New Motorbike / Scooter

General Udon Thani topics only!
ajsp9
udonmap.com

New Motorbike / Scooter

Post by ajsp9 » November 10, 2019, 1:18 am

My wife wants to buy her daughter a new bike in March 2020. I’m just after any reviews or advice on decent makes and models.

She’s not after a sooper dooper, top of the range bike but neither as a young teen who values ‘the look’ is she wanting a basic model so really, a mid range decent bike is the one.

Any suggestions ?

timmy
udonmap.com

Re: New Motorbike / Scooter

Post by timmy » November 10, 2019, 6:35 am

S/I/L just bought a new " scoopy " 2 days ago 110cc looks good enough and strong , 51000 with 2 helmets and insurance .

Manxlad
udonmap.com

Post by Manxlad » November 10, 2019, 8:10 am

I bought a Honda click 125i last year for my wife and we are really impressed with it
Comfortable ride position, quick nippy twist and go motor, so no gear changing required.
Fuel consumption is amazing and a decent under seat storage facility
One years free Honda insurance and a Honda jacket and two basic helmets thrown in.

random thought
udonmap.com

Post by random thought » November 13, 2019, 8:22 am

Get her a Honda Wave. Yeah you have to shift but why is that a problem for some. They last forever with almost nothing to break or maintain.

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » November 13, 2019, 8:59 am

Yamaha Q BIX if she is cool and trendy.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » November 13, 2019, 10:14 am

the missus has a Honda Wave that must be a good 20yrs old I reckon. Used everyday with three of them on it, looking like some sort of circus clown act. it has never had anything major needed done on it, so we will get a new Wave with the wire spoke wheels to replace it soon..

thecroc4
udonmap.com

Post by thecroc4 » November 13, 2019, 11:15 am

If I was buying one for my daughter I would be buying a new honda scoopy. I have a click 125i and a scoopy 110i. Both just over 2 years.
The scoopy is a lot safer on the road, with its wide tyres. Although the click is faster, I would be buying a scoopy because its slower and safer on the road. Maintenance costs are very cheap as with most bikes here.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » November 13, 2019, 11:18 am

Yamaha Aerox is the best of the lot

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » November 13, 2019, 11:19 am

maaka wrote:the missus has a Honda Wave that must be a good 20yrs old I reckon. Used everyday with three of them on it, looking like some sort of circus clown act. it has never had anything major needed done on it, so we will get a new Wave with the wire spoke wheels to replace it soon..
maaka that circus clown comment is a classic. Made my day.
About the bike
Depends on her size and experience.
I have a click 150 but for a young woman a 125 as mentioned earlier would be my go to bike. Keep her safe with disc brake, good night time head light and good tyres. I think the125 click has key less start like my 150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 13, 2019, 3:53 pm

We've got a Yamaha Qbix
I like the donut tyres as they don't tramline in ruts or expansion joints & its got ABS too which works great around the village.
The adverts are aimed right at the teen market rather than a fat wobbly farang such as me :-"
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”