CCTV - internet connected

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
MrFixer
udonmap.com

CCTV - internet connected

Post by MrFixer » November 28, 2019, 8:09 pm

Hi Guys...
Anyone able to recommend a shop in Udon or Kut Chap that can supply and install a domestic CCTV system? Just a couple of cameras that can monitor the property and be accessible via the internet (so we can view when we're away travelling).

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: CCTV - internet connected

Post by stattointhailand » November 28, 2019, 8:16 pm

If you are in town have a word with Mike at the Lucky Bar, rumour has it he sits at home and "scouts" pool players in his bar :lol:

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » November 29, 2019, 7:10 am

We purchased an 8 camera Watashi system at Home Pro several years ago and Home Pro scheduled the install. The installers did a good job. The installers recommended using a central power supply for the cameras because the individual power supplies that were powering each camera on a previous 4 camera system that we had kept burning out. The installers told us that we can purchase components for Watashi systems at the D-Tech store at Landmark Plaza also and they will do warranty repairs for Watashi DVRs and cameras also. The D-tech store at central plaza handled a warranty repair on our Watashi DVR that was taken out during a lightning storm a year or so later after the installation. We can access our cameras on our cell phones using a Watashi Application when we are away from home. You can download the app from the Android Play Store. We are very satisfied with the system.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 29, 2019, 9:11 am

My first experience was done myself with D-Link equipment. I bought D-Link off Lazada because everything was supposedly very easy to install. NEVER again will I ever buy anything D-Link, it was it a nightmare to install. After that everything quit working. After asking for support, I was informed that D-Link was no longer supported in Thailand.

I then bought a system from a local guy. I bought the four camera unit. He did a nice job of installing the system and it works great. Too late I discovered that four cameras were not enough. I then bought two Yi Home WiFi cameras. They also work great but don't record on a hard drive. They use an SD card. Completely wireless other than the power source. They are easy to move around because all you need is a regular 220 volt plug in. Both systems can be monitored remotely on a smart phone.

The electric grid here sucks, so both systems run 24/7 off my solar systems.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 29, 2019, 2:57 pm

Bit of a thread hijack here, forgive me.

I have a couple of old Panasonic ip cameras that were externally browser accessible through their free viewebcam.com utility. It appears that my login for that service has been expunged or is otherwise not valid any more with no response to my queries why. I think maybe it is no longer supported?

So I am looking for an alternative, preferably free ip cam hosting service for my 2 existing ip cameras. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ta
tam

MrFixer
udonmap.com

Post by MrFixer » November 29, 2019, 5:06 pm

glalt wrote:
November 29, 2019, 9:11 am

I then bought a system from a local guy. I bought the four camera unit. He did a nice job of installing the system and it works great. Too late I discovered that four cameras were not enough. I then bought two Yi Home WiFi cameras. They also work great but don't record on a hard drive. They use an SD card. Completely wireless other than the power source. They are easy to move around because all you need is a regular 220 volt plug in. Both systems can be monitored remotely on a smart phone.

Hi.. Would you have a phone number for the local guy you mention?

And thank for all the replies.

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » November 29, 2019, 9:07 pm

If you’re in Kutchap drop into 797 on the corner at the lights, they sell cameras (they sell pretty much everything electrical) and seem to have installation guys on hand for most electrical work.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 30, 2019, 10:32 am

MrFixer wrote:
November 29, 2019, 5:06 pm
glalt wrote:
November 29, 2019, 9:11 am

Hi.. Would you have a phone number for the local guy you mention?

And thank for all the replies.
My wife has his contact number but unless you are in the Nong Hin, Loei area it will do you no good. Sorry. He services what he sells as long as it is within easy driving distance.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 30, 2019, 11:19 am

There are a number of advantages using the Yi Home outdoor cameras. You can easily set them up yourself with your computer because they are wireless. The setup actually talks to you and makes setup easy. Once you have the cameras paired to your WiFi, you can plug them into any outlet within WiFi range. The cameras use a 32 GB memory card and it starts over when the card is full. It can only save a couple days of recording, so it is a bit limited. The cameras keep recording even if the WiFi is down. I keep an icon on my task bar. One click and you can see what the cameras see. That and the Yi cameras also have sound capability that plays through my computer speakers. I can hear when our gate opens and a single click lets me see who is here. When it is dark outside the images are black and white rather than color but the range is pretty good.

I made a mistake buying the wired four camera system. I should have bought the eight camera system for a little extra cost and would have had the capability of adding more cameras if needed.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » December 1, 2019, 10:13 am

i am using this https://www.lazada.co.th/products/evkvo ... 80651.html
very good camera ,can follow true app on your phone/tablet , have 3 of them in use , very clear at night and 5xoptical zoom (better than digital) , beware when ordering with other companies ,not having the 5x optical zoom ,
is also connected in the home on a monitor viewing what is happening in our street
very good camera for a ridiculous price ....as info .. ;)

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » December 2, 2019, 7:26 am

Just fitted a wired 8 camera system to the house in Khon Kaen.
Bit over AU$200 for the lot with a 1gig drive included, use a similar one here in Aus for last 4 years no problem.
Cannot see the point in wireless camera as one still has to get power cabling to each camera point.
Internet accessible, works great.
Only added cost was an old 2nd hand monitor.
Almost possible to tell wife's mum when to defrost the old frig.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 2, 2019, 10:39 am

bluejets wrote:
December 2, 2019, 7:26 am
Just fitted a wired 8 camera system to the house in Khon Kaen.
Bit over AU$200 for the lot with a 1gig drive included, use a similar one here in Aus for last 4 years no problem.
Cannot see the point in wireless camera as one still has to get power cabling to each camera point.
Internet accessible, works great.
Only added cost was an old 2nd hand monitor.
Almost possible to tell wife's mum when to defrost the old frig.
I guess the advantage of the wireless ip camera and the UPS protected modem and internet connectivity is you can watch the robbers flipping your digs during a power cut while you are out for dinner.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 2, 2019, 1:22 pm

That's the reason all 7 of my cameras run 24/7 off my solar power systems. Once in a great while the Internet goes down and the wireless cameras are still recording.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”