OK boomer

World news discussion forum
Post Reply
User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 5338
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: ฃอยชอบ Auckland

OK boomer

Post by GT93 » November 8, 2019, 2:05 am

I'm enjoying the "OK boomer" line we are increasingly hearing or reading in public discourse. :lol:



User avatar
FrazeeDK
udonmap.com
Posts: 3790
Joined: February 13, 2006, 2:02 am
Location: Udon Thani Thailand

Re: OK boomer

Post by FrazeeDK » November 9, 2019, 7:25 pm

well, let the youngsters be condescending.. I don't care much..
Dave

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 11405
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: OK boomer

Post by stattointhailand » November 9, 2019, 8:00 pm

Not got a flamin' clue what you are on about :confused:

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 10598
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: OK boomer

Post by jackspratt » November 9, 2019, 8:04 pm

GT93 wrote:
November 8, 2019, 2:05 am
I'm enjoying the "OK boomer" line we are increasingly hearing or reading in public discourse. :lol:
I am personally offended that a Kiwi sheila has culturally appropriated the Australian national animal for her own ageist agenda. :roll:

FMD - where will this all end?

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 11405
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: OK boomer

Post by stattointhailand » November 9, 2019, 8:42 pm

I thought it was Aussie women that were "sheila's" :-k

Kiwi women are BAAR BAAR a's

choi choi
udonmap.com
Posts: 295
Joined: March 5, 2018, 10:35 pm

Re: OK boomer

Post by choi choi » November 9, 2019, 9:04 pm

For your information,
"OK boomer is a viral internet slang phrase used, often in a humorous or ironic manner, to call out or dismiss out-of-touch or close-minded opinions associated with the baby boomer generation and older people more generally"..... Never heard of it!

TFP
udonmap.com
Posts: 13
Joined: December 30, 2006, 7:52 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: OK boomer

Post by TFP » November 10, 2019, 11:29 am

GT93 wrote:
November 8, 2019, 2:05 am
I'm enjoying the "OK boomer" line we are increasingly hearing or reading in public discourse. :lol:
I'm enjoying it too!

After all the names millennials have had thrown at them for the last few years (entitled, lazy, needy, luvvies, fluffies, crybabies, snowflakes etc.) I think they're showing a real restraint by limiting it to 'OK boomer'!

User avatar
parrot
udonmap.com
Posts: 9185
Joined: March 19, 2006, 8:32 pm

Re: OK boomer

Post by parrot » November 10, 2019, 11:48 am

It's not like the boomer generation listened intently when their parents told horror stories about the great depression or WW II or how we kids had it so good compared to when our parents were kids. OK Boomer is what young people do, no matter the generation. It's just a succinct way of letting the older folks know they might be out of touch with the younger folks. There's no need to get into a long discussion about why landlines are still essential or why I can't use my mobile phone whenever I want to or when I was a youngster everyone read newspapers that were printed on paper sort of discussions.
Short, sweet, to the point

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 11405
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: OK boomer

Post by stattointhailand » November 10, 2019, 12:25 pm

I'm still struggling to understand the fact that they only seem to refer to "guys" when I'm sure they meant "Guys AND GIRLS"

and also the fact that a plural of just about anything is referred to as a "BUNCH" its like they have never got round to learning the English language :roll:

a "BUNCH" of flowers is OK
a "BUNCH" of people waiting on the line is just plain stupidity ... don't they know how to use "grammar check" when they write their scripts :evil:

TFP
udonmap.com
Posts: 13
Joined: December 30, 2006, 7:52 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: OK boomer

Post by TFP » November 10, 2019, 12:30 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 10, 2019, 12:25 pm
I'm still struggling to understand the fact that they only seem to refer to "guys" when I'm sure they meant "Guys AND GIRLS"

and also the fact that a plural of just about anything is referred to as a "BUNCH" its like they have never got round to learning the English language :roll:

a "BUNCH" of flowers is OK
a "BUNCH" of people waiting on the line is just plain stupidity ... don't they know how to use "grammar check" when they write their scripts :evil:
OK boomer

User avatar
parrot
udonmap.com
Posts: 9185
Joined: March 19, 2006, 8:32 pm

Re: OK boomer

Post by parrot » November 12, 2019, 9:06 am


glalt
udonmap.com
Posts: 1630
Joined: January 14, 2007, 10:35 am
Location: Nong Hin, Loei

Re: OK boomer

Post by glalt » November 12, 2019, 9:21 am

I was one of the very early boomers. My 1963 graduating class had more than twice as many students as the previous graduating class. I really don't care what the spoiled kids of today call us. I won't be alive to see what happens to the country when the voters elect "progressives" and the government turns the country green.There will come a time when the voters will see the disaster they have created.

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 5338
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: ฃอยชอบ Auckland

Re: OK boomer

Post by GT93 » November 12, 2019, 12:23 pm

TFP wrote:
November 10, 2019, 11:29 am
GT93 wrote:
November 8, 2019, 2:05 am
I'm enjoying the "OK boomer" line we are increasingly hearing or reading in public discourse. :lol:
I'm enjoying it too!

After all the names millennials have had thrown at them for the last few years (entitled, lazy, needy, luvvies, fluffies, crybabies, snowflakes etc.) I think they're showing a real restraint by limiting it to 'OK boomer'!
My thoughts too.

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 10598
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: OK boomer

Post by jackspratt » November 12, 2019, 1:41 pm

Stick and stones I guess.

I can remember dear old granny spratt telling a young, pre-pubescent jack, that "my eyes were bigger than my belly".

A few years later that became "my balls were bigger than my brain". :shock:

Post Reply

Return to “World News”