glalt wrote:
January 14, 2020, 1:15 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:
January 14, 2020, 4:38 am
glalt wrote:
January 13, 2020, 9:03 pm
Doodoo wrote:
January 13, 2020, 7:54 pm
"SURELY SURELY Trump must have done something you guys can applaud him for .. ANYTHING .. i cant see wgy most people dont like him seems like areally nice genuine guy to me doing his best in a very difficult job."

Now your pleading with us to provide you with Nice things he has done?
I for one cant do it and wont do it

Good luck in your search
Sometime beyond 2020 you are going to have to get over your anti Trump bias. At this time you refuse to admit that things are going well and NOT because of Obama.
How do you know if things are going well here?
How do I know? I have eyes, ears and I even know how to read. I even know what numbers mean. I use my computer to get the latest news and can differentiate between fake news from actual facts.
Well why don't you move here and experience all the great things you read, see, and hear? Numbers alone and Fox Entertainment do not tell the whole story. But I'm sure "alternative facts" is what you consider actual facts. Remember what the POTUS and his minions say, don't believe anything you read, see, or hear. Come live the dream.

TJ
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by TJ » January 14, 2020, 5:11 pm

It is not so strange that so many forum posters are unaware of President Trump's administration's success, but hold opinions based on the lies and disinformation spread by the leftist media. Here is some evidence of the media bias.

Trump Economy Gets Less Than 1% of Network Evening News Coverage

A new Media Research Center analysis found that the three major network evening newscasts only gave President Donald Trump’s booming economy and U.S. trade nine minutes of coverage since the House Democrats’ impeachment push began on Sept. 24, 2019.

The analysis found that ABC, CBS and NBC gave Trump’s economy only nine minutes of coverage combined across the three networks’ evening newscasts out of 1,098 total minutes during the period of September 24, 2019 - January 1, 2020. This means that any news on Trump’s economy (including his trade negotiations) only accounted for a ridiculous 0.8 percent (less than 1 percent) of coverage across 100 days.

To put that into context, impeachment/Ukraine probe dominated the liberal network airwaves with a whopping 849 minutes of airtime combined.

Since the economy has proven to be one of the president’s biggest successes during his administration, it makes sense the liberal media would try to avoid covering it as much as possible.

Specifics from the analysis found that “[t]he administration’s trade talks with China were given just over six minutes of coverage during these 100 days, while the successful effort to get the USMCA trade deal through the House received a scant 66 seconds of airtime.”

Talk about glaring bias.

The Wall Street Journal reported Jan. 1 in a piece headlined “The Bull Market is Charging into 2020,” that stocks across the globe “closed out one of their best years over the past decade, defying money managers who began 2019 expecting the bull market to be upended by threats from the U.S.-China trade fight and a slowdown in growth” [emphasis added]. The Journal noted that unlike prior runs of this sort, “few see the rally ending soon.” And CNBC reported Dec. 31, 2019 that “Goldman Sachs is saying the economy is nearly recession-proof” [emphasis added].

The Journal noted:

“Many investment banks forecast solid, if modest, gains for the coming year, citing central banks’ easy-money policies, a resilient U.S. economy and a breakthrough in Washington-Beijing trade talks” [emphasis added].

The MRC analysis made it clear that none of these developments were deemed nearly as newsworthy when matched up against the liberal media-driven impeachment.

Consider other crucial economic developments from late in 2019 that received scant coverage next to impeachment.

The December 6, 2019 jobs report by the Bureau of Labor Statistics was case in point. CNBC called the jobs market results a “stellar performance,” and further noted that the 266,000 jobs added for November were “better than the 187,000 expected by economists polled by Dow Jones.” And even CNN admitted Dec. 6 that a “couple of generations of people have not seen this kind of unemployment rate [3.5 percent]."

It would appear that ABC, CBS and NBC were more concerned with pushing their liberal impeachment agenda than actually reporting news that affects jobs and the American people’s pocketbooks.

NewsBusters’ Senior Editor Rich Noyes and research analyst Bill D’Agostino contributed to this report.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/busin ... s-coverage

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 14, 2020, 7:04 pm

Then explain why we are running a $1 trillion deficit in this great economy. Explain why the 1.6% cola increase for social security recipients was offset by the 7% Medicare increase and drug price increase. Explain why manufacturing is in a retraction, major trucking companies going bankrupt, steel and coal mining companies closing. Explain why the Fed is doing repos and lowering interest rates. Explain why we do not have a new great health care plan. Explain these important things and not cherry pick.
Last edited by Kenr6583 on January 15, 2020, 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 14, 2020, 8:38 pm

TJ wrote:
January 14, 2020, 5:11 pm
It is not so strange that so many forum posters are unaware of President Trump's administration's success, but hold opinions based on the lies and disinformation spread by the leftist media. Here is some evidence of the media bias.

Trump Economy Gets Less Than 1% of Network Evening News Coverage

A new Media Research Center analysis found that the three major network evening newscasts only gave President Donald Trump’s booming economy and U.S. trade nine minutes of coverage since the House Democrats’ impeachment push began on Sept. 24, 2019.

The analysis found that ABC, CBS and NBC gave Trump’s economy only nine minutes of coverage combined across the three networks’ evening newscasts out of 1,098 total minutes during the period of September 24, 2019 - January 1, 2020. This means that any news on Trump’s economy (including his trade negotiations) only accounted for a ridiculous 0.8 percent (less than 1 percent) of coverage across 100 days.

To put that into context, impeachment/Ukraine probe dominated the liberal network airwaves with a whopping 849 minutes of airtime combined.

Since the economy has proven to be one of the president’s biggest successes during his administration, it makes sense the liberal media would try to avoid covering it as much as possible.

Specifics from the analysis found that “[t]he administration’s trade talks with China were given just over six minutes of coverage during these 100 days, while the successful effort to get the USMCA trade deal through the House received a scant 66 seconds of airtime.”

Talk about glaring bias.

The Wall Street Journal reported Jan. 1 in a piece headlined “The Bull Market is Charging into 2020,” that stocks across the globe “closed out one of their best years over the past decade, defying money managers who began 2019 expecting the bull market to be upended by threats from the U.S.-China trade fight and a slowdown in growth” [emphasis added]. The Journal noted that unlike prior runs of this sort, “few see the rally ending soon.” And CNBC reported Dec. 31, 2019 that “Goldman Sachs is saying the economy is nearly recession-proof” [emphasis added].

The Journal noted:

“Many investment banks forecast solid, if modest, gains for the coming year, citing central banks’ easy-money policies, a resilient U.S. economy and a breakthrough in Washington-Beijing trade talks” [emphasis added].

The MRC analysis made it clear that none of these developments were deemed nearly as newsworthy when matched up against the liberal media-driven impeachment.

Consider other crucial economic developments from late in 2019 that received scant coverage next to impeachment.

The December 6, 2019 jobs report by the Bureau of Labor Statistics was case in point. CNBC called the jobs market results a “stellar performance,” and further noted that the 266,000 jobs added for November were “better than the 187,000 expected by economists polled by Dow Jones.” And even CNN admitted Dec. 6 that a “couple of generations of people have not seen this kind of unemployment rate [3.5 percent]."

It would appear that ABC, CBS and NBC were more concerned with pushing their liberal impeachment agenda than actually reporting news that affects jobs and the American people’s pocketbooks.

NewsBusters’ Senior Editor Rich Noyes and research analyst Bill D’Agostino contributed to this report.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/busin ... s-coverage
DM SAYS .. =D> =D>
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 14, 2020, 8:39 pm

SO maybe there a re just as many Trump lovers supporters as haters n attackers .. interesting

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 14, 2020, 9:55 pm

A couple of quotes from a new book by a former Republican strategist and ad man ie an insider:
Do not, as my party did, underestimate the evil, desperate nature of evil desperate people. Do not come to this fight believing that the Trump team views any action, including outright criminality, as off limits. [The 2020 election] is a battle that decides whether they have an unlimited runway to create a dynastic kleptocracy based on an authoritarian personality cult that makes North Korea look like Sweden, or whether the immune system of the Republic kicks in and purges them from the body public …

There is no bottom. There is no shame. There are no limits … He is surrounded by cowards with frightening and tremendous skills …
and:
Wilson writes that Trump will “go down in history with asterisks next to his name for endemic corruption, outrageous stupidity, egregious cruelty and inhumanity, for diminishing the presidency and the nation, and for being a lout with a terrible wig”.
and:
His lawlessness and contempt for ethics is a feature, not a bug. He ran as ‘too rich to be bought’ but governs as ‘Hey sailor, wanna date?’ … Trump’s venality and willingness to fleece the GOP rubes doesn’t repel them – it’s what attracts them.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... mp-missile

Pretty scary if you take a couple of minutes to think about it. :shock:

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 14, 2020, 10:46 pm

Rather than all the BS lies and criticism, the 2020 election will tell the true story. It's like the old story that you can fool some of the people all the time but you cannot fool all the people all of the time. What will be your excuses when Trump wins in a landslide? Do you think all voters are stupid?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 14, 2020, 10:55 pm

glalt wrote:
January 14, 2020, 10:46 pm
Do you think all voters are stupid?
Certainly not all - but as 2016 proved, just enough to get the Electoral College to endorse an ignorant, venal, money grubbing narcissist.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 15, 2020, 12:03 am

glalt wrote:
Rather than all the BS lies and criticism, the 2020 election will tell the true story. It's like the old story that you can fool some of the people all the time but you cannot fool all the people all of the time. What will be your excuses when Trump wins in a landslide? Do you think all voters are stupid?
Why didn't you respond to my earlier post? Or are you just into the racist third grade name-calling taunting that he is so good at?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 15, 2020, 1:20 am

glalt wrote:
By the way, the actual saying is, "you can fool most of the people some of the time, some of the people most of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time".

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » January 15, 2020, 6:11 am

“There are none so blind as those who will not see. Understanding cannot be forced on someone who chooses to be ignorant”. Bring on 2020

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 15, 2020, 6:26 am

lol

20 20 vision or the year

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 15, 2020, 6:34 am

Ignorant people follow blindly, that's Trump's cult. They will believe a lie before a truth as long as Trump says it.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 15, 2020, 8:17 am

Then explain why we are running a $1 trillion deficit in this great economy. Explain why the 1.6% cola increase for social security recipients was offset by the 7% Medicare increase and drug price increase. Explain why manufacturing is in a retraction, major trucking companies going bankrupt, steel and coal mining companies closing. Explain why the Fed is doing repos and lowering interest rates. Explain why we do not have a new great health care plan. Explain these important things and not cherry pick.

As for the stock market, only 52% of Americans are vested in it, and out of that, 10% own 84% of the market. So how does that help the average worker?

Still waiting for someone to explain this. Or is all you have is wait till 2020?

pipadoo
udonmap.com

Post by pipadoo » January 15, 2020, 8:33 am

Hi Kenr
I suppose you still believe the earth is flat and the tooth fairy

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 15, 2020, 8:34 am

pipadoo wrote:
January 15, 2020, 8:33 am
Hi Kenr
I suppose you still believe the earth is flat and the tooth fairy
Is there anything I said that was not accurate? But I guess you're one of "those" who claim anyone who disagrees with Trump can't have a conversation. But I'm sure you still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Oops, did I let the cat out of the bag?

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » January 15, 2020, 8:42 am

trekkertony wrote:
January 15, 2020, 6:11 am
“There are none so blind as those who will not see. Understanding cannot be forced on someone who chooses to be ignorant”. Bring on 2020
Waste of time commenting on this post as if u r a trump supporter or even think he is doing good you will be attacked for your views.
There are a lot more people who like trump than dislike him and November will show that with a landslide . .Problem is while i respect peoples right to have a view , people with trump derangement syndrome will never respect your views and actually think you are either very evil or very stupid for respecting trump so those people find it easier just to keep quiet.
This was one of the reasons the polls were so wrong was that people were scared to say they would vote for trump in fear of being attacked.
Even kenr6583 is entitled to his views tough i disagree with them

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » January 15, 2020, 9:58 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
January 15, 2020, 6:34 am
Ignorant people follow blindly, that's Trump's cult. They will believe a lie before a truth as long as Trump says it.
Trump may not be perfect but do you really think the democrats will be any batter?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 15, 2020, 10:11 am

jai yen yen wrote:
January 15, 2020, 9:58 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
January 15, 2020, 6:34 am
Trump may not be perfect but do you really think the democrats will be any batter?
Why does everybody on here think I'm a Democrat, just because I speak out against Trump? Please go back to my earlier posts, I am not a Democrat.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » January 15, 2020, 11:38 am

Kenr6583, do you endorse the conduct of those who have ‘cancelled’ Vince Vaughan for shaking hands with POTUS?

Return to “U.S. Politics”