange ...

Post by Kenr6583 » January 13, 2020, 5:17 am

There's some talk out there now that he had Soleimani killed to appease some of the GOP warmongers.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 13, 2020, 7:09 am

Soleimai was an imminent "suicide bomber of mass destrution"

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 13, 2020, 8:05 am

The vicious circle in the world

Out with the OLD Qasem Soleimani Iranian Major General in the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and, from 1998 until his death in 2020, commander of its Quds Force
AND
In with the NEW Esmail Ghaani Iranian Brigadier General in the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and commander of its Quds Force

What has it done? Nothing. Now we have a person in charge with a mission to find ways to honor Soleimani's death and become a National Hero in the eyes of Iran by killing more infidels

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 13, 2020, 8:15 am

Let's be real, if in fact there was a plot attack 4 US embassies, which we all know there wasn't, the assassination of Soleimani would not have stopped it. But I guess now Trump can claim because no embassies have been attacked, he stopped it by killing him. I hate to give him too much credit for thinking that far ahead, I think it just more or less worked out that way.
Last edited by Kenr6583 on January 13, 2020, 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 13, 2020, 8:29 am

Seems you give the pres to much credit
Am pretty sure he has an advisor or 2 on most subjects
Whether he uses the advice is a different matter

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 13, 2020, 8:43 am

noosard wrote:
January 13, 2020, 8:29 am
Seems you give the pres to much credit
Am pretty sure he has an advisor or 2 on most subjects
Whether he uses the advice is a different matter
He has made it a point on more than one occasion that he makes decisions based on his gut. He has even stated that the defense secretary is it easiest job because they do not need to do anything. He doesn't need advisors, because he knows more than the Generals in the military.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 13, 2020, 8:46 am

I am sure he needs those generals, just to give him a target to smoke
Then he needs them to do the smoking

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 13, 2020, 8:49 am

noosard wrote:
January 13, 2020, 8:46 am
I am sure he needs those generals, just to give him a target to smoke
Then he needs them to do the smoking
I think you're right on point. He's got to point the finger at someone if/when things go south.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » January 14, 2020, 6:36 am

tamada wrote:
January 11, 2020, 1:04 pm
papafarang wrote:
January 11, 2020, 10:04 am
Iran ordered the closure of schools ? I think it's called respect for the 3days of mourning,as for expensive funerals ,how much does it cost to a shroud and a lorry, Muslims don't even have to pay for a hole to be dug as traditionally the family dig the hole. Compare that to the amount spent dropping bush into his hole
It's not really respect when you offer people 3 days of free food and accommodation plus transport to come and attend the funeral. If the dead general was such a revered figure, people would make the pilgrimage to pay their last respects without incentives. Maybe Trump needs to take notes on how to make his next inauguration on the Mall look 'yuge'.

When I was stuck in Saddam's Baghdad pre- Desert Storm, we witnessed the 'starving' Iraqi women and 'babies' being bussed to the British Embassy, handed empty babies milk bottles and placards and led by a cheerleader, rail and shout for CNN and other media to show overseas. After 20 minutes, the cheerleader would stop, the women hand over the paraphernalia of protest, get on the bus with their strangely peaceful 'babies' and truck off to the next pre-arranged protest photo-op. In America, one gets a free red cap and the chance to be chosen to stand behind Trump at his rallies and be seen laughing and giggling at his childish name calling on national TV.
The world of propaganda, it's all bs really. I watch most news channels in the faint hope of trying to find some balance, but really just wasting my time as it is truly all BS
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 14, 2020, 7:06 am

The problem with all this Propaganda, reminds me of the Boy and the wolf, after calling out so many times that there was a wolf, eventually no-one believed him and when a REAL wolf did attack, killed the sheep.
These day with so much Fake News, Propaganda that is not even near the truth and all the other BS spewing out of leaders mouths including some people who pretend they actually know what they are talking about. NO-ONE is Listening and Paying attention, so when if ever a Real Problem arises everyone ignores it .
But as they say Bad news sells publicity and papers ..Good news rarely does .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 14, 2020, 11:01 am

Khun Paul wrote:
January 14, 2020, 7:06 am
The problem with all this Propaganda, reminds me of the Boy and the wolf, after calling out so many times that there was a wolf, eventually no-one believed him and when a REAL wolf did attack, killed the sheep.
These day with so much Fake News, Propaganda that is not even near the truth and all the other BS spewing out of leaders mouths including some people who pretend they actually know what they are talking about. NO-ONE is Listening and Paying attention, so when if ever a Real Problem arises everyone ignores it .
But as they say Bad news sells publicity and papers ..Good news rarely does .
Good points indeed KP. There is and always has been an undeniable MSM bias but I think most rational and intelligent people could detect when wool was being pulled over their eyes and make their own decisions. However, with the advent of the broad but specific relabeling of this 'undeniable MSM bias' simply as 'fake news' by a total politically neophyte incumbent POTUS, his administration's disinformation and obfuscation campaign can flow freely.

The less rational and intelligent people, or the 'average Joe' that he is alleged to appeal to with his 'straight talking' have been made aware of the 'undeniable media bias' that was ALWAYS there but were blissfully ignorant of. Suddenly everything that doesn't sit comfortably with hard, right wind conservative rationale is 'fake news' and openly derided. Unfortunately, the 'common man' of the MAGA persuasion hasn't been suddenly enlightened or inspired to do his own research or hold his own counsel. In thrall of a leader that glibly gives opponents childish nicknames, he waits for that leader or his MSM mouthpieces and social media echo chambers to call something 'fake news' and he blindly accepts that as fact. Getting back to KP's comment about the broad inattention to Real Problems, the only problems that exist in their small world are the ones that DJT tells them are problems. Everything else is a fake problem.

DJT's strategy of calling everything else fake news from the get-go and constantly pressing that opinion as often and as publicly as he can ensures that his adoring fanboys will stay as woefully ignorant for as long as he reckons is necessary... say two terms. The whoop-whoop, frat house atmosphere of a typical Trump rally is all the evidence one needs to see how easily manipulated and herded real sheep can be. No previous POTUS did election campaign-style rallies during their presidency. They are akin to the carefully orchestrated public outings of a Maduro or a Marcos. I guess the previous 44 didn't feel the need to herd the sheep as much as 45 does.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 14, 2020, 2:34 pm

And who said being a sheep herder was difficult? But I think these pep rallies he does is more for an ego booster than anything. When he can't get his fill of getting his ass kissed down in his property in Florida, he feels the need to take a road trip, using Air Force One of course, to fill that ego. Such a lonely man.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 14, 2020, 2:45 pm

and of course they have been told not to reveal how much tax payers money is spent protecting him (and family hangers on) until after the election :-$

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 14, 2020, 2:50 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
January 14, 2020, 2:45 pm
and of course they have been told not to reveal how much tax payers money is spent protecting him (and family hangers on) until after the election :-$
Yep, that is our money, taxpayer money, and they won't even let us know how much he is spending on himself or his properties, same difference.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 14, 2020, 3:32 pm

fact is, regardless of administration getting full information on the cost of Presidential travel has been like pulling hen's teeth.. The cost is spread all around; Secret Service Protective details, aircraft fuel, crew and maintenance costs, logistics of moving the "Beast" Cadillac armored limo AND a backup, dedicated presidential communications from the White House Communications Agency, press flacks, planning and on and on and on. Oh and don't forget full per diem and travel costs for the hundreds (if not over a thousand) government employees involved with such travel. Don't like it? Then Congress should put budgetary constraints on it.. It has gotten absolutely ridiculous... A frugal President would limit travel and in doing a weekend getaway use Camp David vice jetting off to play golf...
Dave

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 14, 2020, 6:20 pm

Which pollie does not use public money to travel

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 14, 2020, 7:23 pm

They all do, but they all don't line their pockets by spending the majority of their time at their own properties.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 15, 2020, 11:24 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
January 14, 2020, 7:23 pm
They all do, but they all don't line their pockets by spending the majority of their time at their own properties.
You forgot to mention the fact that "standard price" rooms are always "sold out" and that the other rooms have their price inflated to THIRTEEN TIMES the normal price for any local Trump events [-X

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 16, 2020, 12:24 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
January 14, 2020, 3:32 pm
fact is, regardless of administration getting full information on the cost of Presidential travel has been like pulling hen's teeth.. The cost is spread all around; Secret Service Protective details, aircraft fuel, crew and maintenance costs, logistics of moving the "Beast" Cadillac armored limo AND a backup, dedicated presidential communications from the White House Communications Agency, press flacks, planning and on and on and on. Oh and don't forget full per diem and travel costs for the hundreds (if not over a thousand) government employees involved with such travel. Don't like it? Then Congress should put budgetary constraints on it.. It has gotten absolutely ridiculous... A frugal President would limit travel and in doing a weekend getaway use Camp David vice jetting off to play golf...
Unfortunately there has always been budgetary constraints. The cost for the secret service is actually in the budget, but he's gone over budget since day one. If I remember correctly, they ran out of money, meaning for the secret service, within nine months his first year in office.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 16, 2020, 6:53 pm

Perhaps if he didnt p*ss so many people/nations off it wouldn't cost anywhere near as much to stop people getting retribution :-k

Return to “World News”