St Mary's school

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: St Mary's school

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 14, 2020, 8:50 pm

Ridiculous , HTF can u test a young kiddie like that and accurately access if they are worthy of a place ,who wheres the most flowery dress prettiest hair , total crap .. .. Its more so how much the parents can stump up in an under the table DONATION TO THE SCHOOL .. as to who really passes these fake crazy kingergarten tests .. its all about the money always has been always will be same as Don Bosco n all others

dm OMO

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 15, 2020, 6:26 am

Well said DM, tis true St Marys is part of the Don Bosco school empire with schools across the country and the world. A friend of mine recently had to stump up 20k for his son who passed for M4, which does not start until Feb.. Go figure, no money no place .
Plus they test anything and everything, and to my personal knowledge those that do not make the grade the first time are retested and retested, until by a stoke of luck seem to pass, The only failures I ever saw are those from Kindergarten to P1, P6 to M1, M3 to M4 , That may be to restrict the number of students to fit into the allowable number of students in the receiving year , or maybe the fact that each move costs money in some cases a lot of it . The Don Bosco Group is not cheap and never will be and the saying Bullshit baffles brains, well in this case BS makes MONEY .

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » January 15, 2020, 6:38 am

Our daughter did a couple of tests to enter St Marys Kindergarten year 2, they were merely a check that she knew, most of anyway, her Thai and English alphabet, could add up and how good her writing was... Never a mention to myself or the wife of 'eroneous' payments just an explanation of school fees. I'm not saying it doesn't happen just not to us or any St Mary's parent we know.
There are far more applications for Kindy than they can physically place, guess they have to draw a line somewhere.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » January 15, 2020, 7:20 am

Chriss wrote:
January 15, 2020, 6:38 am
Our daughter did a couple of tests to enter St Marys Kindergarten year 2, they were merely a check that she knew, most of anyway, her Thai and English alphabet, could add up and how good her writing was... Never a mention to myself or the wife of 'eroneous' payments just an explanation of school fees. I'm not saying it doesn't happen just not to us or any St Mary's parent we know.
There are far more applications for Kindy than they can physically place, guess they have to draw a line somewhere.
Yes, that's it in a nutshell. I have never heard of a payment under the table at SM. However, DB and UP are a different matter.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » January 15, 2020, 3:45 pm

Yes, our daughter failed the kindergarten entry test at Don Bosco 4 or 5 years ago, but got in to St Marys. More to do with the fact she was terrified of the crowds at Don Bosco and wasn't functioning. I have heard plenty of stories of demands for under the table payments at Don Bosco, certainly in the past, but never at St Marys.

Still have the 'closed tomorrow' problem...... Mak seems to get better info!

Return to “Education/Schools”