The U.K.'s Christmas Election

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: The U.K.'s Christmas Election

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 12, 2019, 10:39 am

VOTE BORIS .. N LETS GET BRECIT DONE

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » December 12, 2019, 12:15 pm

People posting links to """"""news"""""""" from either the Guardian or the Independent must be pretty gullible or perhaps still believe in Santa Claus. A quick look at the UK's daily newspapers circulation figures ,put them both pretty much at the bottom....ALWAYS ! Read only by the hard left and of course the BBC newsdesk team.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 12, 2019, 12:23 pm

joudon wrote:
December 12, 2019, 12:15 pm
People posting links to """"""news"""""""" from either the Guardian or the Independent must be pretty gullible or perhaps still believe in Santa Claus. A quick look at the UK's daily newspapers circulation figures ,put them both pretty much at the bottom....ALWAYS ! Read only by the hard left and of course the BBC newsdesk team.
You keep banging on about fake news and gullible voters as if you have some exclusive, all-knowing lock on the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Notably, you don't post any links to any of the sources that you believe speak the truth. This is probably a good thing since from other threads, we have a pretty good idea on where your head is. However, in the interests of fair debate and open mindedness, you could try and justify your condescending, 'smarter than thou' attitude by posting something that counters or even disproves what you claim certain outlets of the British MSM are posting.

Otherwise, you can eat my shorts.

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » December 12, 2019, 1:52 pm

I really can't see what all the fuss is about - fake news, gullible voters, newspapers etc.

Be patient for a few more hours and we will all find out how the British electorate has decided to vote.

(Then wait for the losers to tell us why it is all wrong etc etc ad nauseum, ad infinitum.)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 12, 2019, 2:01 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 12, 2019, 10:39 am
BRECIT ??

Sure fire way to get BREAKIT done :lol:

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » December 12, 2019, 2:46 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
December 12, 2019, 2:01 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 12, 2019, 10:39 am
BRECIT ??

Sure fire way to get BREAKIT done :lol:
I don't understand, we are on the verge of the most important election in my 80 odd years and some posters are nit picking about a simple spelling mistake, whether you are for or against, a decisive majority voted OUT therefore a government that will carry out the will of most people is the only democratic choice. How anyone can consider supporting a party whose leader still doesn't know, even after more than three years thinking about it but can consider an alliance with another group whose main , perhaps only policy is to destroy the United Kingdom ,simply to grab power, or the other alternative, a party that openly opposes the wish of the democratic majority of voters by holding another referendum on the subject.Supposing , and I think the most likely outcome was still OUT, what then?Another three years of uncertainty which would most certainly destroy what little credibility we as a nation have left.In the meantime lowering any value that the pound may have left, effecting the pockets of us all .
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 12, 2019, 3:53 pm

Old Grumpy wrote:
December 10, 2019, 3:37 pm
Yes I'm afraid so , at my age after so many years of worrying about all and sundry I have realised no one is going to worry about me except myself and experience has taught me its no good worrying about what you can not change, especially when it doesn't effect you. It's a fruitless exercise, better things to spend my remaining days doing especially here in Thailand, surprised you haven't worked that simple equation out . :-"
Val, why are you worrying so much about the election result, when it is not something you can change. And except for your hip pocket (either positive or negative), it is unlikely to affect you? :-k

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » December 12, 2019, 4:22 pm

jackspratt wrote:
December 12, 2019, 3:53 pm
Old Grumpy wrote:
December 10, 2019, 3:37 pm
Yes I'm afraid so , at my age after so many years of worrying about all and sundry I have realised no one is going to worry about me except myself and experience has taught me its no good worrying about what you can not change, especially when it doesn't effect you. It's a fruitless exercise, better things to spend my remaining days doing especially here in Thailand, surprised you haven't worked that simple equation out . :-"
Val, why are you worrying so much about the election result, when it is not something you can change. And except for your hip pocket (either positive or negative), it is unlikely to affect you? :-k
How much money I have in my pocket effects everything I do in my retirement, whereas the state of schools , hospitals even proposed nationalised industries, whilst I sympathise with those back home who are affected, doesn't even raise a drop of sweat on my brow.
Age is a matter of mind.
Mark Twain,

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » December 13, 2019, 5:37 am

Exit polls looking good for Bojo, 80+ forecast.Polling stations closed now. Back to bed, up again in a couple of hours as the results should start coming in .,Haven't been this happy for a long time. :lol: =D>
Age is a matter of mind.
Mark Twain,

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » December 13, 2019, 6:12 am

Now then... Who replaces Jezza? :mrgreen:

86Tiger
udonmap.com

Post by 86Tiger » December 13, 2019, 11:25 am

Congrats to all our freedom loving UK bretheren.

=D>

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 13, 2019, 11:57 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
December 13, 2019, 5:37 am
Exit polls looking good for Bojo, 80+ forecast.Polling stations closed now. Back to bed, up again in a couple of hours as the results should start coming in .,Haven't been this happy for a long time. :lol: =D>
Pound's up so it's your shout.

TAP? Say around happy hour?

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » December 13, 2019, 12:57 pm

Confirmed that the Tories have won the election with an overall majority.
Brexit completed by 31 January after three and a half years of dithering and MP, s voting for their own self interests instead of respecting the referendum result.
Pound soaring almost 41 THB now... not long before us Brit's are regarded as "hansum men" again. :D
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 13, 2019, 1:00 pm

Old Grumpy wrote:
December 13, 2019, 5:37 am
I deed exit polls are lookiing fandaeedozzi .. evem.Mcdonald has admiited labour are in a real mess .. watch corbs n all.hishangers on inc abbottn tbornbury run for the hills ..

Diane Abbott when out to vote in odd shoes ..2 left ones ..says it all.really ..to think she was in.line for a high profile job in a labour government is scary ..very scary when she ca t get dressed properly .
Voted Boris pound suging

Now lets get Brexit done

Tha ks Zid ..great news

Dm.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 13, 2019, 2:23 pm

Tories in with an increased and very much workable majority for a change. I hope DM and everyone else keeps their copy of their manifesto and fact checks the new government on deliverables.

Brexit is kick-started, dead bugs wiped of the windshield and wheeled out of the garage... stalled... parliamentary obfuscation and legal challenges flattens the battery.

Don't forget that the EU have to approve any of the 'changes' that Johnson has recently thrown out as so much unsubstantiated voter bait.

With the DUP falling over in NI and nationalists resurgent, getting Stormont up and running again is paramount. The joke of having part of the Union being run by civil servants has gone on for long enough. There will be Indyref2 somewhere in the mix but it will be a WHOLE OF THE UK referendum. It is THAT important now.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » December 13, 2019, 2:53 pm

Zidane wrote:
December 13, 2019, 12:57 pm
Confirmed that the Tories have won the election with an overall majority.
Brexit completed by 31 January after three and a half years of dithering and MP, s voting for their own self interests instead of respecting the referendum result.
Pound soaring almost 41 THB now... not long before us Brit's are regarded as "hansum men" again. :D
Not celebrating a Tory victory as much as absolute relief that Corbyn and his Marxist halfwits have been shown the door.

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » December 13, 2019, 2:54 pm

The EU has to approve any changes........................well considering the EU need the UK more than The UK needs the EU then 'call my bluff' LEAVE 31/01

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » December 13, 2019, 3:20 pm

Tamada
I do not want to cause offence with my comments but in essence my comments are mine.
You correctly state that I do not offer links to other websites..TRUE
i BELIEVE Udon Map posts should be personal beliefs and comments. If Including links you, are inviting comments and views from outside. I regularly surf many news sites. My 'red rag to bull'moments come with links to both the UK Guardian and independent newspapers who both seemingly backed by Yahoo and the BBC are so biased as to be treated with contempt.
I look forward as always to your personal views and input.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 13, 2019, 5:00 pm

joudon wrote:
December 13, 2019, 2:54 pm
The EU has to approve any changes........................well considering the EU need the UK more than The UK needs the EU then 'call my bluff' LEAVE 31/01
But once the UK pays the 'divorce bill', there's nothing else the EU needs from the UK, no?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 13, 2019, 5:24 pm

Well donr Boris ..heres the PMs VICTORY speech ..

Listen n enjoy hes a great speaker IMO

https://youtu.be/5S1MGvnOHME

Return to “U.K.”