water pump accessories

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
kopkei
udonmap.com

water pump accessories

Post by kopkei » July 20, 2019, 7:41 am

for those in need of any new pressure switch at a reasonable price ...
https://shopee.co.th/search?keyword=%E0 ... rtBy=price
a lot of choice ...as info ;)

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: water pump accessories

Post by FrazeeDK » November 4, 2019, 9:19 am

is there a local store that stocks various brand water pump parts? I've got a Mitsubishi WP-3050S pump that is not be providing enough pressure into the house. There's no leaks. I've pulled the tank and flushed it.. I've backflushed the water pipes in the house to blow out built up crud.. The pump is about 5 years old.
Dave

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 5, 2019, 10:59 am

just before the 5 arm , coming from makro...
https://www.google.co.th/maps/@17.40354 ... 6656?hl=en
big and small shops next to each other , not cheap though... ;)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 6, 2019, 5:15 pm

I've always used this one on Phosri before the jingarings. The white, double-wide one. Some of the staff (owners?) speak good English although I always bring the bit that needs replacing, just in case they're super busy. I have never been overcharged for Mitsubishi pump parts; 80 baht here or 160 baht there and the parts are all genuine, in factory sealed bags, labeled with part numbers.

Maybe they are more expensive if you are buying a complete new pump? I never checked there but shopped around and got the best deal going at the time at Thai Watsadu.

https://www.google.com/maps/@17.4033003 ... a=!3m1!1e3
phosri pump shop.jpg
Last edited by tamada on November 6, 2019, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 6, 2019, 5:28 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
November 4, 2019, 9:19 am
is there a local store that stocks various brand water pump parts? I've got a Mitsubishi WP-3050S pump that is not be providing enough pressure into the house. There's no leaks. I've pulled the tank and flushed it.. I've backflushed the water pipes in the house to blow out built up crud.. The pump is about 5 years old.
I had a Mitsubishi WP-255R and the tank finally rotted out after maybe 12 or 13 years. Replaced it with a new Mitsubishi WP-305R but bought a generic replacement stainless steel tank on lazada for about 1800 baht and rebuilt the old one to keep as a spare. Still has the original pump motor and loads of pressure.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 9, 2019, 11:26 am

Tamada.. Got the pressure regulator, 480 baht at the store you posted above. Family operation with the matriarch asking what model of pump I had, then quickly rattling off to a clerk the row and shelf somewhere in the back the replacement sensor was located. The clerk brought it up to a young lady who spoke perfect English, who completed the transaction. Replaced the sensor today but still have the same issue with my Siemens large tankless water heater not getting enough pressure/flow to quickly activate the heater flow sensor which turns on the heating element. The dang thing works if you turn on two hot water faucets in the house but not just one.. argghghgh!
Dave

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 9, 2019, 1:13 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
November 9, 2019, 11:26 am
Tamada.. Got the pressure regulator, 480 baht at the store you posted above. Family operation with the matriarch asking what model of pump I had, then quickly rattling off to a clerk the row and shelf somewhere in the back the replacement sensor was located. The clerk brought it up to a young lady who spoke perfect English, who completed the transaction. Replaced the sensor today but still have the same issue with my Siemens large tankless water heater not getting enough pressure/flow to quickly activate the heater flow sensor which turns on the heating element. The dang thing works if you turn on two hot water faucets in the house but not just one.. argghghgh!
That is often a symptom of a filter being slightly blocked if it used to work on a single tap but now needs 2
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 9, 2019, 1:32 pm

I agree with stww that there's some impediment to the flow through/from the hot water heater? Does one or the other hot water faucet trigger the heater sooner than the other? I would check the mesh filters on the ends of the hot water faucets to see if they're crudded up. Similarly, these also create back-pressure and if they've been removed and the faucet flow is more like a cow pissing on a flat rock, then the auto sensing in the water heater maybe won't work?

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 9, 2019, 7:16 pm

back flushed the hot water pipes. Dismounted and backflushed the water heater. No screens on them anymore as they were crudded up. All faucets have aerators on them.. If I remove the aerator from the faucet in the master bath the mechanical sensor in the heater activates when the faucet is turned on full. If I replace the aerator there is not enough flow to push the mechanical sensor open which pushes the switch to activate the heater elements. Not enough flow through either bathroom's shower head either. This problem was sporadic prior to our going back to the States for a month and a half. When we returned the heater wouldn't activate anymore. Next step is to dismount the heater (again) and partially disassemble the mechanical flow switch to see if there is some adjustment..
Dave

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 9, 2019, 9:28 pm

When did you remove the screens in the heater connections? I have a Whirlpool top-loader washing machine where the cold and hot water inlet valves had screens that were very badly crudded up and reduced flow to a trickle. All google searches suggested if the screens couldn't be cleaned, replace with a new assembly instead. Removing the screens will force the water pressures sensor full-on and restrict flow. Being American made, no parts available in Thailand and nothing even close so I spent the best part of a day un-crudding them and proper water flow was restored. I used some CLR cleaner that I brought in from the US ages ago. Looks like you can buy it here though. Maybe need to get a bottle of that, 'soak' the heater and get some screens for it?

https://www.ubuy.co.th/en/catalog/produ ... st-remover?

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 9, 2019, 9:58 pm

the crudded up "screens" I removed was a few years ago. They weren't part of the heater input or output but actually behind the faucet fixtures (go figure that one!). They were completely clogged. One I couldn't remove but had to cut out of the pipe.. I'll try to get the de-calcifier stuff and that might help. But, since I've flushed out all the pipe and a lot of crud did come out, I'm thinking its either in the very small stainless tube that taps off the cold water input, goes through the mechanical flow sensor then back into the cold water input pipe.. It'd be real difficult to get at those as they've got a lot of bends and actually are behind the electrical switch that is closed and opened by the mechanical flow sensor.. Plus the switch has a plastic cover on it that feels brittle. I think if I try to pry it off to get at the actual top of the mechanical pressure sensor that it'll break... Oh, I've looked for a replacement for my Siemens tankless water heater but it appears off-market/obsolete.. All the water heaters in the various outlet stores (including the new big one on the ring road) seem to have only single shower heaters rather than the large house heat I have..
Dave

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 10, 2019, 10:08 am

What's the model number BTW? Interesting issue you have there.

Return to “House & Land”