English Premier League 2019/20

General sports news and discussions.
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: English Premier League 2019/20

Post by tamada » December 1, 2019, 6:36 pm

Rodgers to The Emirates?

Leicester are reportedly set to demand a compensation fee of around £14million for his services.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... Emery-sack

Personally, I think he'd be a mug to change horses again so soon. Success with Celtic wasn't ever going be challenging and in my book, it doesn't place Rodgers "up there'' with the elite managers quite yet. He does appear to have found The Foxes blue touchpaper though and they are pretty much the elephant in the EPL room while Liverpool start to scrape out wins and City start to scrape out draws. If he goes to Arsenal, he inherits the dented ego's of Ozil and Xhaka as well as motivating the inconsistent Aubameyang and lacklustre David Luiz. Lacazette seems to be their only consistent self-starter at the moment. Rodgers didn't do too well when he had to stroke Suarez's temperamental talent and face down Sterling's ridiculous wage demands at Anfield. Granted that was probably more down to lack of support from the owners but who's to say the Kroenke's are going to give him carte blanche? I say leave Freddie Ljungberg as interim manager until the end of season and let him keep working to expunge the ghost of Wenger past.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 1, 2019, 7:44 pm

Another one bites the dust ........ Quique Sanchez Flores sacked by Watford

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » December 1, 2019, 7:54 pm

corner.JPG
Not really a football fan any longer due to the cheating and crying but i still watch match of the day . Watching liverpool v brighton and this corner led to liverpools 2nd goal . I thought the ball was outside the quadrant and said so on facebook but everybody told me i was wrong and it was ok . Most stating that as long as a part of the ball is overhanging the line it is ok . I know when i played football in wales for 15 yrs , no ref would have allowed me to do that . So is it ok or not? if not where was ref ., linesman , vars official ?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 1, 2019, 8:02 pm

Watford say it was down to results, even though VAR once again c*cked it up yesterday, causing Watford to lose ....

"VAR officials have admitted Danny Ings' equaliser for Southampton against Watford should have been disallowed for handball by Moussa Djenepo in the build-up.

The Southampton winger appeared to touch the ball with his hand inside the penalty area before crossing for Ings to make it 1-1 in the 78th minute of a crucial clash between two sides struggling towards the foot of the Premier League."

Not happy that their f*** ups are causing wrong results and taking the enjoyment out of goalscoring/celebrating (it IS supposed to be entertainment after all) they are now directly responsible for people losing their jobs.
Do EVERYONE a favour, scrap it now go back to your little childrens computer football games and come back when VAR works [-X :evil: [-X :evil: [-X

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » December 1, 2019, 10:54 pm

The Everton faithful :roll: cheering on Leicester today. Put some pressure on Liverpool and get Silva out.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 2, 2019, 10:55 am

dragonz wrote:
December 1, 2019, 7:54 pm
corner.JPG
Not really a football fan any longer due to the cheating and crying but i still watch match of the day . Watching liverpool v brighton and this corner led to liverpools 2nd goal . I thought the ball was outside the quadrant and said so on facebook but everybody told me i was wrong and it was ok . Most stating that as long as a part of the ball is overhanging the line it is ok . I know when i played football in wales for 15 yrs , no ref would have allowed me to do that . So is it ok or not? if not where was ref ., linesman , vars official ?
You have hit on one of my pet hates as well. This arbitrary ball placement should be corrected by the Linesman, no? The ball has to be in contact with some part of the arc, goal line or sideline WITHIN the arc and not out in free space. I recall the ref had Ozil retake a corner yesterday but maybe that was due to him taking it before the ref whistled? Either way, the ref ran over and made sure it was placed on the arc.

One of the other 'turn a blind eye' moments was when a second game ball that was thrown from the end stands onto the field of play a good couple of seconds before Aubameyang netted the second equalizer. I thought that only one ball was allowed on the field of play at one time? Maybe the ref who made a meal out of retaking their first half penalty and retaking the earlier corner filed that one in the too hard basket??

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... l-norwich/

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 2, 2019, 11:16 am

Agree tam, and another of my pet hates is the retaking of pens when someone has "encroached"
Just coz someone was 2 feet inside the area doesnt make the ball go in a different direction, or indeed make the keepers arms 6 ins longer :evil: The ONLY time it should be retaken is when the encroaching player plays (either scoring or clearing) the ball.

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » December 2, 2019, 11:22 am

stattointhailand wrote:
December 2, 2019, 11:16 am
Agree tam, and another of my pet hates is the retaking of pens when someone has "encroached"
Just coz someone was 2 feet inside the area doesnt make the ball go in a different direction, or indeed make the keepers arms 6 ins longer :evil: The ONLY time it should be retaken is when the encroaching player plays (either scoring or clearing) the ball.
or the keeper leaves his line as the penalty taker is on his run up????

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 2, 2019, 11:26 am

dragonz wrote:
corner.JPG
Yes You are CORRECT the ball was OUTSIDE the Quadrant but I Was just waiting for somebody else to post this,NOT A Red either because it would have been " Oh Here he goes AGAIN " They certainly are the " Masters of Spawn " Get EVERY Decsision in their Favour...Yeah That's LiVARpool !!

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » December 2, 2019, 11:35 am

Talking about 2 balls on the pitch at once who remembers this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUvHP-d03Bo

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » December 2, 2019, 4:14 pm

The game is pretty much ruined for me now. Years ago the linesman used to stand on the line to prevent you stealing yards on a throw in and check that the ball was correctly placed for a corner .This var is absolute crap . I think 80% of the decisions i see i do not agree with I see offside given when a guys arm is offside ?!Surely for offside the line should be drawn across players feet and not which part of their body is sticking out ?
Penalties , sure if it is scored what matter is it if anyone encroached . Very hard to stop player anticipating when the ball will be kicked.
Being a rugby fan our TMO (video ref ) is light years ahead of football and the video refo only give his opinion and the final decision is left to the ref. There have been lots of times when the ref has disagreed with the TMO and overturned his decision esp nigel owens who always thinks he is right and 99.9% of the time he is .
Football refs are losing the power to control the game . I would like to see refs disagree with var sometimes when they think it is wrong

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 2, 2019, 8:25 pm

TAXIfor7/11 wrote:
December 2, 2019, 11:35 am
Talking about 2 balls on the pitch at once who remembers this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUvHP-d03Bo
Yeah ! But one was a Beach Ball.......

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 3, 2019, 1:48 pm

747man wrote:
December 2, 2019, 11:26 am
dragonz wrote:
corner.JPG
Yes You are CORRECT the ball was OUTSIDE the Quadrant but I Was just waiting for somebody else to post this,NOT A Red either because it would have been " Oh Here he goes AGAIN " They certainly are the " Masters of Spawn " Get EVERY Decsision in their Favour...Yeah That's LiVARpool !!
Look, Liverpool are already losing their edge. They're hand-wringing about why Salah has gone off the boil and losing Fabinho to injury has them is a panic since it doesn't appear Klopp has much confidence in the stack of 13 midfielders they already have in house. They are fearing they may already a spent force.

But what about Leicester, eh?!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 3, 2019, 1:56 pm

dragonz wrote:
December 2, 2019, 4:14 pm
The game is pretty much ruined for me now. Years ago the linesman used to stand on the line to prevent you stealing yards on a throw in and check that the ball was correctly placed for a corner .This var is absolute crap . I think 80% of the decisions i see i do not agree with I see offside given when a guys arm is offside ?!Surely for offside the line should be drawn across players feet and not which part of their body is sticking out ?
Penalties , sure if it is scored what matter is it if anyone encroached . Very hard to stop player anticipating when the ball will be kicked.
Being a rugby fan our TMO (video ref ) is light years ahead of football and the video refo only give his opinion and the final decision is left to the ref. There have been lots of times when the ref has disagreed with the TMO and overturned his decision esp nigel owens who always thinks he is right and 99.9% of the time he is .
Football refs are losing the power to control the game . I would like to see refs disagree with var sometimes when they think it is wrong
Refs bleeding power to the petulant bullying and inflated ego's of the EPL's millionaire status players is where it started going to pot. Simulation should be an automatic red card. Waving your arm way above your head while jumping to an in-swinging free kick or corner resulting in a hand ball call should be a mandatory penalty and regardless of which team the arm-waver plays for, a red card.

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » December 5, 2019, 5:13 am

L I V E R P O O L 5- 2 little ev :D

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » December 6, 2019, 6:35 am

Strong rumours coming out of Finch Farm this evening.

Everton are looking to appoint up and coming Italian manager, Samuelo Alardiccio as Marco Silvas replacement
79784090_2837475896273927_4262020391418986496_n.jpg

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » December 6, 2019, 6:57 am

No surprise, Silva sacked by Everton. Duncan Ferguson takes temporary charge.

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » December 6, 2019, 7:25 am

Sateeb wrote:
December 6, 2019, 6:57 am
No surprise, Silva sacked by Everton. Duncan Ferguson takes temporary charge.
what does ferguson do?all ive ever seen him do is collect balls in one of those big nets :D looks like hes aged over night on hearing his new role
79704077_2837562279598622_6393628573277618176_o.jpg

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » December 6, 2019, 9:01 am

747 you should have got the job 😂
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » December 6, 2019, 9:10 am

dezzer111 wrote:
December 6, 2019, 9:01 am
747 you should have got the job 😂
He might of done a better job than the other muppets,but not sure lilac shorts on the side line would be a good look

Return to “World Sports”