The U.K.'s Christmas Election

GT93
udonmap.com

Re: The U.K.'s Christmas Election

Post by GT93 » December 5, 2019, 11:11 am

I think the boofhead has left the UK? :lol:

The Tories escaped pretty lightly; not too much damage was done to their electoral chances.

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 5, 2019, 6:36 pm

But Boris laughing at the Trumpet in full view of the worlds media has just put an end to his post brexit "Special Trade Deal" :lol:

To be fair though the only difference it will make, is that today NOBODY will believe the deal is possible, as opposed to yesterday when it was NOBODY EXCEPT BORIS =;

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 6, 2019, 10:40 am

Johnson's managers seem to be hell-bent on him avoiding any more pre-election debates or one-on-one interviews with anyone that may get him to step on his dick.

His stage-managed visits hither an thither are also managed to keep the uninvited and most of the media at arms length.

A bad day for Farage as Brexit party MEPs realise they've been had

"Losing four supporters to Boris Johnson’s camp exposes individual Nigel as the narcissist he is"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... e-been-had

Sturgeon's disastrous Scottish record is a foretaste of life under Corbyn

"Scotland provides the perfect example of the errors of a centralising 
 tax-and-spend agenda"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... fe-corbyn/

Hung parliament.
No Brexit (yet).

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » December 6, 2019, 11:37 am

[quote=tamada .

Hung parliament.
No Brexit (yet).
[/quote]
That's not what the money market is saying, today nearly 40 to the pound based on the prediction of a Conservative big majority win . Lets hope they are right.
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » December 6, 2019, 2:34 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
December 5, 2019, 6:36 pm
But Boris laughing at the Trumpet in full view of the worlds media has just put an end to his post brexit "Special Trade Deal" :lol:

To be fair though the only difference it will make, is that today NOBODY will believe the deal is possible, as opposed to yesterday when it was NOBODY EXCEPT BORIS =;
Looking at the news from both sides of the water maybe he is making a double bet that he will be in power and Trump won't.! :-"
Age is a matter of mind.
Mark Twain,

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 6, 2019, 2:55 pm

Old Grumpy wrote:
December 6, 2019, 11:37 am
tamada wrote:
December 6, 2019, 10:40 am
Hung parliament.
No Brexit (yet).
That's not what the money market is saying, today nearly 40 to the pound based on the prediction of a Conservative big majority win . Lets hope they are right.
That's the problem. The fund managers and bankers are all shamelessly spouting nothing less than flagrant and unsubstantiated forward-looking statements based solely on their near-term profit taking and nothing actually factual or remotely close to reality.
Last edited by tamada on December 6, 2019, 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 6, 2019, 4:42 pm

tamada wrote:
December 6, 2019, 10:40 am
Johnson's managers seem to be hell-bent on him avoiding any more pre-election debates or one-on-one interviews with anyone that may get him to step on his dick.
A direct challenge from the BBC - let's see if Johnson has the cojones to take it up.
Andrew Neil has laid down the gauntlet to Boris Johnson by challenging him to the BBC interview he has so far refused to commit to, saying it was “a question of trust” for the prime minister.

Gazing directly down the camera to an audience of millions, Neil said Johnson was the only leader of a main party not to have faced a prime-time grilling by him.........

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... GTUK_email

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 6, 2019, 7:28 pm

BOJO is just worried that he wont be able to remember which lies he told to who. When you lie as often as he does you need to check your records before answering questions =;

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 6, 2019, 7:40 pm

All politicians past present and future are lying *******.. in tbis particukar case we seem to have a royal.flush of bullshitters n twisters of the truth .. Als imo Bojo is the best of a very bad bunch .. and at least to.coin a phrase i made up.all.on my own

HE WILL.... GET BREXIT DONE .

Dm.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 6, 2019, 11:57 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
December 6, 2019, 7:28 pm
BOJO is just worried that he wont be able to remember which lies he told to who. When you lie as often as he does you need to check your records before answering questions =;
Got it in one there statts. I was listening to 5 live where an interviewer quoted what the Conservative's Brexit secretary had stated was policy which contradicted what Johnson had just stated as fact. As usual, Johnson just kept speaking over the interviewers repeated pointing out that it was contrary to what his own staffer was saying.

And then there's Corbyn who, after being called for possibly fencing Russian disinformation with those secret Tory plans to hive off the NHS, seems to have found yet another 'confidential' government report that apparently undermines their stated Northern Ireland Brexit strategy.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 6, 2019, 11:59 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 6, 2019, 7:40 pm
All politicians past present and future are lying *******.. in tbis particukar case we seem to have a royal.flush of bullshitters n twisters of the truth .. Als imo Bojo is the best of a very bad bunch .. and at least to.coin a phrase i made up.all.on my own

Dm.
All together children, "OH NO HE WON'T!"

I simply love pantomime season, don't you?

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » December 7, 2019, 7:18 am

tamada wrote:
December 6, 2019, 11:59 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Dm.

OH YES HE WILL.!!!
Age is a matter of mind.
Mark Twain,

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 7, 2019, 9:12 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
December 7, 2019, 7:18 am
tamada wrote:
December 6, 2019, 11:59 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Dm.

OH YES HE WILL.!!!
HES BEHIND YOU :shock:

Nothing new gained from.last nights leaders debate ..only more lies n unbrlivanle promises i
i oersonally cant stand the Corbinated chicken .. the thought of this fella in number 10 along with Diane Abbotpotamous next door is so scary ..
Yes Bojo isnt perfect a bit of a fruitcake but he is the best of a very very bad choice IMO... and the only party willing to.abide by the 2016 referendum.where 17-4 mil unintelligent yokels who didnt know what the difference bewtween leave or remain meant ..got it wrong .
Labours stance on Brexit is a joke .. fact .
Lets get behind .Bojo n make Btitain great again ..

Dm.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 7, 2019, 10:22 am

^ Not sure if being "the only party willing to abide by the 2016 referendum" amounts to a hill of beans once they are all back seated in Westminster. The Tories own tranche of persistently Remain MP's consistently rejected predecessor May's successive bad deals and if we are to believe what we are being told, Johnson's deal isn't a whole lot better and in some key aspects, it is worse. I find it harder to believe the glib promises and broad entreaties that fall from his lips. Each day he will have to do megatons of obfuscation, hypocrisy and outright lying to keep that gaggle of irresponsible and deceitful parliamentarians all onside. Like the plate spinning magician, that's why he's in such a rush.

In the meantime, HMS Bojo just took a torpedo on the stern quarter.

British diplomat in US resigns, saying she can't 'peddle half-truths' on Brexit

"The British diplomat in charge of explaining Brexit to the US government, Congress and public, has resigned, saying she was no longer prepared to “peddle half-truths on behalf of a government I do not trust”.

“I have been increasingly dismayed by the way in which our political leaders have tried to deliver Brexit, with reluctance to address honestly, even with our own citizens, the challenges and trade-offs which Brexit involves; the use of misleading or disingenuous arguments about the implications of the various options before us; and some behaviour towards our institutions, which, were it happening in another country, we would almost certainly as diplomats have received instructions to register our concern,”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... government

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 7, 2019, 12:17 pm

Just more election time FAKE NEWS Tam... theres loads ov it about at mo eminati g from.all.sides ..like all these "leaked" docs n dossiers Corbs keeps stumbling across ..

Pinch ov salt my good man pinch ov salt

Just a few more days of all tbis election crap then the real nonsense can start

Dm

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » December 7, 2019, 2:03 pm

I see the link is to the Guardian. That alone, IMO ,renders it not worthy of reading.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 7, 2019, 4:41 pm

No link to Making model buses from cardboard boxes monthly tam :-$

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 7, 2019, 5:28 pm

Well this guy is clearly an astute observer, but probably hasn't got the same degree of love that Boris enjoys from some on the Map:

NSFW!

I particularly liked this bit:
Boris, ...... looking like a startled pig in a hay bale......
:D

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 7, 2019, 7:49 pm

jackspratt wrote:
December 7, 2019, 5:28 pm
Well this guy is clearly an astute observer, but probably hasn't got the same degree of love that Boris enjoys from some on the Map:

NSFW!

I particularly liked this bit:
Boris, ...... looking like a startled pig in a hay bale......
:D
Solid gold mate!

A much more precise definition of, and explanation for tactical voting than John Major, Tony Bliar or bigtits Swinson could ever, ever come up with.

Return to “U.K.”